1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Awstats showing incorrect pageviews!

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by lip9000, Jun 21, 2008.

All this time I thought my site was gettin 200,000+ page views a day, when it turns out that it is only around 35,000 page views according to Google Analytics and SiteMeter. I thought something was strange when I was running CPM ads, about 3 ads per page, thinking I was going to get over 500,000 impressions a day, and then I only got about 40-50,000 impressions a day.

[​IMG]

I know the visitors, hits and bandwidth is correct. Pages does mean Page Views doesn't it?? Unless it refers to something else and Awstats does not show page views at all?

Is this the same for anyone else? Or is the awstats on my server just configured incorrectly?

lip9000, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  2. gostats

gostats Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you think it's reasonable that people are viewing on average 80 pages each within your site each day? Are you inlcuding iframes or other nested content in you site which coudl inflate that figure? Also, check the IP addresses to see if there are any bots or spam sending multiple requests from a narrow range of IP addresses.

gostats, Jun 25, 2008 IP