1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Deal with the Proxy Traffic Dip

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Glen, Jun 24, 2008.

Preparing for the Summer with Your Proxies

I thought it would be a good idea to put together a seperate thread to help people deal with the summer dip that their proxies might receive in terms of traffic and hopefully help keep people afloat.

This is a hard time of year as many students in the UK and US (most active proxy users) are on holidays or at home and don't need to use a proxy at school / college.

Hopefully you've kept some of your profits to keep up server costs, or maybe you can:

Downgrade Server - If you are lucky there may be a plan with your current host where you can downgrade your server for a few months as you will be using less resources.

This should save you money until the traffic picks up again.

Build More Proxies - Although traffic is generally down it hasn't completely disappeared so there may be some keywords and marketshare to still capitalise on by building more sites.

Make sure there is some search volume and little competition for this though if you are trying to make some quick bucks.

Start up other sites - The summer can give you a chance to work on other websites you haven't had time to work on before as you may have been busy with your proxies.

Look at other niches' like:

- Starting a blog
    - Starting an image host
    - Creating & selling an ebook
    - Starting a forum

Anything else that you've wanted to do, you may have the chance to do it now.

Ride the Slump - Hopefully you might be in a position where you can actually just ride the slump and wait till traffic picks up and accept the loss. I've done this in the past and worked on building up backlinks in this time so when the traffic is back my search engine rankings are up.

Sell them - It is a fact that you will get less money than you could in high traffic season but there is the potential to make some money by selling your proxies at this time. There will be some webmasters looking to make a deal who are willing to wait till the summer months are over

Please feel free to share your tips as well, this is unique and I just wrote this for digitalpoint and won't post it anywhere else, happy to help people out :)

Glen, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  2. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that Glen hope it helps some proxy owners i have another strategy i am currently implementing and experimenting with.

Search engine optimisation for proxy sites

The task i have set myself is to SEO my proxy site for 4-5 keywords that i have chosen through keyword research and in 3 months from next week i will be recording my progression, rankings and traffic from search engines. The guide also goes through keyword research and choosing the correct keywords and how to SEO a proxy site which will also include some video tutorials for people that may not be as experienced doing SEO. The idea is that lots of people do not contemplate SEO for proxy sites and instead rely mainly on their own advertising campaigns i feel that you can rely more on search engine traffic after you have spent a bit of time optimising the site.

The guide i am currently writing is focused on what to do with a proxy over summer and i think this is one of the best ideas.

Just thought it could be another idea of what to do with your proxy site over summer.
    Hope you do not mind me adding this, i did not add my website because i dont want people thinking i am trying to advertise my site.

willyboy104, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  3. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you could contribute some ideas here to help people rather than advertise what you are going to offer in the future?

Glen, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  4. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    huh? i am not advertising anything mate...not sure why your so rude in your response, i was just suggesting to people that they could perform SEO on their proxy sites rather than just waste the time letting them sit there and get little traffic.
    I have said clearly that i am not putting my websites url in the post so it does not look like i am advertising i also PMed you to see if it was ok for me to put this thread up you did not respond to my PM.

I am now not going to edit it, to be honest i dont see why i should.

5. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    I wasn't rude, simply suggesting that you offer something to the readers of the site than tell us what you are going to write about in the future.

I'm sure your guide is going to offer great info, share some 'summer' tips that you are doing to include...:confused:

Glen, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  6. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    I thought thats what i did, the first 2 parts of the guide are already available however i did not want to post to them as i did not want to steal your light, so to speak.

The post was a suggestion "search engine optimisation on a proxy site" that was my suggestion, i went in to the details to explain that many people never really consider this a strategy to put in place. Because proxy sites come and go so quickly however i know from experience that with a decent proxy script and a bit of SEO knowledge you can keep a stable amount of traffic coming to your proxy site for a year easily. The idea of SEO on a proxy site means that you no longer would need to advertise your proxy site or spend as much money advertising it at least, you would always have a daily amount of traffic that comes to your website, which would be easy to estimate.

7. sophiya

sophiya Guest

Best Answers:
    how we find the proxy site

sophiya, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  8. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    Erm, if you are talking about how you find the proxy guide on SEO for a proxy site you can find it here:
    http://www.back-links.org/Search-engine-optimization-for-a-proxy-site.php

If you are talking about how you would find the proxy site in general usually via search engines, thats what SEO is search engine optimisation.

If you want to know the address of the proxy site i am performing SEO on its www.proxiesdaily.com however it will be up and running in a few hours, doing some video tutorials first.

Hope this answers your question, sorry the question was a bit vague.

Will.

9. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Tweak your proxy script to the meet user requirement

mentos, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  10. urbt

urbt Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Glen for the great article... will be taking your advice on building other sites (other flooded niches, here I come!)

urbt, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  11. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad you liked it, good luck and let me know if I can help in anyway :)

Glen, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  12. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    you can use PPC to promote

narsticle, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  13. tommygswfc

tommygswfc Peon

Best Answers:
    This is going to be expensive though, and even only targetting UK/US traffic you are unlikley to make a profit from your initial investment.

Im going to ride the storm out, my traffic thus far is still holding steady, not bad considering lots of people are already off.
    My hosting isnt too expensive so i still expect to make a profit over the summer, just a reduced one.
    :)

tommygswfc, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  14. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    Good news that you are riding the wave, I hope things work out well for you :)

Glen, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  15. prxylearner

prxylearner Banned

Best Answers:
    i have started an adult site

prxylearner, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  16. tomlakqua

tomlakqua Peon

Best Answers:
    I have nothing new to contribute, but this will be my first summer with proxies and I am already seeing that traffic dip. Thanks for those tips!

tomlakqua, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  17. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting choice, good luck with it!

Glad I could help

Glen, Jun 27, 2008 IP