1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Site Explorer Gets a Makeover

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by HomeRun, Aug 21, 2008.

A few years ago, we launched Site Explorer with the goal of providing site owners with better visibility into how we index their websites and what data we use in our search service. Over the years we've moved beyond simply providing information to webmasters to allowing them to tell us what to do with their site, using functions such as submitting feeds, deleting URLs or reporting spam. Our most successful function among all has been Dynamic URL Rewriting. We've had thousands of site owners enter rules for their websites and webmasters auto-rewrite an average of 25,000 URLs per rule, with some sites rewriting millions of URLs in 1 shot.

Today, we launched a new look and feel for Site Explorer (http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/new) that provides a more dynamic interface to accommodate future feature roll-outs. The new interface also includes a new Site Summary page to provide statistics for authenticated sites. On top of this, we're also increasing the number of rules for Dynamic URL Rewriting that you can enter from 3 to 10.

The new site is located at a special URL to give you some time to play around with it and update your tools that use our interface. We will make this the default experience soon, so please use this time to update your tools. And, as always, please give us feedback on your new experience. We want to hear from you!

HomeRun, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  2. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Everything on the web is onm a makeover spree these days. Lat year we had a major Paypal makeover, and now yahoo's site explorer. Well its definitely better than the previous one but they could have improved more on the look and feel of it

sar420, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  3. HomeRun

HomeRun Peon

Best Answers:
    Well they are now showing the exact # of indexed / crawled pages. Thats a good improvement

HomeRun, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  4. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, isn't that in alignment with "fresh content"? ;)

AngelaE8654, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  5. Phooey

Phooey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Huge improvement! Still needs to step things up to catch up with Google's webmaster tools, but I like the new look and new features.

Phooey, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  6. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like the new look & feel they've crafted for Site Explorer, but I'm more interested in what it might mean for us in the near future.

Could this Site Explorer redesign be a harbinger of things to come? One line from the Yahoo announcement really caught my attention...
    I'm imagining a more 'Google Webmaster Tools'-esque dashboard with a lot of the same tools & features, which would just rock ;)

Epica, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  7. expiringdomains

expiringdomains Peon

Best Answers:
    Great Look I just submitted 4 sites to it.

There is strill a room for improvement there.

expiringdomains, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  8. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It certainly looks better. Ithink they need more indepth site information though.

SearchBliss, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  9. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    A much needed make over was needed. I I hoe they can take it one step further and improve over googles webmaster tools

homebizseo, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  10. jerome

jerome Banned

Best Answers:
    I like it. And I will submit my sites into it.

jerome, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  11. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    It has a nice design to it. I already submitted my site to it.

zurpit.com, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  12. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice design, same functionality. Hopefully they make it more customizable in the future in terms of narrowing results.

Gallito, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  13. tukang

tukang Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank, I also have submitted some of my sites that I wanted to submit for a long time, but just forget to think about Yahoo Site explorer...
    *just remembers Google webmaster tool*

tukang, Aug 25, 2008 IP