1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

anthonycea no good

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Like I used to say to the Mexican's on the construction crew I worked on in a past life when we had some bad tools "NO GOOD" you see they could understand that, one of the few English terms they knew.

Now I looked at the rep you guy's voted for me a -42 hey what kind of bad reputation are you guys trying to give me.

This is not right, even Shawn has turned against me.

I guess I will have to leave soon, since no one likes me here.

Like VS said, I will have to start my own chat chat box.

If you guy's don't increase my rep. votes to the positive, I will have to take my show down the road if Shawn doesn't ban me before I hit the road.

So let's get these positive votes in for me quick, I ain't "NO GOOD" am I?

Where is Compar at when you need him?

Shawn, what is this "no live link permission stuff, I can't work under those conditions, I am going to go on strike. :eek: :eek:

anthonycea, Jun 3, 2004 IP
    Cricket, Twan and Blogmaster like this.
  2. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Anthony,

I didn't vote for or against you. I guess you are just the author of your own fate.

I think this is a very tolerant forum. They put up with mee. they must be tolerant.

Best of luck. I'll miss you.

compar, Jun 3, 2004 IP
    stoner3221 likes this.
  3. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    No votes from me either...looks like others have spoken out though :)

GuyFromChicago, Jun 3, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Generally, I'll vote good or bad for a particular post. I don't vote specific to any one user. Some users have gotten good reputation from me, and also bad.

But either way, no one can vote you "out" of the forum, so not sure what you mean exactly.

I don't agree with most of what you say, but sometimes it is mildly entertaining to read. :)

digitalpoint, Jun 3, 2004 IP
  5. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    -42 is alot though! At school we used to give out wooden spoons. Do you have a list of users with the highest/lowest points?

misohoni, Jun 3, 2004 IP
  6. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    How do u find the reputation stats??

payoutwindow, Jun 4, 2004 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the vote of almost confidence Shawn, what I was saying is that you are starting to believe the propaganda that the other side (Google spies) are delivering.

What is this that I seen, no permissions for live links.

This "ASPEN" the moderator (GOOGLE PROPAGANDIST) at Sitepoint gave the shallow excuse that I was banned for self promotion, that is just one of his lies, since if you look at ASPENS signature he promotes about 25 sites on each one of his posts.

He has so many sites in his signature that the guy has to put numbers on them instead of the sites name.

So he has so many lies to tell.... well I won't go into that since it would take 5 threads to list them all.

The reason the guy banned me, if anyone wants the truth, is this:

He is a preacher for Google, he thought I was undermining everything that he has preached (google propaganda) for the last 5 years at Sitepoint.

Most of my threads at SITEPOINT got a lot of attention and he seen that also, he did not want the message getting out about his "masters" GOOGLE.

So don't let the deceivers and their agents on the forum circuit (BLUE ICE) (ASPEN) get you to believe what they say in thier cover ups for Google.

Like I told "ASPEN" you can not keep the Sun from rising, nor can you keep the truth about Google from the public.

http://www.websitepublisher.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1671

See "ASPENS" self promotion signature in the above thread on his own "CENSORSHIP FORUM" in the above link. He has nerve for claiming that anyone could self promote.

In addition, he censored the thread that was put up by another member, ON SITEPOINT on "ASPENS" induction as the original member of "THE GOOGLE SPY HALL OF FAME"

I hope that "ASPEN" will stop by Digital Point to explain all of his actions and cover ups, but I doubt that he has the courage to defend himself and his silly censorship.

anthonycea, Jun 4, 2004 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, I don't need people to think for me, I have the ability to think for myself based on my own experiences.

Read this:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/faq.php?faq=signatures

digitalpoint, Jun 4, 2004 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    So what I see is a conspiracy against Anthony Cea by members, not Shawn at Digital Point, do you think that the voting is fair Shawn? Since the only folks that will take time to vote are those who are disgruntled?

Anyone that is happy will never even vote, so the system is stacked in favor of those who want to ban someone, sort of like the PM to moderators that Zoolander and SEOam did to me at SEOCHAT, you can ask some of those moderators over there why they co-operated with that?

I think we all know who they are, but I won't make it public since they are members here also.

Who really cares, some folks just can not stand facts and truth and want to live in a fairy tale world.

Good for them, if they believe fabrications and lies over current events, let them be left behind.

iceblue likes this.
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think it's a conspiracy against you. The reputation system is setup to prevent stacking votes against a single user.

You can find the details about it by clicking here.

But to sum it up, only people with 50 or more posts can affect others reputation, and even then they can only affect it by one point in either direction.

There is a user spread of 20 set within the system. Which means someone cannot alter the same user's reputation unless they alter 20 other user's reputation.

There is a cap of being able to alter reputation for a maximum of 10 users per day.

Surely you don't think it's a conspiracy against you? I can't think of a more democratic way of doing it myself.

11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Shawn sometimes I wonder if you even read my posts?

I said that the only one's who will take time to vote are those who are pissed off.

If 90% of the internet users and webmasters are Blindly in love with Google and Page Rank and someone comes along saying that "PAGE RANK IS HYPE"
    or "GOOGLE ARE A BUNCH MONEY LOVERS WHO DO NOT CARE FOR THE SMALL WEBMASTER" that is going to piss off those 90% who are still blindly in love with Google.

That is what is unfair, do you think it is unfair since some members at SEOchat could not really come up with answers to my questions and put up a defense for their postions to start a rally to send moderators PM to get me banned.

Is that fair on a "so called open forum"?

scylla likes this.
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My point was that a single user is not able to affect your reputation much (not a conspiracy against you).

As far as people only voting that are "pissed", I just checked the reputation system, and 81% of all reputation given on this forum has been positive and 19% negative.

It doesn't matter how low your reputation goes, the system does not censor you, since that seems to ultimately be what you are worried about in life.

Also, not really sure what someone banning you on another forum has anything to do with anything here?

13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    It is a small world (the forum circuit) so everyone knows everything that is said here or over there.

I am not saying your software is good or bad, what I am saying, is that in my case, the only folks that voted are those who voted nay.

Lets look at those positives and negatives if you wish to explore my point here and put this to bed... :eek:

Dondon2d likes this.
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's the point of the system, it's democratic... based on other users. Not based on moderators or administrators that secretly work for Google or are trying to censor you.

*How* people vote, that's completely up to them. But to say it's unfair and biased because you mostly receive negative reputation is basically wrong. And the claim that only "pissed" people vote is wrong as well (as you can see from the stats I pulled previously).

Bottom line is you could have a reputation of -10,000, and the system is not going to censor you from anything you have to say or ban you.

Just like an elected office, the user reputation system is based on votes by the "people". Gallagher received 4,862 votes to become governor of California, while Schwarzenegger received 3,700,000 votes. I have not seen him saying the voting system is unfair.

As far as this being a "so called open forum", it actually sounds to me like you want it to be more of a closed forum. You don't want other public users being able to vote on other user's reputation? It sounds like a form of censorship to me to take it away.

15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    No Shawn, you did not answer my question, please post it for us, I am for a open forum.

Can you show me, that other than my own vote for myself, how the percentages were on my rep. votes.

Let the world know, please. If it comes out 99 to 1 let us all see the truth.

16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, you can't vote for reputation on yourself, so any positives would not have come from you. Either way, right now you have 138 votes (55 negative, 2 positive and 81 neutral [logged, but does not affect your reputation because they didn't have at least 50 posts]).

17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    So Shawn, I was right, members can send PM's to each other in a voting campaign to blacklist others, same thing that happened at SEOchat when babies conspired to get me banned.

When are you going to add a spell checker?

Based on what you show me Shawn, I am correct, the only ones that voted were members that I pissed off because my website talked about Google misdeeds.

18. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, the reputation system cannot get anyone banned or blacklisted. Trust me, there is no covert conspiracy campaign against you. It's a free/open forum, people are able to speak their mind and think for themselves. If you don't like what people think, I'm not sure what to tell you, but I'm not going to censor them (just like I don't censor you).

Never, when are you going to buy a dictionary? :)

Possibly, but it's their right to not agree with you. Either way, an individual user cannot do much to alter it anyway. The reputation system is nothing more than a popularity contest (like any vote for a person). If you loose that vote, it doesn't mean there is a giant underground conspiracy against the looser though.

19. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    That's not true, I have voted postively for people. Actually, you're the only person I've voted negatively for. I give positive votes to people that post helpful and useful info, negative votes to people that post information that has nothing to do with SEO (This IS an SEO forum, not a conspiracy theory forum).

;)

ViciousSummer, Jun 4, 2004 IP
  20. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    So you are admitting being the ring leader of the anti Anthony Cea conspiracy VS?

I knew it was you all along, but I still like you, no like sweet little Tony B.

This is General Chat, VS, I hate to break the bad news to you.

Remember, I still love you... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.