1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Moneybookers/Skrill is going down, take your money out.

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by DomainMagnate, Jan 30, 2014.

Over the past months skrill started to suspend accounts randomly and seizing funds from clients. They are also applying random credit card charges and fees. They usually suspend an account and require additional verifications, claiming this is for "security purposes", however even after sending those, if you do happen to get a reply, they just close tickets, keep requesting same or more details, dragging the whole thing for a while. There is a high risk of Skrill going down, so be warned and take your money out if you have a significant amount there. I had over $1k in there when my account was suspended, and I've used it little over the last 8 years, mostly just to pay for hosting or accept affiliate payments.

Their support is almost non existent, tickets are never answered for weeks, no one picks up the phone.
    There are thousands of unsolved claims and cases all over the internet, their reviews are near bottom low on all sites. For some reference: Scambook has about 100 complaints, TrustPilot a similar number, over 200 reviews on ReviewCenter, even their facebook page is filled with hundreds of complaints of missing funds, suspended accounts and unwarranted charges, to which they just give an automated answer, trying to make it look like business is normal. They have the lowest, F rating on BBB, the list goes on..

If you have an active Skrill account, check if you still can withdraw funds and do so quickly before it's too late!

I know many people on DP use skrill and think that since they had no issues with it so far it's a good service, but this is furthest from the truth. If you do have to use skrill for a lack of a better alternative (Paypal is not available in certain countries) at least make sure you do not have serious funds in the account and do not have a credit card connected so they can't charge it as they please!

DomainMagnate, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  2. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the heads up - I do use Skrill so will be checking I can withdraw straight away. I hope you manage to retrieve your $1k!

dayvo, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  3. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Also note - if your account is suspended, or you can't withdraw or send payments - they will not send you a notice and it won't appear in your account profile. The only way to find out is usually by trying to send a payment or withdraw. My account currently shows everything as normal, the balance is there and active, it can also likely receive funds as well, I only see the suspended notice when trying to send money.

DomainMagnate, Jan 30, 2014 IP
    hdewantara likes this.
  4. hdewantara

hdewantara Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's really bad news and hard to believe; I've been using Moneybookers/ Skrill for years (although for a very small amount/ transaction)! The only thing I remember is that it's not easy process to get an account there.

But I'll surely be checking this out...
    thanks for the news, DomainMagnate.

Hendra

hdewantara, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  5. shazalakazoo

shazalakazoo Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems that I was happy that they did not accepted me. Year ago I asked them many questions before I opened account and start to invest in my eshop. They assured me that they will process my web shops and I invest lot of money to build them, filled them with over 5000 thousand products and also make some business agreement with some distributors and manufacturers.

When I finished everything and invest near 10 000 $, I contacted them again and asked to give me merchant access and API key for integration in my Eshops. I already have valid personal account with them and sent them all documents that they required, prepared 5 eshops and wanted to bring them more people with their web shop since we also producing web shop for our clients as well. So there will be lots of money for them.

They answered me simply. "Currently we do not accept any more requests. Please contact us some times later. ?!?"
    I knew that something was not OK with them. What company does not want to earn more money? I waited few months and send them request again and received the same answer. Since in the meantime I received some info on other merchants that started their business with them, it was obvious that they for some reason do not want to work with me.

So I sent them a warning email telling them that they will be received sues from my advocates for racism and denial of equal rights for all. Also for deception since they collected all my personal data for nothing. My lawyers have appealed to European court of justice in Strasbourg and EU chamber of commerce and also to American chamber of commerce. We currently waiting to present evidence against this criminal organization.

After some private investigation I came to some really interesting data. The owner of the former moneybookers and now Skrill was banking consortium from Bahrain - Investcorp (CEO Nemir Kirdar).
    http://www.investcorp.com/aboutinvestcorp/default.aspx
    They recently sold majority of stakes to CVC Capital Partners
    http://thepeninsulaqatar.com/business/gcc-business/249484/bahrain-investcorp-sells-skrill-to-cvc-capital-for-800m-

Obviously this was not their main business. They use this company to money laundering their filthy bank activities. Quite ridiculous since one of their main statement on the official website is that they are strictly against money laundering.

So, my deceived friends. I suggest you to hire some good lawyers and file a collective complaint to the European Union and anti laundry commission, also to American chamber of commerce in which you request immediately return of all your funds back and examine all transactions of these crooks bankers and urgent closing of all companies involved in those scam scheme.

shazalakazoo, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  6. razashah

razashah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont Agree! Skrill is the best payment system on the web, using it from past 6 to 7 years without any problem!

razashah, Feb 2, 2014 IP