1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Much Did You Make with Adsense in March?

Discussion in 'Payments' started by Burta, Apr 4, 2006.

?

How Much Did You Make With Adsense in March?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2006.
  1. >$100

46 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. $100 - $300

37 vote(s)
    23.0%
  3. $300 - $500

17 vote(s)
    10.6%
  4. $500 - $1000

18 vote(s)
    11.2%
  5. $1000 - $5000

29 vote(s)
    18.0%
  6. $5000<

14 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. nate_king1

nate_king1 Active Member

Best Answers:

Show off, just kidding.

nate_king1, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  2. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $20,134.71 congrats

You must have about 90-100k visitors then to your site

infonote, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  3. fiveniner

fiveniner Active Member

Best Answers:
    just wondering do you do this full time or pt?

fiveniner, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Unique visitors in March were over 400k.

This is part time right now, but I am interviewing a potential replacement for me at my "day job" on Friday. If he works out, I'm free! :)

Will.Spencer, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  5. writingzen

writingzen Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice earnings Will.

Are you using more of a user-generated content creation via forums and discussion boards or a content-building method via article posting and article submission from others, or are you using RSS feeds to generate content?

Oh, the heck with it, how are you doing that kind of bank with just 20 sites?:D

writingzen, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  6. markkk

markkk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :eek:

im jealous... :)

markkk, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    OK, here's where all of the secrets come out!

Just kidding -- there are no secrets. :eek:

I am not having much success at all with user-generated content. My forums are very low-volume. I post very few free-to-publish articles. I haven't check the article submission queue for the Internet Search Engines FAQ in months. I've never even touched RSS.

Here's what got me to this point: I wrote good content.

My moving forward strategy is to contract with good writers to increase the speed at which I can own high-quality original content.

Twenty sites is too many. In the future, I intend to have five web sites or less. I will sell off my excess web sites on Site Broker.

The key is not to have a lot of sites. The key is to have really good sites. The only business reason to have more than one web site is to be able to better weather random and senseless Google penalties. My #2 site is currently being penalized by Google. If I had only that one web site, I would be very very cranky. I figure that three good web sites should be enough to average out Google penalties.

I have twenty web sites because I'm constantly interested in new topics. More than anything, these extra websites are distractions which have actually cost me money by reducing my ability to focus on just a few websites and making them the absolute best web sites they can be.

In web sites, focus on quality -- not quantity. In web pages, focus on both quality and quantity. More good content == more revenue. That's the only secret there is. :)

Will.Spencer, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  8. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hate to change the topic, but what do people think of the current spread of the votes - there is a distinct drop from the $300 - $1000, anyone have some interesting theories on it?

Burta, Apr 7, 2006 IP
  9. kneukm03

kneukm03 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Probably because the biggest hump to get over is in the lower income range. Once you're there, the $300-$1000 range is just a transition period - most of the people who make that much are going to be able to replicate it and make more. It's just building more websites or writing more pages or doing whatever you did to make the first couple hundred a month over and over.

kneukm03, Apr 7, 2006 IP
  10. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Once you start making money, you get really motivated. :)

Will.Spencer, Apr 7, 2006 IP
  11. Jasmine123

Jasmine123 Peon

Best Answers:
    in March I make $325, all from my free blogs at blogger but this month my earning going down for sure because blogger deleted most of my blogs. I hope SE crawl my new website soon. Wish me luck guys!

Jasmine123, Apr 7, 2006 IP
  12. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I started in on Adsense earnestly in December.

My goals were $10.00 per day

then $20.00 per day

then $30.00 per day.

Jan $200.00

Feb $450.00

March $861.93

Started with 1 website. Bought another Mid January just for its adsense income and it is a hobby I love.

2 websites with 50,000 visitors per month.

I am at the over $30.00 a day for over a month now so April will see first $1000.00 month.

I will exapand these sites. Goals will be to get to each additional $10.00 increment. Goal setting should be realistic and easy to achieve toi maintain morale and motivation.

IE even though April will be over $1000.00 that figure is not my goal

my goal is $40.00 per day for the month. I will meet that goal most and fall off some days but that's okay as wins beat losses.

After $40.00 it's to $50.00

My immediate long term goal (within the next 6 months) is $100.00 per day.

1 year goal Plan on making $200.00 per day at least in Adsense revenues.

I have also found some small pre built websites which are nothing to maintain and are making small amounts daily as they age and ripen waiting for the search engines to start driving traffic.

All Adsense income is earned through organic SEO work and driving traffic from other non adsensed non monetized websites.

I have found that links to non related websites will drive traffic to the other websites and this traffic will click on ads once on those other sites.

I have found an effective low cost way to generate original written gramatically correct content.

I am taking the concept of the original website and extending it to other identical websites with the only differences being age of domain registration images and content.

If you are planning on developing websites in months or years ahead buy domains now and park them.

When ready to take online add page by page. Try not too have broken links ..get the bots crawling as your making changes and adding pages as this is always seen as fresh and changing.

You'll see quick response in SE traffic that way as opposed to slapping 50, 100, or 500 pages online at once and then having to wait for the spiders to crawl all of them.

My 86,192 ad cents for March 2006

Sem-Advance, Apr 7, 2006 IP
    princip likes this.
  13. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Sem-Advance for the advice - I agree with pretty much everything you posted, and I guess to a large degree you are an example why there aren't many webmasters in the $300-$1000 range, even though your currently in it its obvious you have no intention of staying there.

Burta, Apr 7, 2006 IP
  14. niceboy

niceboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i earned around 10$ in 7 days. almost nothing compared to u ppl.

niceboy, Apr 7, 2006 IP
  15. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry you will get there.

I will actually be really interested to see all these results again in 3 months time and if being a member here in this section of DP will get more people into the higher sections or if we will see an increase in the lowers section due to new members signing up for adsense and DP? What do you guys think will happen?

Burta, Apr 7, 2006 IP
  16. tomecki

tomecki Peon

Best Answers:
    You are almost a king in the google:)
    How long are you working on your websites?

tomecki, Apr 7, 2006 IP
  17. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    In the big picture, I am a very tiny little publisher.

I started with AdSense in January of '04. At that time, I had one web site that received around 200 unique visitors a day and another that received around 100 visitors a day.

When I forecasted the kind of revenue that was possible with AdSense I said "Woah... I should do this!"

So I did. :)

Will.Spencer, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  18. writingzen

writingzen Peon

Best Answers:
    Will.

What kind of stats programs do you use to monitor your page visits and your adsense impressions?

writingzen, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  19. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I use AWStats and AdSense Tracker.

Will.Spencer, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  20. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Will,

the prob with what you said though is that though content is king. You have to have the right kind of content. Content that both

A) People are looking for

and

B) Advertisers pay good for.

I have a website that brings in over 3,000 uniques per day but for every 100 clicks it only makes $5. With Adsense it takes more than traffic. That's why I diversify and use pop-up networks and CPM networks.

GeorgeB., Apr 8, 2006 IP