1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Account Disabled?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Josh, Feb 16, 2005.

I just got the email every publisher dreads:

I wasn't aware of any odd behaivor, as the CTR was bellow 1%, so it wasn't abornamaly high, and it was relitvly low traffic (like less than 50 clicks a day).

I honestly have no idea what happened.. and so I replied:

Do I have any chance of my account being re enabled, or am I screwed?

Josh

Josh, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  2. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I don't know. Fraud clicks is one of the biggy no-nos, so your chances are slim, but you never know. Good Luck!

nevetS, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  3. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I know :(

I just don't see what happened.. the CTR was normal, no sudden click spikes.. it all seemed fine, I wasn't clicking my own ads (aside from the accidental 2 clicks, but that was weeks ago)..

Oh well.. I guess I will be forever banned to low-quality ad networks :(

Grrrrrr

Josh

Josh, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  4. mkeen

mkeen Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear about that, I too accidentally clicked on my own links, following the advice on this forum I sent google an email telling them I had done it (they probably allready knew anyway) and appologised, I even said it would be ok if they reset all my earnings to 0 (only had beer money in there anyway), google sent a reply basicly saying thanks for notifying them and recommended an adsense preview tool, they did not reset my stats or reverse the clicks (it was only a couple of very low income clicks anyway).

Google are fine about things like accidental clicks if you inform them before hand, sadly you didn't do this and its a shame that you had to lose your account due to this, If I was you I would keep replying to them untill you get a reply from a human rather than a cut and paste job, maybe you can get a sympathetic ear, afterall it was only a couple of clicks and im pretty sure they would know this from checking the logs.

I hope you get your account back.

Best Regards

mkeen, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  5. Fishing Forum

Fishing Forum Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all good luck

2 click will not get you banned , I too click by accident on an ad and sent an email straight off to them , reply no problems do not do it again

I think the way to go with the IP is good and you might stand a chance

Good luck and if your right then fight it as it your money they ow you

edit - its not one of your mates trying to be a mate and earn you some money with out you knowing ??

Fishing Forum, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  6. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Yes, too bad, sorry to hear that. I don't think you should take the stance of
    . Its really not about the money it's about your reinstatement...tell them to keep the dough and maintain your innocence. I, too, have clicked my own banners a few times in error. I noticed they simply discounted them in my account.

Good luck

Homer, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  7. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    remember my situation?

Check my topic if you need more advice.

G kept in contact with me, but didn't reveal any IPs to me, even upon my request..

david_sakh, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  8. jackburton

jackburton Peon

Best Answers:
    I've heard that getting back onboard is almost impossible. But if the earnings were that meager to begin with, why waste your time? I'd go another route. Find another affiliate/network and start again. Google is so big and has so many affilaites that I doubt if they'll care to "work with you" on your situation.

jackburton, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  9. mkeen

mkeen Peon

Best Answers:

Because its the best paying ads program around and its gonna be a pain for him in the future when his traffic increases and his potential earnings do also.

I really would persue it, if you email them enough and it really was only 2 clicks then I dont see any reason why google wouldnt re-instate the account.

Kind Regards

mkeen, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  10. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I know, thats why I dont think it was those two clicks, its possible that someone else was mass clicking them to get me in trouble, I dont know.

Oh well.. anyone know any good ad programs? :D

Josh

edit: Ya, I was kinda expecting the check.. Im running a large site thats a public resource more or less, and its using 2GB+ of bandwidth a day, and I was hoping to rent a dedicated for it.. looks like thats not gonna happen.

Josh, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  11. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a bit scary thinking that if you got on someone's wrong side, they could just go on ad-clicking spree on your website and close down your account.

I have only been with Adsense for a month, but I do have high hopes from the programme as my site gets busier. I would hate to be in your position Josh. I think you should email them and see if they can re-activate your account. Keep us updated too.

dfsweb, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  12. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I know, thats the screwy thing with their click fraud.

Whats to prevent me from clicking on digitalpoints ads 1000 times tonight? I bloody well think that would get his account investigated! And they don't want to listen to reason, they asume its the webmasters fault, etc.

I mean really, I could understand this if I had a sudden surge of clicks or something, but as of the last time I logged in (about three hours before it was canceled) everything was normal, if not a little low.

I just don't see why they couldn't remove any clicks they thought where false, and leave it at that. Maybe even send me a warning saying xxx.xxx.xxx IP has been showing suspicious bahaivor, you might want to not display Google ads to that IP or something.

Oh well.. I suppose I am just grasping at straws here.

I will let you all know if I get a reply back from the allmighty G.

Ah, while I am thinking about it, do you think this thing I wrote on my blog could be considered by Google as trying to get people to click on them? http://www.thejosher.com/archives/2005/02/14/i-havent-blogged-in-a-while/

Josh

Josh, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  13. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Josh,

I would go with your guess as well: someone (perhaps some competitors) was mass-clicking your ads trying to compromise your adsense acct. I would mention your in your (follow-up) email to adsense support.

I wish you luck. You never know.
    James

Liminal, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  14. iconrate

iconrate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't give up Josh. I had a similar thing happen, emailed google and got a response within a couple hours. The issue was resolved in less than 20 minutes after that...you just have to be understanding and hopefully they will as well.

iconrate, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Josh.. Let me ask this question:

Does this IP look at all familiar?

If it does let me know.. I think I found your problem :)

Mia, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  16. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that IP is familiar.. its the host I run/host my sites on.

Why?

Thanks for your support iconrate ;) I am still awaiting a response from Google.

Josh

Josh, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  17. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can not help but think there is more to this than 2 false clicks. I think most people who run adsense have clicked there own ads a couple of times by acident due to the amount of times you click on your website to check links etc.

I'm pretty sure I aint seen you mention any earnings on this forum so it can not be that?

l234244, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  18. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree with you.. if it was the two clicks I did, (those where weeks ago), it would have been canceled weeks ago.

No, I don't think I mentioned any earnings.. but even if I did, they said it was because of fraud clicks.. so..

Josh

Josh, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  19. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    one thing i learn. dont post site links running adsense on forums. someone may have a disagreement with you and sabotage your adsense for payback. (just a thought) :)

anyway goodluck. try other affiliates too. web earnings are not just about adsense.

melfan, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  20. rth

rth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Josh, is it possible that people are using your virtual browser and clicking ads on your sites? If they are using your site as a proxy and clicking ads, wouldn't it appear as they were all clicks from one IP even though it may be scores of different users actually clicking?

Roger

rth, Feb 17, 2005 IP