1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Continuously clicking on someone else's ads ??

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by tayiper, May 18, 2006.

I am interested, does Google have any measures or such to prevent someone from ruining someone else's account. I mean for instance, if someone doesn't like me (or my site), and decides to continuously click on my ads. Is it possible to be actually banned from because of such actions of a single person ??

thanks in advance, tayiper

tayiper, May 18, 2006 IP
  2. MaxS

MaxS Peon

Best Answers:
    You can be banned for clicking your own ads. As far as a 'click attack', Google isn't that stupid - they will be able to recognize it.

MaxS, May 18, 2006 IP
  3. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I surely know that; thanks for reply !!

tayiper

tayiper, May 18, 2006 IP
  4. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    not that easy, only one person keep taking click can't bring u down, but u won't earn from those click

ahkip, May 18, 2006 IP
  5. ainmohd

ainmohd Peon

Best Answers:
    My understanding is that repeated clicks by the others won't bring one down and repeated clicks won't bring in the money either.

Ainuddin Mohamad
    BestWebsites.com
    AdsenseForDummies.com

ainmohd, May 20, 2006 IP
  6. b-directory

b-directory Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes on my advertisers account I see refunds for click quality, so they will actively refund customers for click fraud (some of the time).

b-directory, May 20, 2006 IP
  7. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have this exact problem on one of my sites at the moment, it's hundreds of clicks, so I removed the ads and contacted google.
    They were not as helpful as I hoped, they said they are investigating, I ask can I put back the ads to help you see the invalid clicks, they told me to put back the ads only if I wish since it is my responsability as publishers are responsible for invalid clicks and I should review adsense policy to be sure not to create invalid clicks.

My problem is not that I create invalid clicks, it is someone targeting one of my site with a clicking software (I can't believe someone would click 300 times in a few hours simply for the fun of it) maybe with multiple ips.
    Their software doesn't seem to work on adlink, so I've let the adlink block.

Well Google is at this point with me after 9 days, they told me they are investigating (but wihout the ads running anymore..) and will get back to me. So last email I've sent them is can I put back the ads safely (ie. my account won't be disabled), do you have the proper tool to account only for those valid clicks?
    And I'm waiting for the answer.

JamesColin, May 20, 2006 IP
  8. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Luckily this is not actually happening to me, I was rather only "theoretically" interested ...

I was also thinking in those terms in the "worst case scenario" (though it would probably be more obvious to Google) !!

tayiper

tayiper, May 20, 2006 IP
  9. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    Best thing to do to avoid this mess is using tracking software like asrep or revenuemonitor you can then look at the IP/ips that are being used in the attack and start blocking all of them. You can also send a list of these to Google. If you are attempting to fight illegal clicks then you are an asset to Googles team and while they send you a canned response e-mail "you are responsible" you are doing everything you can to correct the situation. It is also googles duty to follow up and protect their advertisers by looking at the Ip's and attempting to trace and prosecute the "bad guys." If they do not follow up(and quickly) then they are just as guilty and responsible for those invalid clicks and blaming it soley on the publisher would be a mistake.

I highly recommend everyone get a quality tracking software program designed around the adsense program. Your best bet at following your actual clicking traffic(ip's/multiple clicks) since Google will not release that information to you. Revenuemonitor even has a fraud log that registers a special log of possible fraudulant clicks.

toomuch72, May 20, 2006 IP
  10. EWD

EWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you keep monitoring your clicks and if there is an alarming no. of clicks, just check if its due to some promotion or a link that you exchanged yesterday. If this is not the case, just write to google and you will get the response pretty soon.

Don't worry, Google staff is nice and they will help you out. I always think, how good they are. Even being such a humongous company, they try to take care of each person. Now that IS certainly some kind of customer service to look out for.

EWD, May 20, 2006 IP