1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A question on ads being displayed on "non-content" pages ...

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by tayiper, Jun 17, 2006.

Hey all after some time ...

As first, here are the links to related pages on my home-site: http://users.volja.net/tayiper/index.html (the "index" page), http://users.volja.net/tayiper/pool.html (the "pool" page), http://users.volja.net/tayiper/script/pool-green.html (the "pool" related page 1), http://users.volja.net/tayiper/script/pool-yelow.html (the "pool" related page 2)

So as you can clearly see, there is no "real" content on all the linked pages. However, I am asking this question because I've send e-mails numerous times to "adsense-support@google.com", and they visited them many times, without saying anything about the "missing" content (well, not missing, but not enough content); in fact, I even asked them once in particular about the content back then (namely why there were no ads displayed, just a sort of "search box" to search through ads), and they replies just with a sort of "suggestion" to add some ...

Anyway, I am interested, is this a "serious" breaking of the TOS, do you recommend me to remove them (and what about Referrals buttons, should I remove them too) ??

thanks in advance, tayiper

tayiper, Jun 17, 2006 IP
  2. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    The first site is a no-no. It's just an entry page. You can't have Adsense on entry/welcome/exit pages. The second site has a poll, so that qualifies as content. I don't even know what your third site does. Is there a point to it? You're asking users to hold their mouse pointers over the text in the middle to see it change color? That's it? Same with the 4th page.

I know you're an Adsense newbie, so I can't blame you for being anxious and going overboard with the ads. You are basically slapping them on everything in sight, with no rhyme or reason. The more "questionable" things you do with your Adsense, the more chances of you getting caught for various TOS violation. Why do you want to risk it? Just put your Adsense ads on pages with OBVIOUS content and make money that way. Tens of thousands of people do it like that and make a good living at it. Don't throw away your account trying to "monetize" pointless pages with nothing on them. It's just not worth risking your account over.

jackburton2006, Jun 17, 2006 IP
  3. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK, thanks much for a very educative reply. Just one more thing: what about Referrals buttons (since they are not content-dependant) ??

tayiper

tayiper, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google has responded to many queries that their referral buttons should be treated the same as their Adsense ads. So whatever rules apply to the ads, applies to the referral button. The bottom line here is not to risk losing your account on pages that won't convert anyway, or for pennies a click. There will be times when you come up with a better site that will pay bunches, and you want to have your Adsense account when that day arrives.

jackburton2006, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  5. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK, I just removed them. But just one more thing: why have you said that on the "pool" page it is OK to have the ads ?? Are you totally sure ??

tayiper

tayiper, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  6. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well there's a poll on that page, so it's considered content. But is it even worth putting Adsense ads on it? Dunno. Are you getting any hits and clicks from it?

jackburton2006, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  7. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, just to let you all know. I've asked AdSense support that question too, and they responded: "You may display Google ads and referral buttons on both your "index" and "pool" pages. However, because there is very little content on both pages, you may not see relevant ads."

tayiper

tayiper, Jul 8, 2006 IP