1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Adwords Help Your Organic SEO ranking?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by You_Yap, Jul 7, 2008.

i see evidence that my site is going up later because i am using adwords.
    have anyone experience this and can give me more insight on it?

You_Yap, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  2. Surf_Dude

Surf_Dude Peon

Best Answers:
    The official answer is no. There is a alleged "brick wall" between search and advertising.
    But, if you revert to logic, I suspect that the answer might be yes.
    Google controls SERPs. Google controls Adwords.
    Will Google make more money by raising pages in the SERPs that use Adwords?
    Yes.

Do not accuse me of a "conspiracy theory", when in fact, we are talking about simple logic. Maximizing profits is Google's reason for existance. If you believe otherwise, well, what can I say?

Surf_Dude, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  3. mtime88

mtime88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrong. Google would make more money if they lowered the SERPs of adwords sites. If you have high SERPs then there is no point in the adwords service.

mtime88, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  4. Surf_Dude

Surf_Dude Peon

Best Answers:
    I can understand lowering your place in the SERPs, BEFORE you have bought Adwords. The "Florida update" of November 2003 is the quintessential, highly documented proof of that.

But afterwards, why not raise you up, so that those same Adwords can get more clicks? Why on earth, would they lower your SERPs, AFTER you have bought in? I'm afraid we must agree to disagree.

I keep trying to think of what Google would do, logically, in any situation, since their corporate mantra is to maximize profits for shareholders. In general, I think they would make (or take, if you are British) that decision which resulted in the greatest quarterly profits, because that is what they are expected to do. It's their job.

5. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

lol. you confusing yourself. What are you trying to say? If you can clarify that once again.

According to your theory, google wants to make more money. Now for example you have a site ranked on 3rd page for a keyword lets take an example: "Herbal shampoo"

now you got into adwords and started bidding for "herbal shampoo". Now you are saying this will affect your google SERP ranking by improving your SERPs?

Now imagine if your SERPs improves and you are now in Top5, would u bother to bid on that keyword? if at all bid, will you pay the same CPC? NO. So Google then make more money by giving your higher SERPs which is FREE or loosing money? Think again.

Use common sense + logic.

Anyways i personally dont believe in this theory at all. Google is totally transparent to adwords and SERPs. This theory doesnt make any sense to me.

godmode, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  6. Surf_Dude

Surf_Dude Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. Possibly.
    I am saying that it would not be illogical to seek more clicks for those Adwords ads, by increasing SERP position, because each extra click transaction represents G getting more money.

Nobody said "Top 5". Just better SERP position.
    Also, many times, I have seen the top ad on the page, just above the top result, and they are the same. So high SERP position does not always inhibit adwords buying. There are lots of search terms to rank for, and to pay for.

7. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i'm even more confused here. how can increasing SERP position make google money per click? G will make more money if the site in question dosn't even appear in SERP and only on sponsored result.

however, to make long story short, adwords doesn't have any relation or impact on SERP ranking. if it did, then everyone would just buy adwords ads to increase SERp position and then there would be no such thing called organic results anymore

sultanofseo, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  8. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    Big NO.. adwords has nothing to do with PR..it's not even considered as organic..

silveraden, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  9. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    IMO, its just your luck.
    They are independent.

Abhik, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  10. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    haha. Sorry but i gave up on this.

godmode, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  11. turnerlittle

turnerlittle Guest

Best Answers:
    No need to add confusion to the matter, Surf Dude! I see your logic, but as Abhik so concisely put it, they are independent.

turnerlittle, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  12. geekology

geekology Active Member

Best Answers:
    As godmode and others pointed out, it is pretty obvious. Seems Surf_Dude means something else by SERPS... Would you mind sharing what you understand by SERPS?

yes there is no connection between the two and if there were really any connection any new start up with deep pockets can be on the front page of G in no time....

btw I have been following Big G from close quarters...and i am yet to see any evil practice from them... probably they follow their slogan "Don't be evil" in spirit ... the biggest example of this was when they reduced the clickable area of adsense ads(to maximize adwords advertisers ROI) ... I am sure when they did that they lost a fair amount of revenue... as was evident from the statement given by the owner of plentyoffish.com and other biggies of adsense.

geekology, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  13. ProDryers

ProDryers Peon

Best Answers:

What about the Google checkout users. They get a HUGE eye drawing icon next to their ad while I pay higher per click prices at a disadvantage. Fair? Not from my point of view. I say that is pretty evil. The Google checkout ads should have higher prices attached to them, otherwise, it is just something that Google allows to bennefit Google.

Why would Google not want to do everything in their power to help make a spending company successful so they spend more? I have noticed my SEO rankings increase significantly as I pumped more money into Google Adwords. The second I lower my budget and decrease my links across content sites, I was expecting to drop in SEO rankings. And I did as expected. So how is this explained? I went from page 2 to page 6 for "hand dryers" overnight. I owned page 2 for months. I'm talking the very next day after my budget was lowerd significantly, my rankings were dropped 4 pages.

So whatever the explanation, my story still stands. This has been a normal pattern I have noticed.

Now people may chime in and tell me some tips on how to improve, hey very appreciated, thx in advance. However, the topic at hand is the theory of a possible relationship between SEO and adwords on Google. I won't rule it out. Maybe if I went form page 2 to 3, but 6 overnight right after the move I made that I knew would cause my drop?

http://www.ProDryers.com

ProDryers, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  14. iwillguide

iwillguide Peon

Best Answers:
    i also noticed increasing page for my sites after i used adwords..may be reason that we getting back link in adwords ..

iwillguide, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  15. java118

java118 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a common question and the answer is no, your PPC listings will not affect natural search rankings.

java118, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  16. janspter43

janspter43 Peon

Best Answers:
    Only quality backlinks help you get high SERP and traffic.

janspter43, Nov 6, 2009 IP