1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

banned from EPN

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Pixelrage, Aug 20, 2008.

Just got banned from EPN after one year of making high quality sites. Never once bought or swapped a link - all sites were packed with content I wrote from scratch and were created with BANS, on un-modified sites. I wasn't using any trademarked names or illegal URLs. I couldn't be more serious when I say that I did absolutely NOTHING against their terms of service. What a bunch of scumbags.

-----------------------
    --------------------------

No f***ing reason. I'm guessing this is basically the permanent end of my career on epn???? Is there anything I can do? EPN was 1/5th of my annual salary.

I cant believe they have the balls to just ban someone for no reason and no explanation.

Can I create another EPN account on another IP?

Pixelrage, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  2. Brent S

Brent S Peon

Best Answers:
    That s*_ )s. I would contact EPN support and check details and see if you can "fix" the problem.

I would also try signing up with PepperJam

See 3rd link in sig.

You have been a pretty constant voice in this forum, and have always had good advice. I wish you the best of luck.

Brent S, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  3. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Using Pepperjam would be your consolation. However, I would scrap all of the BANS work and use phpBay Pro instead.

SFOD_D223, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  4. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of people have appealed and been reinstated. You have nothing to lose by trying. There's quite a bit of info about this on the BANS forum. Also, in some of the reinstatement letters, EPN has specifically stated that they have no problems with BANS or phpBay. BANS was not the reason.

They'll want a description of your promotion methods.

Update:

Seems a lot of people have been caught in this next round of "expirations". This has to make you wonder whether it's worth spending any more time building sites for EPN. i.e. is it worth the risk? I've beein in the affiliate game for quite some time, but have never faced this sort of risk.

potentmix, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  5. Paul1011

Paul1011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm mad as hell, i just got the same email and googled the text in the letter and found this thread. I was making just about enough to go full time and quit my job...this sucks big time. I cant talk now...too mad...WTF..

Paul1011, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  6. Paul1011

Paul1011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was getting very few ARCU's almost all from sales...it was a win/win deal....now all the time i spent is down the tube..

Paul1011, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  7. mroversized

mroversized Peon

Best Answers:
    Stop freaking out and go get a new EPN account. If you were really making that much money with EPN to go full time, it won't cost much to make an investment and get another account. There are many step-by-step guides to getting a new legal EPN account, mainly used by ebay cookie stuffers.

mroversized, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  8. DSAMMON

DSAMMON Peon

Best Answers:
    Very true you can get another account no prob.But what for?Do ya really want to go through this crap again a few months down the road?Im currently making 16k or so per month through epn only and I just left them after reading all these threads about being banned for no reason.I informe a few friends that are with epn and they are leaving too.Instead of wondering each month if you will still be an affiliate of ebay or get canned without notice.Go explore other networks.Theres tons of niches out there and they all pay as good if not better than epn.Think about your family guys.

DSAMMON, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  9. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    If you try to go to PJ, is there a blacklist that still would bar you from EPN?

potentmix, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  10. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
  11. rluna559

rluna559 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now on the EPN forum, eBay is censoring it's disgruntled affiliates by deleting all but 1 reply on the main thread, plus a few posts on small thread.

rluna559, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  12. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    I got this letter. My EPC was $8 - I had a lot of invalid clicks so EPC was probably higher than this. I wonder what's going on with them?

webwork, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  13. DPobserver

DPobserver Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe high EPC is the reason ? Looks like EPN empire soon will be like adsense empire, both will turn to shit.

DPobserver, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  14. DPobserver

DPobserver Banned

Best Answers:
    Check yourself. You maybe using CJ PID still, that's why your clicks maybe shit for EPN, cause they are now without CJ.

15. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys - I never thought about Pepperjam. I guess, the only other thing I can rely on is Squidoo. Amazing how sites that big never seem to get hit with these issues....

Nintendo: that is actually my thread on the epn forum :D I figured I'd post on Digitalpoint, because I usually get a lot more constructive replies here.

potentmix: what happened to the BANS forum? It looks to me like they just axed it off the site! (unless it was moved?)

DSAMMON has a good point. Even if I signed up for a new account, how long would it be until that one got the ax? This reminds me of the Adsense fiasco. I'm glad I never got hit with that one, at least...

Pixelrage, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  16. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    still there at http://www.buildanichestore.com/forum/index.php it is now running on vbulletin and full of people who have also been "expired". It seems like a lot of people are turning to Pepperjam.

sorry to hear all the news, a very worrying time.

mcjp6, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  17. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a report on the BANS forum from an affiliate who was axed on the previous chopping block that his switch to PepperJam is working as expected. One thing about BANS is that there's a downloadable easy conversion tool from EPN to PJ.

potentmix, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  18. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Any idea as to how long it takes Pepperjam to accept you? I have about 6 days to make a major move...otherwise, my very high SE rankings are going to suffer to the point where I'll have to start all over again.

Pixelrage, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  19. DPobserver

DPobserver Banned

Best Answers:
    I am reading on BANS forum that some people get ressurected from this ban as well.

20. FikseGTS

FikseGTS Peon

Best Answers:
    they were put back into the program already? seems too quick.... did they post a response from EPN?

FikseGTS, Aug 21, 2008 IP