1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone else click others sites "Just for the heck of it"??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by chuckypita, Aug 23, 2008.

As a newbie, I've started to click on peoples sites and really study all the adsense placement - etc.

I've made it a point to always click at least "1" adsense from now on - just because I know the person has worked so hard to build his/her website.

I'm just curious - has anyone else ever just gone over websites and clicked away - "just for the heck of it?"

:D

chuckypita, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  2. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I'm really interested about knowing what is advertised there, I will click to check it out. However, I don't click just for the sake of trying to help the site owners. It's not fair towards the advertisers.

lycos, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  3. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I only click if the ads is interest enough or related to the thing i'm searching for. orelse i dont like to click any.

tradeya, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  4. chuckypita

chuckypita Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm.... that's a great point. Fair enough.

chuckypita, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  5. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    Yes, when I know nothing about Adsense. :D

But now, I only click if I really desperate to find an information/website that I really need to know.

dynashox, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  6. donlin

donlin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Same here, if it looks interesting, I'll go check out a site but leave the adsense alone unless its something I want to see.

donlin, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  7. mrvicks

mrvicks Banned

Best Answers:
    I do sometime to see what peaple,s are advertising on adwords.

mrvicks, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  8. C a s p e r

C a s p e r Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually knowing that they know my ip and if I click my own ads I dont click anyone elses as I am afraid they may track that also.

C a s p e r, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  9. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Nop, even when something looks interesting i grab the url and write it myself in my browser :p

scubita, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  10. goldenbrowngod

goldenbrowngod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I sometimes click on other peoples ads (adsense or other) to be nice to site owners.

goldenbrowngod, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  11. pixeladd

pixeladd Banned

Best Answers:
    NO

and DONT because it could be my ad and im not paying for crappy clicks :)

pixeladd, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  12. Ja5219

Ja5219 Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends.. I take into account how much time the website owner took into making the site and probably how much hard work it was.. but i also think about the advertisers who paid for the ad... so I only click if its something I'm interested in.. to be fair.

Ja5219, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  13. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    I never click on adsense ads, I never want to accidentally click on my own ads so I just have a personal policy to never ever click on any adsense ad anywhere.

Plus I'm not buying, so it would be unfair to the advertiser for me to click on the ad anyways.

canam, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  14. jasonb25

jasonb25 Member

Best Answers:
    It's unethical to just click away. Advertisers are paying good dollars to pay for these spots and don't want flybys to blow there money for them.

jasonb25, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  15. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    That's really not something to smile about... clicking for no apparent reason and just to help out hurts in the end because you weren't a conversion... also.. you're just making advertisers waste money. If advertisers waste money (assume everyone does this) why the heck would they keep advertising?

Instead of flaming, I decided to somewhat explain it because you said you're new. I'd also NOT suggest you just click on peoples ads for their benefit because it might turn around and hurt YOU (AKA: AdSense seeing you're clicking all these ads and not converting through your IP)...

Hell... If I'm interested in an ad and I just copy paste the URL to help the advertiser out! There was something on someones AdSense ad yesterday that I was interested in and I clicked it since I was too lazy to copy paste the URL... but I only clicked cause I knew I was going to convert for the advertiser 100%. First time I've probably clicked on an add intentionally in over 6-7 months.

Help publishers by letting them know their site is developed well and you enjoyed it...!

Fka200, Aug 23, 2008 IP
    tattoos likes this.
  16. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    I only click when the ad catches my attention and if I think its useful.

silveraden, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  17. Roger M Blake

Roger M Blake Banned

Best Answers:
    i think click ony when you have some interest in the ad and that you think the site deserves some clicks as encouragement from time to time.

sometimes it can be real demoralising for some adsense publishers to not see the result of their hardwork and what we can do is to sustain their interest long enough for real results to come in.

still we should not click indiscriminately

Roger M Blake, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  18. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with Fka200.
    In fact, since I became an AdSense publisher, I have developed a fear of clicking on ads, any ads, not just AdSense ads.

What Fka200 says about not converting is correct, we see so many threads at DP where people have had there accounts disabled for no apparent reason, (sometimes there are reasons)
    but I suspect that one of the "non apparent" reasons could be that Google will cancel accounts that do not have a high enough conversion rate. So clicking on an ad, may be putting the site owner one step closer to opening a:
    "I got banned from AdSense, and I don't know why" thread.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Aug 23, 2008 IP
    1 person likes this.
  19. cristlegirl

cristlegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    If I have an interest in the add, yeah I'll click it. Why not? I don't just go around clicking ad's for no reason though

cristlegirl, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  20. cheeky002

cheeky002 Peon

Best Answers:
    i treat everything on the page the same. if there is something that is catchy, i click, i'm not going to stop someone from making money jcus i'm afraid to click. the ads are there for a reason, and if relevant, it gets click. i even click those on gmail. -lol. that for sure no one gets the money except for google/

cheeky002, Aug 23, 2008 IP