1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[eBay] Ringtone website for sale - $12k/Month!

Discussion in 'Sites' started by tdnetworks, Jun 14, 2006.

My friend is selling his Ringtone website on eBay and I figured i'll post it up on here incase anyone was interested in it. The bid is really low now but i'm not sure if it will stay like that.

The website

tdnetworks, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  2. webviz

webviz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Like anyone will have enough money to buy that. It will for sure cost more then $80,000 USD. You would have to be an idiot to sell a website which makes $13,000 USD monthly for anything less. Is this why your rep is red? :p

And there is no URL to the website.

webviz, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  3. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    well it's not a website, more an affiliate business

you'll need to know adwords big time - out of the $13000 you need to deduct your adwords expenses

leeds1, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  4. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    >>Like anyone will have enough money to buy that.

No website has ever sold for that much!

>>And there is no URL to the website.

It is more like a keyword list and ad file. Here, I'll save you 80 grand.

TheHoff, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  5. tdnetworks

tdnetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well some people on here do have money like myself so you can't say anyone would have enough money to buy that - plus I doubt it will go to 80k. Just because these websites on this forum sell for 8x earnings and up dosen't mean every website does.

As far as being an idiot to sell a website making 13k for anything less... I don't think so. The website seems completly based off of paid search engine traffic and will take no time to do it all over again. If the website had a bunch of natrual traffic and content that would be a different story.

If you read the auction details you will find the link to the site by the way... and my rep is red because of people that assume I don't know what i'm talking about when I really do.

6. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is the site. You would think with all that cash he could pay $5 for a domain.

This is the biggest load of shit I have read this week. This website is an affiliate site that you could make money on with no problems. But if you are relying on PPC for traffic then why not just make your own site rather than buy this one?

mad4, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  7. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    lmao...

What a pile of crap :D

Good luck selling it :rolleyes:

fryman, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  8. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The problem is when you spend that much cash on a website THEN have to invest in adwords on top of that and wait a month or 2 for your first adsense check you start out so far in the hole it's just not worth it.

Say the site sells for $80k. You spend $5k a month adwords with $13k revenue.

By the end of the year your total debt is $80k + $60k =$140,000 and you've only made $96k. And that's after a whole year of plugging away at it, meantime hoping the market doesn't dry up before you at least make your money back...

GeorgeB., Jun 14, 2006 IP
  9. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't think you need to worry about the redness of your reps face as much as you need to worry about the color of the faces of all the customers he's scamming with his rediculous web-site.

Not a single one of those sites has free ringtones. Not a single one. All of them automatically sign people up for "subscriptions."

The scam is that the ringtone is technically free. You're paying for the "subscription" that's nearly impossible to get out of. I had t-mobile blacklist DadaMobile from my phone for pulling that crap and had all the charges reversed. Unfortunatly they probably only do that on a number by number basis. But since Dada changed their name to get around the blacklist I'm guessing a lot of people are requesting it.

Check the link in my sig for a free ringtone site that's actually free. Maybe your idiot rep will learn something about what "free" means.

And no one believes that's actually his Bentley. There's a reason he's not in the picture.

Here's proof that I'm a gazillionaire!

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze79nap/...lderpictures/.pond/saleens71.jpg.w300h197.jpg

KalvinB, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  10. tdnetworks

tdnetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Whoah... before everyone starts bashing me, the site isn't mine and i'm not the person selling it! Geez... you guys here at DP are so quick to bash someone.

11. tdnetworks

tdnetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

That is true but if the website only sells for $10k you will come out on top with a 26k profit... looking at the auction now I highly doubt it will go to 80k.

12. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "you guys here at DP are so quick to bash someone"

When you're pushing a scam web-site then yeah, you're probably not going to get the best response. I'm criticizing the web-site for being a blatent scam and I'm somewhat critical of you for pushing it.

The product isn't the ringtones. The product is the web-site. The only way you're going to make money is by turning around and reselling the site for a larger amount using the same BS your friend is.

KalvinB, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  13. boston

boston Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree. Here's the part I have a problem with- paying for 3 clicks at $1.25/each would mean that you're paying $3.75. Then the ad ASSUMES you'll get 1 in 3 clicks to convert for the $12. I don't think so.
    In reality most conversion rates are 2-3%.
    At that rate, 1 in 50 clicks. Or $62 for the conversion with an return of $12, so you're at -$50.
    These are conservative figures, I'm sure you could tweak them, but really, it's overly optimistic to think you could easily pull 33% conversation rate.

boston, Jun 15, 2006 IP
    dotcomguy likes this.
  14. tdnetworks

tdnetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree that it is very optimistic to think that you could easily pull 33% conversation rate but some people do it. If not you could always grab up unique keywords that have a bid price of $0.15 / click and you could get 25 clicks using the same $3.75. 1 in 25 looks much better than 1 in 3.

tdnetworks, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  15. nufcfan

nufcfan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i agree here here .....lol

nufcfan, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  16. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Now I'm really confused. What exactly am I paying for?

Does this web-site have a large existing loyal user base? No.

Does this web-site have a unique yet worthwhile domain name? No.

Does the web-site have a lot of unique and informative content that brings in lots of visitors? No.

In fact, if I were to buy this web-site as is and failed to join all the affiliates and update the code, all the affiliate money would go to the original owner.

So for over $1000 you get a web-site you could have made yourself for free or at a significantly lower cost. It doesn't cost $1000 to create a one page site.

You could have then used all that money you saved to pay for AdWords.

I'm failing to see how this web-site is worth so much money. In fact. I'm failing to see how it's worth any money at all.

The original owner of the site will no doubt keep selling this "web-site" (variations of it) as long as people keep buying it.

KalvinB, Jun 16, 2006 IP
  17. elklabone

elklabone Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Gotta love digital point forums!

I always feel better about buying sites on DP because I know that there are a lot of smart people keeping an eye on things. I don't think I've ever seen a thread where someone was "bashed"... good debate and constructive criticism, yes! :rolleyes:

elklabone, Jun 16, 2006 IP
  18. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    another interesting tidbit is that this is a private listing so all the identities of the bidders are hidden.

I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the people bidding work for this guy.

KalvinB, Jun 16, 2006 IP
  19. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    homeloans1, Jun 16, 2006 IP
  20. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers: