1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogger or self hosted wordpress?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by weput, Feb 22, 2009.

1. MrSwagga

MrSwagga Guest

Best Answers:
    Well if you are just starting out and want to get your feet wet, go ahead and start out with blogger. But for me, it looks much more professional when you have your own domain and self-hosted blog!

MrSwagga, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  2. juliusreid

juliusreid Peon

Best Answers:
    Ppl say self hosted wordpress is definitely better.. but there are professionals out there who use only blogspot.. well..blogger is definitely much simpler.. and if your intention to make money thru bloggin...
    then I think, if you can use blogger which is simple and easy to make the same amount of money... then why not?
    but if it is for the passion of blogging.. then of course.. self hosted wordpress is the best..
    Anyway.. for those who say that blogspot is for noobs, you will be surprise how much some so called "noobs"
    make more money than all of your fancy wordpress theme. :D and at what cost? nothing.. :p
    So.. u will have to decide on ur own..

juliusreid, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  3. weput

weput Active Member

Best Answers:
    well i haven't decide yet witch way to go.
    some other guys has been saying to just buy a domain and stay where i am since the blog looks kinda cool and stuff..

I'm asking all this because now i'm getting like 10 uniques a day and if changes were going to be done i supposed they should be done now

weput, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  4. danzig

danzig Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you host your own blog, Blogger.com have in the past deleted a load of peoples free blogs without any notice - pretty annoying when you've put the work in.

Hosting your own gives you ultimate control.

danzig, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  5. weput

weput Active Member

Best Answers:
    is there any easy tool to pass the template from blogger to wordpress?

weput, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  6. danzig

danzig Peon

Best Answers:
    If you host your own blog you may also want to consider selling it in the future which you would not be able to do with a free blog.

danzig, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  7. dickieknee

dickieknee Active Member

Best Answers:
    your own blog, you gain reputation, better monetization options and more templates/plugins to customise the blog

@weput, i am not aware of an easy tool but any psd/webpage can be coded into a wordpress blog, you just need to decide if you want to pay someone to do that

dickieknee, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  8. Noddegamra

Noddegamra Peon

Best Answers:
    I use blogger for my xbox 360 gaming blog

As you can see, you can do a lot with it to customise it and make it look more professional. The best part is it's free, has great uptime, and you can display adsense. There is no cost at all (apart from $10 a year for a custom domain name).

Noddegamra, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  9. Mr.Submit

Mr.Submit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely go for self hosted wordpress blog.
    I have had few suspended blogs on Wordpress and Blogger and never use their service again.

Mr.Submit, Feb 25, 2009 IP