Can anybody tell me how this happend?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by vjlenin, May 23, 2008.

Two days ago, I posted here in DP regarding a scam found by one member here, in my separate blog (newsflashjournal.blogspot.com)

until yesterday, I was ranking in the first page of Google for my main blog cutewriting (link in the sig) for keyword "good writing". Two days ago, I had set my preferred region in Webmaster tools for Cutewriting to be China. And I did an editing on my Meta tag, description and keywords for this blog. Today, when I check my rankings, i dont rank in Google for ANY keyword whatsoever. Not for "good writing" or even for "monilal" who was a serial actor who died four days ago, and I created a special post mourning him and that hit as the first result for keyword, "monilal" but now it is not even in the thirtyth page.

Can anyone give me an idea as to how this could have happened?

Also, coming back to the first comment, the blog, newsflashjournal is no longer indexed by Google (it is fairly new blog and was indexed two or three days ago, now not indexed at all)

My doubts: can the change in region be the culprit? Can the meta tag edit have anything to do with this? Or is anyone trying deliberately to reduce my ranking (can anyone outside do any trick to affect my ranking so quickly?

Dear friends, please help me in this by giving me your honest opinions. I am always trying to promote my blog only in the right way, and never ever did any blackhat technique. also I always tried to give my readers good information and advice, should I be hit like this, then?

Lenin

vjlenin, May 23, 2008 IP
  2. Ricky Deez

Ricky Deez Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are having problems being indexed now i would probably undo the changes you did.

As far as being ranked for "good writing" it doesnt look like you have that keyword being targeted anywhere. Try putting it in your title.

Seems like you focus more on "writing help".

Ricky Deez, May 23, 2008 IP
  3. vjlenin

vjlenin Active Member

Best Answers:
    But for any of them I dont rank anymore, Ricky. I was ranking in the first page as the sixth result until yesterday for "good writing" now it is not even in the hundredth page how do you see this?

vjlenin, May 23, 2008 IP
  4. Ricky Deez

Ricky Deez Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel your frustration, but its probably going to be hard for anyone to tell you why are aren't ranked anymore. I would go back and see what you changed to make u drop in the rankings and change it back.

The good news is that at least your site is still indexed, so it wasn't banned or anything.

It probably needs a little massaging and a proper SEO campaign. Might take some time, but it can work.

Ricky Deez, May 23, 2008 IP
  5. placeboeffect

placeboeffect Peon

Best Answers:
    How long have you been ranked for these keywords? Sometimes there can be coincidences. I think the best thing you can do is push harder with your SEO and be patient. You got there before, and you certainly can get there again.

Matt

placeboeffect, May 25, 2008 IP
  6. eugenef_1

eugenef_1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea I would just change everything to the way it's supposed to be. Professionals companies usually use test sites before making any changes :) Google has that option, do some digging :)

eugenef_1, May 26, 2008 IP
  7. rsuog

rsuog Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't panic. Everything might come back in few days

rsuog, May 26, 2008 IP
  8. ninoniarcos

ninoniarcos Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi vjlenin,
    Please don't be sad... seems like we have a lot in common.
    We still need to improve and digging on SEO in details. and we have very poor backlinks which is very important for SERP and site popularity.

ninoniarcos, May 27, 2008 IP
  9. vjlenin

vjlenin Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi all many thanks for your replies, a good news is that i have slowly picked up in the lost ranking I tried to contact Matt cutts and explained to him how I handled in test period. I guess google started to rank me again. thanks to your replies.

Lenin

vjlenin, May 27, 2008 IP