1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I improve my website's Core Web Vitals and user experience?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by henryjamesss, Feb 14, 2024.

Hello everyone, I'm looking for advice on improving my website's Core Web Vitals and enhancing user experience. I've noticed that my site's performance metrics, including page loading speed, interactivity, and visual stability, need improvement according to Google's Core Web Vitals assessment. I would appreciate any insights or recommendations on optimizing page loading speed, leveraging browser caching, minimizing render-blocking resources, optimizing server response time, improving interactivity, reducing input delay, and ensuring visual stability. Any tips, tools, or best practices related to Core Web Vitals and user experience enhancement would be highly valuable. Thank you in advance for your help!

henryjamesss, Feb 14, 2024 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    How you do each of those things depends on what scripts the site is running with. It's probably easier to take each point one at a time.

Lets start with page loading speed.
    Ensure your hosting is reliable
    Make sure your images are .webp
    Make sure you're only downloading the scripts and stylesheets you need

sarahk, Feb 15, 2024 IP
  3. Daniel165

Daniel165 Member

Best Answers:
    Improving your website's Core Web Vitals and user experience involves addressing several key factors. Start by optimizing your site's loading speed, ensuring fast and efficient delivery of content. Utilize tools like image compression, minification, and caching to speed up page load times. Additionally, focus on enhancing the website's responsiveness and interactivity, making sure it is mobile-friendly and easy to navigate. Implementing a smooth and intuitive user interface, along with providing valuable and well-structured content, will contribute to a better overall user experience and positively impact your Core Web Vitals.

Daniel165, Feb 19, 2024 IP
  4. tagoneseo

tagoneseo Peon

Best Answers:
    To boost your website's Core Web Vitals and user experience, optimize loading speed with tools like LiteSpeed Cache for WordPress. Also this can help you with SEO. Ensure mobile responsiveness, minimize layout shifts, optimize interactivity, and monitor performance regularly.

tagoneseo, Feb 20, 2024 IP
  5. Matt231

Matt231 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is something I have spent a long time on in the last 12 months, in particular page loading speed, because it drives so many things: SEO ranking, UX metrics, Google ads performance, conversion rate, returning visitors, etc.
    The size of your images will be a big factor on load speed, careful how big they are, that you have some cache plugin to store the images for the user, and check the format (WebP is good but careful on the quality). Get some image compression plugin like Smush but again be careful when compressing you do lose too much quality.

After quite a bit of work I have managed to get Propress to load at 4 secs which given the number of plugins it has for various functionalities, and all the large images the client requires on the site, I think is quite good. Take a look at the site - be good to hear your and other people's feedback. ;)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    Matt231, Feb 21, 2024 IP
  6. AISEOUX

AISEOUX Peon

Best Answers:
    I think in general with CWV. It's the same rules as before. Reduce file size. Improve page-speed. That also helps user experience.

Look out especially for larger images, make sure you reduce the file size with those (without making the images too blurry).

UX is a lot of communicating what to do, and making things quick and easy for users.

AISEOUX, Feb 21, 2024 IP
  7. Matt231

Matt231 Peon

Best Answers:
    You might want to consider a CDN (Content Delivery Network) to get your server nearer your audiences. At Propress we use Cloudflare and they seem good and reliable and I have seen an improvement in speed.

Matt231, Feb 22, 2024 IP
  8. GreenHost.Cloud

GreenHost.Cloud Member

Best Answers:
    Focus on optimizing your website's loading speed by reducing render-blocking resources, leveraging browser caching, and improving server response time. Enhance the user experience by minimizing input delay, improving interactivity, and ensuring visual stability for a better Core Web Vitals assessment. Utilize tools such as Google PageSpeed Insights and Lighthouse to identify areas for improvement and implement best practices to enhance overall performance.

GreenHost.Cloud, Feb 27, 2024 IP
  9. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here are some tips and tools that can help:

1- Upgrade your hosting: Hosting plays an important role in the website you need to upgrade your hosting plan for a better outcome.
    2- Compress and optimize images: Images should be in WebP provides a superior compression algorithm which reduces file size. if your website has a large image this needs to be compressed
    3- Minimize CSS, HTML, and JavaScript: Reduce unnecessary characters, comments, and white spaces to reduce file sizes.

MilesWeb, Feb 29, 2024 IP
  10. fb122

fb122 Peon

Best Answers:
    Rocket cache for WordPress.

fb122, Mar 3, 2024 IP
  11. Mark Elijah

Mark Elijah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Improving your Core Web Vitals and user experience can be tackled from a few angles:
    Speed it Up:
    • Optimize Images: Large images can slow things down. Use tools to compress them without sacrificing quality.
    • Minify Code: Minimize unnecessary characters and whitespace in your HTML, CSS, and JavaScript files.
    • Leverage Browser Caching: Store key website elements on users' browsers to speed up repeat visits.
    • Reduce HTTP Requests: The fewer resources a page needs to load, the faster it appears. Combine files when possible.
    Enhance Responsiveness:
    • Prioritize Mobile Friendliness: Make sure your site loads and functions well on all devices, especially mobile.
    • Minimize Render-Blocking Resources: Identify and defer non-critical scripts and styles to prevent them from delaying page rendering.
    Visual Stability:
    • Optimize Font Delivery: Preload key fonts to avoid layout shifts as fonts load.
    • Reduce Layout Shifts: Ensure elements on your page have defined dimensions to prevent unexpected jumps during loading.
    Helpful Tools:
    • Google PageSpeed Insights: https://www.webpagetest.org/ Analyzes your site and offers specific recommendations.
    • GTmetrix: https://gtmetrix.com/ Another popular tool for website performance analysis.

Mark Elijah, Apr 27, 2024 at 7:01 AM IP