1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google acknowledges problems with site: query

Discussion in 'Google' started by minstrel, May 19, 2006.

1. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I added Google Sitemaps AFTER losing most if my pages form the index. It hasn't helped any but since it wasn't even there when the problem started it obviously isn't the cause.

minstrel, May 24, 2006 IP
  2. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    I also added a sitemap for a site, but that didn't help at all. But that is for a domain name I bought in January that had previously been banned, then expired, AND has a hyphenated name. How much bad planning is that..I don't envisage a quick result.

Rasputin, May 24, 2006 IP
  3. ShayRC

ShayRC Banned

Best Answers:
    I've read this at: http://sitemaps.blogspot.com/2006/05/issues-with-site-operator-query.html

Its not true !
    My website (www.shay-rc.com) had more then 700 pages indexed. Now its only 18.
    I used to have ~1000 visitors from Google per day now its dropped to ~10

Is there something that I can do to be re-indexed ?

ShayRC, May 24, 2006 IP
  4. minstrel

Best Answers:
    You might try a reinclusion request, ShayRC: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/reinclusion-request-howto

Try keyword spamming and hidden text on the site. Then link out to link farms and hook up with blatant link-trading schemes. Finally, but a lot of links and make sure you brag about this and about where you bought them on your site.

That oughta get your listings back. :eek:

5. ShayRC

ShayRC Banned

Best Answers:
    How this can be done ?

ShayRC, May 24, 2006 IP
  6. minstrel

Best Answers:
  7. ShayRC

ShayRC Banned

Best Answers:
    But I did not spam ? :(

ShayRC, May 24, 2006 IP
  8. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm

I did a reinclusion request - that got the index page reindexed a couple of months ago, and a lovely email from G telling me there was no problem with the site. Nothing since with the other pages - none are indexed - I've given up asking them, since I was always just told again to look at their guidelines.

I posted a query in the mattcutts blog referred to - last time I looked I think my entry had been deleted (wasn't rude, but it did mention the site name, which perhaps was a no-no)

Rasputin, May 24, 2006 IP
    Ajeet likes this.
  9. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I'm not suggesting you did. But Matt Cutts and others have been suggesting that you use the reinclusion request to report other types of problems with indexing as well.

I know of at least one other person that happened to - he had posted several comments, some of which were approved and others which were not - one of his comments was first approved and then withdrawn. Who knows? Maybe Cutts is trying to limit critical comments? Or maybe he's trying for a balance of issues or questions addressed by the comments? No idea.

10. Helmethead3

Helmethead3 Peon

Best Answers:
    he'd be doing alot of deleting then! What are the chances we can all ride this out & in a month it'll all be good again?

Helmethead3, May 24, 2006 IP
  11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Actually, comments on that blog have to be approved before going public, I believe, which means he first approved the ones in question and then unapproved them. Maybe he was just in a hurry to be gone on his vacation.

12. nedguy

nedguy Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't hold your breath.

Either they'll fix it before the general public notices the standard of their service (so they've got about another 12 - 18 months I'd guess)... or they won't, in which case somebody, somewhere, someday will write a book about the rise and fall of an internet giant.

Either way I don't care. I've moved on. I'm concentrating any SEM/SEO efforts in other directions (rss, podcasts, tags, etc etc), and dropping in occasionally to Google threads to see what hasn't happened. (I also like watching paint dry) ;)

nedguy, May 25, 2006 IP
  13. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    I believe their problems started last September so it's taken 9 months for them to acknowledge they might have a small problem. Your watching paint dry analogy is way off, it's more like watching Plutonium-244 decay.

Roman, May 25, 2006 IP
    relixx likes this.
  14. Caios

Caios Peon

Best Answers:
    For the first time since May 19 I have more than my index page in the index. 14 new pages from somewhere.

New pages on these datacenters

Caios, May 25, 2006 IP
  15. Caios

Caios Peon

Best Answers:
    Now up to 80 on a lot of datacenters, that from 2 to 80 today. Mostly the return of previously indexed pages from the begining of may. Finger crossed this is the begining of the fix.

Hows everyone else doing?

Caios, May 25, 2006 IP
  16. Takshaka

Takshaka Peon

Best Answers:
    No change here, what are you using to check?

I am seeing that the cached pages (for the few pages that I still have indexed) are more recent than they have been though.

Takshaka, May 25, 2006 IP
  17. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Nothing new either except I am updating my analogy from watching Plutonium-244 decay to watching SE-82 decay.

:)pretty creative at the cheap plug for my site; No?:)

Roman, May 25, 2006 IP
  18. Caios

Caios Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive been using this http://www.mcdar.net/dance/index.php

Theres loads of different results for mysite all over the datacenters now. (thats amount indexed not SERPs) After seeing 1 to 3 pages on all of the datacenters for what feels like ages its really a relief to start seeing something happening. Not sure whats going on but it looks like the pages I had indexed around the 17 May.

Caios, May 25, 2006 IP
  19. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why did Google copied the old data back to their server?

I had from beginning about 27000 pages indexed. I changed the site a while back and then Google was showing indexed pages from old site and the new site. After Google update, the old pages disappeared and I could only see the new pages, still about 27000. Then about 10-12 days ago, the number went down to 8. For the last week, I am up again to 27000 but none of new pages are showing and only the pages from the old site are there as supplemental result.
    I am still getting traffic through Google but everything going through my 404 page.

It seems to me the data on their servers is restored to before the update time, anybody else has noticed this? :confused:

gworld, May 25, 2006 IP
  20. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, gworld, others have seen the same thing. This is the best theory I have come up with: data got corrupted and a backup was restored, or hardware was swapped out and the old drives were reinstalled with old data.
    With the new crawl caching proxy servers, this should not happen. It should be first in, first out in theory. If you weren't getting crawled well I could see the old pages still being there perhaps, but they went away and came back.
    This is basically a rehash of an earlier post of mine in another thread:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=910242&postcount=124

NetMidWest, May 25, 2006 IP