1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any way to get GMB for Affiliate Marketing?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mikehende, Feb 3, 2024.

Hey guys, is it possible for anyone to get a GMB for Affiliate Marketing in any way and if yes, what would I need to do to get the best chance for acceptance please?

I am thinking more like being a 'referral' service for local services, like Angi and Home Advisor? To sell leads to local servicemen.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    mikehende, Feb 3, 2024 IP
  2. AdventurerCaravan

AdventurerCaravan Peon

Best Answers:
    Following this

AdventurerCaravan, Feb 5, 2024 IP
    mikehende likes this.
  3. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Creating affiliate marketing with Google Business (GMB) listing is against Google's guidelines. You must be aware that affiliate marketing operates virtually and doesn't have a physical presence.
    Listing your affiliate website as local business, violates Google's guidelines for GMB listings.
    If you are defining a service area, it becomes misleading. Google has strict policies to prevent misuse of GMB.

MilesWeb, Feb 5, 2024 IP
  4. mikehende

mikehende Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes of course that is my thinking too tbh BUT how then why/how would top and most popular referral sites like Angi and Home advisor be in the 3-pack? I mean, it's not like some unknown site who can fly under the radar.

mikehende, Feb 6, 2024 IP
  5. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are right. But, both sites you mentioned, Angi and HomeAdvisor fall under the GMB category of "Home service referral service."

Although they don't have a physical store themselves, Google has provided a category, specifically designed for businesses that connect customers with local service providers.

MilesWeb, Feb 6, 2024 IP