1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any good CPM programs?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Josh, Feb 7, 2005.

Well.. I have a few sites that, because of their nature don't have good CTR. I mean litterally I have 10,000+ impressions today, and only about 10 clicks. I am almost positive I could be making more if I was using a CPM program, but I don't know any good ones to try. So, any recomindations are welcome :)

It would have to be a good 40 cents+ CPM to be worth more than adsense atm.

Josh

Josh, Feb 7, 2005 IP
  2. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    With that kind of traffic, you might want to try TribalFusion.com. I've used them for about a year now. CPM for leaderboards and skyscrapers seems to fluctuate between $1.00 - $1.40. Which I earn somewhere around 55% of that I think. So that would equate to a range of 55-75 cents CPM. Worth a shot.

They also offer popups/popunders/interstituals and all that for much higher CPMs.

Good luck.

my3cents, Feb 8, 2005 IP
  3. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What about fastclick ?
    They pay around $1 CPM.

Tuning, Feb 8, 2005 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Uh, are you guys sure about that? I've never seen a network paying more than 50 cents CPM.

And if you do find a better paying one, you wouldend up with loads of defaults, it would just cost them too much to keep up with that rate.

It really depends on what your site is about. I have an entertainment site and I get CPM of about 23 cents.

Fastclick and Casalemedia are only for big sites, and they are hard to get into. If oyu have any problems with them, try out budsinc.com, I use them and they are quite good. (but you might need to put up their code in an iframe, since it lags the hell out of your site)

fryman, Feb 8, 2005 IP
  5. fromkhun

fromkhun Guest

Best Answers:
    fastclick and TribalFusion is the best cpm network, I think

fromkhun, Feb 8, 2005 IP
  6. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know most people (including me) hate pop ups and pop unders. But, you could sell page views to http://www.servetraffic.com.

They pay between 50 and 80 cents per 1000 page views. This is better than PPC ad programs, as you don't have to worry about CTR as the pop unders automatically open.

BUT, this will work for you only if:
    1. You don't have a lot of repeat traffic, as it is quite easy to p*** people off by opening pop unders.
    2. You are mainly money oriented and don't really care if people get bugged by the pop unders.
    3. You could use this in combination with other affiliate programmes, to get extra guaranteed income.

I have started using these guys since yesterday, only I am buying traffic rather than selling it.

dfsweb, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  7. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya, Id like to stick to banners if at all possible.. I use firefox, so I dont get any popups, and a majority of my users use it too, so my impressions will be low.

Josh

Josh, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  8. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    They claim that their pop unders are not blocked by major pop up blockers. I am not sure how Firefox works, but they have a demo pop under on their site which wasn't blocked by my Google toolbar.

I just thought that you might be able to use all that traffic to make some extra cash, but if Firefox blocks that pop under then there won't be much point in joining up, you're right.

dfsweb, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  9. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, it is cool how they do it, its whenever you click a link.. and so they AREN'T blocked in Firefox.. I might just try this on some of my sites not making mutch with adsense (www.thevirtualbrowser.com and www.smileyville.com), and see how long it is till I get complaints ;)

Josh

Josh, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  10. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't do it, everyone hates them and the sites that serve them.

exam, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  11. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. That's the exact thing I said earlier. I personally would never use it, but Josh has a CTR of 0.001% which is incredibly low! Most people can achieve CTRs of 0.5 - 1% and higher. There is no way you will survive with a CTR of 0.001%.

But, he is getting a lot of traffic to the site that's going waste at the moment. He might as well upset a few people and make some money, then make them all happy and go in a loss. Just my way of thinking!

dfsweb, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  12. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I'm not totally opposed, I just think there can be a better solution. Maybe Josh can work on his content, ad placement/colors and services that he provides to the users to increase his CTR, in addition to adding some CPM banners/towers. JMO.

exam, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  13. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Josh, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  14. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    smileyville:
    I would make adsense ads stand out more. Maybe some thing like this(attached below), and try putting it down a little lower right before the first smily. Make the adsense special, a featured item for your visitors.

virtualbrowser:
    Put a halfbanner to the right of the form you include on the browsed page instead of at the bottom.

Edit: That's pretty nefarious, that you strip the adsense out of the pages being browsed with your virtual browser, and then add your adsense at the bottom [sarcasm]Why don't you just replace their pub id with yours? [/sarcasm]

Attached Files:

• g.jpg
      g.jpg
      File size:
      5.2 KB
      Views:
    exam, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  15. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've had a quick look at your sites and this is what I think:

Virtual: I think the design is quite good on this site and the adsense ads' colours etc are pretty good and tie in well with the design .... but stand out at the same time. All you need to do is give them a better spot than the bottom of the page. Why don't you move both the ads to the top for a couple of weeks. measure the CTR and see if it makes a difference. I reckon it will.

Smiley: I think the colours (overall) are a bit too dull IMO, especially for a site containing smileys. Don't you think vibrant colours would be more appropriate for your theme?
    Getting back to CTR, I think you need to make the adsense ads on this site stand out a bit more. Brighter colours, I say. Try it for a couple of weeks and see if it works. :)

For the number of visitors you get, you can easily experiment with a few different arrangement. Try 4 different combinations that you think will work, for a week each and see which combo gives you the best CTR.

dfsweb, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  16. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Grrr,I cant get any CPM network to accept me.

The only one so far is mamma.com, but I am only get 15 cents CPM.. which actually is better than adsense atm, so we shall see :)

Josh

Josh, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  17. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    CPM: IMO anything under $1 - $1.50 is a waste of time. You need to get that CPM up mate!

dfsweb, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  18. kc3

kc3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that $0.50 to $0.80 per 1,000 page views or is that per 1,000 unique visitors?

kc3, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  19. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is page views, not visitors.

Please do note that I am using their services for "receiving traffic" to my site, but not as a webmaster. So, you will pretty much need to register and see if it works for you.

I am getting a bit of traffic to my site that I could make money off. But, I am personally against pop-ups or pop-unders of any kind. I simply suggested it to Josh as a "drastic measure"!

Do let us know if you try it out and if it works for you. :)

dfsweb, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  20. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Well.. right now I am messing around with the ad placement for adsense, and trying to see if I can get my CTR up a bit.

The popups are actually working pretty well, my traffic hasnt decreased at all, and I am getting tons of impressions on them.

I dont really like mamma ads ;) $0.14 CPM just isn't worth it in my eyes.. Id be better off with just a seccond adsense box.

Oh, and the rates for the popups are $0.80 CPM for US traffic, and $0.50 for international. Which is decent.. and since they are popunders, they aren't to obtrusive I dont think.

Josh

Josh, Feb 12, 2005 IP