1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

100k in 5 yrs?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by olddocks, Oct 23, 2007.

1. dadougalee

dadougalee Peon

Best Answers:
    Would it be easier to do this with chitika rather than adsense? I heard that it gives better earnings.

dadougalee, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  2. surfmale

surfmale Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to do this in fact some do it a month,

its all depends on what fields you working in..

And how innovative you are.

Surf

surfmale, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  3. dadougalee

dadougalee Peon

Best Answers:
    Do it in a month? I doubt any of those people are on this site. I'd be in my fourth home in Hawaii if I made that much a month.

Good news though, I made 1 cent yesterday! Woo Hoo! 9999 more to go!!!

dadougalee, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  4. DesignBytes

DesignBytes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ya its possible somewhat but hard n needs patience!
    plus you just have to select some important buzzwords

PS: I agree to DannyBly

DesignBytes, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  5. S.Sameer

S.Sameer Active Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I've noticed is that when it comes to topics like these, people like to speak out of their ass. Then there are people who've actually stepped out of their comfort zones and done something, and they either failed, and are still trying, or became successful and are working at staying successful. The advice from these guys comes from their experience, they tell you what works and what doesn't.

I personally have had my own share of successes and failures, but each failure has only added to my knowledge and showed me the right way to do things, and I run a network of 16 websites making a quite decent income which I can't disclose at this time.

To make any business profitable, to whatever extent, even if it's a website or anything, the laws of business apply everywhere. You need a good idea, this is stage 1 where most people can go but 98% stop here. The rest decide to go ahead and develop it into reality, totally dedicating themselves to it. Some may stop here as-well, after getting tired and giving up. Then the rest go further ahead and take a risk, and promote / market it with whatever they've got, and keep trying new things despite of failures after failures until they find the magic key which works. The bottomline is you should think big, think original, never give up and never hang on just for the sake of it, but rather keep trying new things until you find one which works.

I also like to read experiences of people who've actually done something apart from writing a lame book titled 'How to become a millionaire!' when they aren't one themselves.

A good place I'd recommend is Bob Parson's blog - CEO of GoDaddy, Inc and also formed Parsons Technology. Both multi-million dollar companies.

S.Sameer, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  6. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Um you forgot to mention the last step for many - GOING BROKE trying to succeed online.

Not everyone who pours everything into their site will succeed.

Only takes one error or bad call to loose everything you've gained.

thsadmin, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  7. dadougalee

dadougalee Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, one bad thing that could happen is you put everything you got into it, and nothing happens, and then you get discouraged and stop working on it. Next thing you know, you lost everything you gained, and all your work was for nothing. Very Frustrating!

dadougalee, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  8. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yup one of the biggest choices and part of a business plan is the PPP - Pin Pulling Point - create a margin of error, debt, loss or even dis-satisfaction and once you hit that Point Pull the Pin.

9. S.Sameer

S.Sameer Active Member

Best Answers:
    First, take that concept out of your mind that business is all about what you've gained and lost. You should focus on how to be the best in your own category, how to make your customers very happy, and if all that works well, believe me, you will 'naturally' begin making money once that happens. However, begin thinking by the other way round and see what happens. To me a definition of a successful business would be one with excellent services and / or products and happy customers, not one having a turnover of $100,000. There are lot's of examples, Google is one. They didn't begin by thinking 'How can we make money by making a great search engine' but rather 'How can we make the internet a better place by making a great search engine' - and when they succeeded in that, people loved them, and financial success followed.

Now, when I say keep trying new things it doesn't neccessarily mean that you have to invest some more in terms of money, it could be anything new or just a new change in something. I know that being broke is a possible outcome in business. It comes with any business however it's not that you can't avoid it. Remember the saying: "A smart dog chews his own bone". So I believe if you know what you're doing, and you have a lot of knowledge and skills in that particular field, your chances of total failure or being broke are reduced by a huge margin. And also let me tell you, being broke isn't the end of a business. Bob Parsons went broke trying to sell his 'MoneyCounts' software, and he was in a debt of $50k mind you, but waited and went into the 3rd year, reduced the price, sorted out a new marketing strategy called direct mail, and it turned out to be a $64 mil. success.

And one thing you should always accept is the worst possible scenario. Another Bob Parsons trick, it does the same thing as turning the lights on in a dark room where you'd be afraid otherwise. Whenever something worries you, just try and visualize the worst possible scenario. Be as specific as possible. And once you've done that and accepted that scenario, you'll not be afraid.

Business is not the same as gambling. Both have risks, yes, but in business you have a lot of variables under your control, and not in gambling. A business is and should be a calculated risk, gambling can be only to a certain extent. ;)

So, get out of your comfort zone and do something. Give up your safety net. Think about it, just about everything is 'risky'. Driving your car is risky, catching the next bus is probably risky, walking on the streets is risky, I think being alive carries the 'risk' of sudden death too, but yet you still live. ;)

S.Sameer, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  10. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nice mate good little read - very informative.

I'm just chucking in some harsh reality - what's the % of ppl that fail online ?

And nah I'm not a failure yet :p , I have made some dough, now I'm re-building with a new project.

11. Pauline

Pauline Peon

Best Answers:
    Try affiliate programs! :D

Pauline, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  12. vanquishdesign

vanquishdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Find a Niche

We write articles under several pen names about Education/College Degrees/Diplomas etc.

We always mention a site we have been sending clients to at 30% per sale for over 3 years now, www.instantdegrees.com

That's it, choose you niche, do your research, and concentrate on promoting 1 program. That way, you keep focused. It works for us.

vanquishdesign, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  13. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to ensure success is to sell a skill while building your own empire. If you know coding, code for others. Design logos. Do forum posting. These skills have a zero dollar initial investment, and will bring you something, even if it is just a pittance.

Then, once you have a feel for the way things work, and contacts through your clients, you can start developing your own pet projects.

internetauthor, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  14. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    You could easily make it in 5 years.

You could start tinkering now and stumble and fall and eventually make it there.

Or you could think for 4.5 years about the perfect ideas work it out and spend 1 month building it and cash in directly there after.

You could also do anything inbetween. Think of the desired result and don't see yourself with it but see yourself doing "what you do" to be with it.

Good luck and get a blog already if you don't have one! ;)

Dubz, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  15. Chios

Chios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I say you could make it in 5 years ... maybe sooner

1. find a subject that you are passionate about or at least one that is not going to get your bored in a month from now
    2. think what you want to build and what is the demand for that
    3. ask questions/revise your plan
    4. build it
    5. promote it
    6. monetize it (put ads or affiliate links)
    7. watch the stats
    8. read/learn impove it
    go back to 5.

if you can make a $1 from this project and 5. 6. 7. 8. is a routine for you ... build another project

The more you put into your projects the more they would give back to you
    (maybe not from the first months or year but they will soon)

thsadmin I think the failures have already gone home

Chios, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  16. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    100k in 5 years ? It's hard not to make it actually.

SEOLinker, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  17. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    baumann93, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  18. Pinup Girl

Pinup Girl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Pinup Girl, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  19. tomal007

tomal007 Banned

Best Answers: