1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SMF, hide members email address by default

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by ~kev~, Jul 26, 2008.

SMF shows members emails on their profiles by default. How do I disable this so the email is hidden from other members?

In other words, when a member registers, the "Hide email address from public?" box should already have a check in it.

And just "why" the SMF designers made the email address visible by default I do not know.

~kev~, Jul 26, 2008 IP
    N_F_S likes this.
  2. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never mind, I found it.

Regardless of what theme you are using, the changes have to be made in the default template.

http://webhostingreality.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-hide-email-from-public-view-in.html

It seems kinda silly that the SMF developers could not make this a default setting? Or at least provide a check box in the admin control panel. Its been almost 2 years since I have set up a SMF forum and I remember having this same problem back then, but I could not remember how I fixed it.

I just wonder why the designers of SMF have not fixed this problem.

~kev~, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  3. theblogger

theblogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this information, I myself was looking for this for 2-3 days now. I disabled profile view temporarily due to this. Thanks again

theblogger, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  4. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    nice one, thanks.

N_F_S, Aug 23, 2008 IP