1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Put Rev Sharing to Good Use

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by emil2k, May 28, 2006.

Hey Guys,

I was just thinking this rev sharing is a great idea but it is quite insignificant on individual basis and I dought anybody actual writes or posts on the forum more because of this...

But I figure from the numbers I have heard that in total there is like $3K-$5K being shared within the forum members, and I dought anybody is getting more then $10/month...

So I'm saying why not turn off this rev sharing and instead use this $3K-$5K for donations...

Let Shawn set up a separate channel and each month tell us how much it racks up then everybody nominates a charity and we vote for who to donate to...

Why should Shawn take the extra time to send out the money and all that?
    I'm thinking $36K-$60K/year of tax deductability would be nice for anybody ;) and also it could be really good PR for DP.

And also Why not? I don't think anybody will even notice the $5/month.

Telll me what you think?

emil2k, May 28, 2006 IP
    honey likes this.
  2. ZachG

ZachG Peon

Best Answers:
    I get probably .02 a day from DP revenue sharing

ZachG, May 28, 2006 IP
  3. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So are you for it?

Where is everybody else?

Emil

emil2k, May 28, 2006 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Ask Dominic how it works out for him. I know there are a few of us using his publisherid as a charity donation.

sarahk, May 28, 2006 IP
  5. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I heard about that but I think he said it was something like 30$/month for him, he has max like 15 people, I'm saying why not completely convert it into this. It seems pretty insignificant on individual bases but could be something special if put all together.

Emil

emil2k, May 28, 2006 IP
    SumitBahl likes this.
  6. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Reign of Chaos

Best Answers:
    I have the adsense pubID provided by Dominic in my UserCP.

But this sounds like a good idea (although similar)as well, i am in.

SumitBahl, May 28, 2006 IP
  7. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I got the idea from him definetly just thought we could do it bigger if we just converted it ;)

Emil

emil2k, May 29, 2006 IP
  8. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    I thought if you didn’t insert your Adsense ID the money would go to charity anyway???

Emperor, May 29, 2006 IP
  9. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where did you get this from?

Emil

emil2k, May 29, 2006 IP
  10. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    I thought I has red it in a thread somewhere but can’t find it now… :confused:

Emperor, May 29, 2006 IP
  11. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why aren't there more people atleast voicing their opinion on this? :(

Is reputaion more important then this? :confused:

Emil

emil2k, May 29, 2006 IP
  12. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Many of us, as Sarah and Sumit has said using Dominic's charity ID.
    anyone who wants to use it can ask Dominic :)

The Webmaster, May 29, 2006 IP
  13. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So are you for this? :)

emil2k, May 30, 2006 IP
  14. phantascene

phantascene Guest

Best Answers:
    Okay, I'll weigh in on this from the other side of the coin here... 2 cents a day or $5 a month, heck, even $10 a month, may not seem like a lot of money to folks, but I am betting that the ones that it don't seem like much to are able to work full time at a job, or even part time, and probably have income from websites and such.

I am a family caregiver - this means that I perform the same duties that a registered nurse performs (even a lot of things a nurse refuses to do) but I get paid nothing. A stranger working for a local company can come in and care for my parents and be paid for it, I can go to work for that company and care for a stranger and get paid for it, but, I can not be paid to help my parents. I work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year with no holidays, no health insurance, no car insurance, no car to insure, and no ....well, I don't have anything. I asked the local public asisstance office if they could help me and the woman's exact words were "We can't help you, we could only help you if you were pregnant or hispanic." I'm not Hispanic and don't even have a social life, much less a boyfriend to get me pregnant.

So, no, 2 cents a day, $5 or $10 a month isn't much to the average person, but it is a lot to some people.

I would propose something like what Sarahk says Dominic has set up (if I understand what is being said correctly...)...
    So let people that want/need those pennies keep them and possibly use a single AdSense account that people who want to participate can replace their own pub id's with and that one is set up for donations to selected charities as Emil suggested. Shawn would simply have to find someone that he could trust to do that and help him with sending the money out to the proper charity. Or have more than one setup like Dominic has and people can run pub id's for the ones they want to?

Just a POV from the other side of the coin. Anyone else want to chime in on either side?

phantascene, May 30, 2006 IP
  15. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am in to do this. PM me the details, if we start to do this and I will plug it in. Good idea !!

honey, May 30, 2006 IP
  16. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well phanta I understand what you are saying but the people that you say this could make a difference to, probably wont even have an adsense account because first of all $10/month from DP is rare, it is more like $5/month if you are active, the minimum payout being $100, you are probably not meeting the requirements for an active account and will not last past a first check if that...basically what I'm saying a webmaster who actually gets paid from AS atleast every two/three months likely wouldn't care about the extra $6-$15 dollars and anybody else who is getting paid every 3 months or longer periods between payouts most likely doesnt depend on AS...

I defenitely liked Dominics idea and I think it is so good that I think its worth maximizing...

About person to trust, I think you misunderstood there would be nobody there it would be just Shawn the owner he would just seperate the stats using AS channel...

Let me ask is there anybody here who's DP rev share channel is generating a significant amount for yourself? :confused:

emil2k, May 30, 2006 IP
  17. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    the idea is good as such, but problem is controlling the charity fund and whose pub-id. :confused:
    I never crossed x$/month :eek: so i would prefer supporting your cause.

amitpatel_3001, May 30, 2006 IP
  18. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, as DP grows, so doesn't rev sharing.
    I'm pretty sure once DP is running on the new servers, we'll see a ton more people here.

ForgottenCreature, May 30, 2006 IP
  19. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Always... :)

The Webmaster, May 30, 2006 IP
  20. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I vote for Shawn :)

emil2k, May 30, 2006 IP