1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Days Gone is underappreciated...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Johnny Mnemonic, Dec 10, 2022.

I remember in 2019 when I played the game, there was a lot of annoying glitches. However, the game maintained my interest. Not many games have done anything like what this game achieved. Which means it's sad that it was called "woke" by the now departed Bend Studio director.

Repetition was a big problem with the game, but once it warmed up, it was a solid 9/10 experience. The AI is very good, and the graphics look so amazingly real. Enemies see you, or set traps, and you have to think fast. Although I didn't think the horde battles with the Freakers were very fair, but I guess they weren't supposed to be easy. You got knackered too quickly from running around.

But yeah. The story and characters are great. Too bad it doesn't seem as if Sony gives a hoot about developing a sequel.

The story is that you play a drifter (Deacon St. John) on an upgradable motorcycle during a pandemic. He helps out people in camps, in a The Walking Dead manner, and his best friend "Boozer" gets hurt badly after they are attacked by members of a cult near a motel.

The drifter isn't certain if his wife Sarah is still alive, until he meets a researcher who evacuated her on a rooftop a few years previously. This basically convinces him she's still out there, someplace.

There's a lot of zombie type things to fight, and wildlife like wolves and bears can chase you too, and even infected variants show up in the forest and along the highways.

What do you think of the game!?

Johnny Mnemonic, Dec 10, 2022 IP