1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Hate Everyone

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by lightless, Aug 1, 2008.

Ok, not really. :D

But there is so much hate and propaganda on the internet and our own p&r forum ;) that even a sane logical man develops illogical biases towards various races, religions and people.

Thoughts? possible Solutions?

lightless, Aug 1, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  2. damian.hoffman

damian.hoffman Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a truly sane and logical man would not let the hate and bigotry of others influence his opinions. That wouldn't be very logical. ;)

damian.hoffman, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  3. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, little drops make an ocean. The small doses of hate and violence pumped regularly into people's system will make them hateful sooner or later.

If not by joining the hateful, by fighting against the hateful. Hate is contagious whether you are the hateful one, or the one trying to make a stand against the hateful ones.

4. KingPin08

KingPin08 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hate all religions, cultures and colours.

That way you can't be accused of being racist or prejudice :D

KP

KingPin08, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  5. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    solution: kill all humans :D

but seriously stay away from the P&R forum

DomainMagnate, Aug 1, 2008 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  6. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are those who hate the entire human race around the internet/world as well. What do you call them. Anti-humanists?

7. damian.hoffman

damian.hoffman Peon

Best Answers:
    As an adult, it does not matter how much you are exposed to hate and violence (which on the internet can only be vicarious or implied), it is still a conscious choice to engage in the same yourself. You can make a stand against hate without succumbing to it yourself; just make reasoned, logical, unbiased arguments. Don't resort to personal attacks. Don't respond to anyone else's personal attacks - doing so acknowledges to the other person that it will get a response, and will only make it worse. Most of all, recognize that the reasoned arguments you make are not for the one you are arguing against (you will most likely never change their mind), but for others that may be reading your posts.

The complex mix of thoughts, beliefs, and emotions that exist in each individual, and more importantly the differences between individuals, makes hate inevitable and impossible to eradicate. The best you can hope for is to avoid it yourself, and to teach your children how to do the same.

8. lordadel

lordadel Active Member

Best Answers:
    i love peace
    peace man :)

lordadel, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  9. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That would be true for many people. But humans are not perfect and some will gradually succumb to hate and bigotry because they are exposed to so much of it.

10. damian.hoffman

damian.hoffman Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's a question of perfection. I am FAR from perfect, but I really don't have any hate in me...well, except for American insurance companies. But they deserve it. :D

You are correct though, some will most certainly succumb. Which is why I said the best you could hope for was not to do so yourself. ;)

11. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    People will say whatever they feel on the internet because they know they can hide behind a monitor. In fact, I'm confident that there are people who lurk around these forums that say things that they don't even actually agree with, just to get a response.

PHPGator, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  12. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Apart from protecting yourself and your family, how can one go about minimizing the ill effects of hate around you [Both physically and virtually]?

13. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I believe hate is a normal human emotion, but if you do not channel it properly, it can destroy you. If you can channel it, and direct it towards a positive end or a goal, it can give you an incredible energy to make a difference. It is better to feel hate or feel love, than not to feel. IMO

Rebecca, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  14. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There just isnt enough unselfish, loving intentions in this world to make up for what all the world leaders are doing. We need to care for each otehr just for teh sake of caring for each other. THis is the only way we can make the world a better place.

pingpong123, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  15. Chuman

Chuman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can hate others only if you hate yourself :) and I think nobody hates oneself :)

Chuman, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  16. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I think the potential for hate exists in all of us, and I think the world cannot afford a future of simply succumbing to this very primordial siren's call.

I know for myself, something that has helped me to listen to John Donne's words from 1624 - "each man's death diminishes me, for I am involved in mankind" - is to acknowledge to myself that everyone once had a mother, and a father, and everyone was therefore born into the world with the same wide eyes seeking love and beauty. Whether John Locke's (and others') notion of a tabula rasa, or Rousseau's contention that we are born to this world intrinsically seeking good, I do not believe we enter this world, do not enter, each of us, a state of "thrownness," seeking anger, pain, hate.

It has helped me - though I fail, all the time, as evidenced by my sometime-behavior on this forum alone - to turn anger and hate into compassion.

northpointaiki, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  17. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen "hateful"[Some may term it playful, but the same thing in adults is caused usually by hate] behaviour in little children, such as snatching things from other children and attacking-causing pain to others "willingly" and such.
    Hate may be just as natural as love, so is suppressing hate possible without cultivating your mind, refinement, a degree of willpower and intellectual growth? Or is love the natural phenomenon/reaction and hate an artificial one?

lightless, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  18. esidyo

esidyo Peon

Best Answers:
    If there is no religion :D Then there wont be any hatred ;)

esidyo, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  19. im_savage_rawr

im_savage_rawr Peon

Best Answers:
    Religion is the cause of both peace and destruction

im_savage_rawr, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  20. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    I've decided that the solution is to not post in here, or do so very little. The problem, from my experience, is that if you take certain positions you'll be attacked personally and then you'll likely end up attacking back, at least that's true in my case. Best thing to do is just not participate.

LogicFlux, Aug 3, 2008 IP