What is meant precisely by "Traffic Exchanges" ??

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by tayiper, Jun 18, 2006.

Is for instance TrafficSwarm considered a Traffic Exchange and therefore not allowed (to promote my AdSense enabled site with it) ??

Basically, it's a service, where you surf other users' sites and get "credits" for that. Then your site is then dispayed to other users depending on the number of credits you get for this browsing.

Btw., one of my site's variants (the one without AdSense ads) is a "member" of the Bravenet Exchange service. So I am curious, is this a common Traffic Exchange service. Is this one normally meant with not being alowed ??

tayiper

tayiper, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  2. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's a traffic exchange as is autohits.dk.

ForgottenCreature, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  3. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    What Adsense means is any traffic you get that is not voluntary. Someone clicking on a banner to visit a site as a way of making money is not valid. Someone clicking on a banner to earn credits so his banner will be shown more often is not valid. Any traffic you get, no matter how small, where the visitor didn't come there voluntarily, but did it for reasons beyond interest in your site, is considered invalid traffic.

jackburton2006, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  4. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Jack, the big reason why banner exchanges are now passe!
    Now if everyone would just understand one thing, any traffic exchange is not a good place to put a site that has adsense.
    Found out, there are people who have nothing better to do than surf these exchanges just to report to google any sites they find with adsense.

Google adsense cops...just what we need on the net!

iowadawg, Jun 19, 2006 IP