1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

<meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow" />

Discussion in 'Google' started by aika, Jun 11, 2008.

I don't know if someone have already post this.

We have a wordpress site. When I search the keywords, the site can be seen on small datacenters but not the main datacenter. So, we suspected that there's something wrong with our site. When I do a command search (site:sitename), all the page have the same metas (title, description, kw) eventhough I use a All-in-one SEO Pack Plug-in.

I did a view source and found this:
    <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow" />
    but when I checked the header.php file, there's no code similar on this one. I deactivated the All-in-one SEO Pack Plug-in but it still the same.

Someone injected a code on our site and I can't trace it. Please help me. All your comments is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

aika, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  2. feras80

feras80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello
    check the template/theme that ur using

feras80, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  3. aika

aika Peon

Best Answers:
    We also suspects that maybe it's because of the theme, not sure. We uses Zekecol2.

Thanks for the reply.

aika, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  4. cphadley

cphadley Peon

Best Answers:
    In case anyone else is having this problem I wanted to jump in. I was having issues with Google indexing my site but not displaying search results. I had this meta code as well and found the easy solution for Wordpress users. Go to the following:

Settings --> Privacy --> Change Blog Visibility to "I would like my blog to be visible to everyone, including search engines (like Google, Sphere, Technorati) and archivers"

This will remove the meta tag from the source code. Hope this helps :)

cphadley, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  5. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, that may be the reason.
    Check the visibility settings of your blog first.

Abhik, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  6. vjlenin

vjlenin Active Member

Best Answers:
    vjlenin, Sep 11, 2008 IP
  7. shrisharma

shrisharma Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, I was also suffering from this problem but i have solved this problem. if you are using wordpress platform then go to privacy section and change your blog visibility setting.

You will get two options there.
    1. I would like my blog to be visible to everyone, including search engines (like Google, Sphere, Technorati) and archivers
    and
    2.I would like to block search engines, but allow normal visitors

Select the 1st option and you will get <meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' /> will disappear from your blog and google will index you.

Thank You
    Avinash Sharma

shrisharma, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  8. shrisharma

shrisharma Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, I was also suffering from this problem but i have solved this problem. if you are using wordpress platform then go to privacy section and change your blog visibility setting.

You will get two options there.
    1. I would like my blog to be visible to everyone, including search engines (like Google, Sphere, Technorati) and archivers
    and
    2.I would like to block search engines, but allow normal visitors

Select the 1st option and you will get <meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' /> will disappear from your blog and google will index you.

Thank You
    Avinash Sharma

shrisharma, Feb 21, 2010 IP