1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Undisputed Heavyweight SEO Strategy

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by netwhip, May 15, 2006.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is becoming a very complex playing field for some while the answers are clear and simple to others.

Why are some people finding it so hard to rise in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) and others find it immensely easy to get good rankings in the SERPs?

There is a clear divide between those who know and those that endlessly seek the newest strategy and techniques by searching the Internet, buying new tools and reading and posting to SEO forums for answers to their never ending quest for that elusive master key to online success.

What is that divide?

The purpose of this article is to define the two types of SEO practices and clear up why one has such a hard time and the other makes more than enough money to support their financial goals.

The Majority

The majority of webmasters are in search of a way to quickly get indexed and then quickly rise in the SERPs for the purpose of making money with their new website. There is no doubt that this is the goal of all webmasters.

The majority are constantly seeking an answer or a tool that will help them mass produce their efforts. They are constantly looking for the newest strategy to help them achieve their goal. Take a look at any of the best webmaster and SEO forums and you will see evidence of what I am talking about.

There is a ton of money being made by e-book sellers, service sellers and software sellers who cater to the desperate mindset of the majority. The majority will save up their money and then shell it out quickly to jump on the latest bandwagon of elusive success.

The Few, The Proud

There is a small percentage of webmasters who don’t worry about seeking the next best thing because they adhere to a code of ethics that, by the sheer law of averages, always wins. They do not frequent forums for the next best strategy. They do not endlessly search for a new tool that will make their life easier.

The few and the proud are meeting and exceeding their financial goals and they hire employees or contract work to be done in order to multiply their effort. They don’t have time to tirelessly browse and post to forums because they are working their strategy. Their strategy has always worked from day one and will continue to work always.

What Makes the Few so Proud?

They are proud because they know that the effort they put forth today will continue to reap financial reward for years to come. They know that they are genuinely contributing to the community so in return, the community contributes to their well being. It’s a fair trade that allows them to sleep well at night without worrying about finding that new strategy because their bank account is dwindling like water in a bucket full of holes.

What is their secret?

I can assure you it is not a fancy piece of software or some trick that they are holding secret. The secret lies in simplicity. Occam’s Razor states that:

Basically what that means is, when you have two competing theories which make exactly the same predictions, the one that is simpler is more likely. To break it down even further; The simplest solution is usually the answer.

You have one mindset that is always seeking the complex answer to SEO and the other that adherer’s to the the principle of simplicity.

How Do They Keep it Simple?

The first step in playing any game is knowing the rules of the playing field and who dictates those rules. Any savvy webmaster knows this basic principle. That is the springboard from which to leap into the game. If you move into the game without knowing the rules and without knowing who sets them, you are doomed to fail from the start.

The savvy webmaster keeps it simple by adhering to the rules of the game. By adhering to the rules of the game they know that they will be playing for the long term. The game is simple to them because they know exactly what to do based on the guidelines that have been set.

Who Makes the Rules?

The savvy webmaster understands that they are placing content on the property of another entity (the search engines) that they themselves do not own. They also understand that in order to achieve the results they desire from that content that they must place that content according to the rules of the search engine or face penalty for defacing their property.

Who makes the rules on your web properties? … You do.

Who makes the rules for the search engine properties? … They do.

What Are the Rules?

The undisputed heavyweight champion of the search engines right now is Google and the other search engines are quickly following suit in order to compete. Understanding that Google leads the pack would lead the savvy webmaster to pay close attention to the rules set forth by Google.

Google has not specifically stated their exact rules but you can get a good idea of what rules they are trying to enforce by doing a little research. The savvy marketer will never take someone else’s word for it. They will conduct their own research to find out what the rules of the playing field are before implementing a strategy.

I have done quite a bit of research and have discovered documents that will prove to be very valuable to determining what Google’s Rules are.

Google’s March 31, 2005 patent application reveals some details of Google’s focus on quality. They have obviously already implemented some of these rules and are most definitely working to implement and enforce all of them. Why would Google place so much weight on these ideas that they would patent them?

The savvy marketer would use the simpler is better approach and say that, these are Google’s Rules. These are the rules of the playing field. These rules have been public knowledge for almost a year now. Not all of the rules have been put into effect, but they will be. At least that’s what a savvy webmaster would conclude from the evidence.

By following the rules set forth by Google’s patent the savvy webmaster can be assured of always being on top of the latest algorithm changes. They don’t need to seek forum advice or buy a new e-book or a new piece of software that rides the latest temporary trend.

Does it Take Longer to See Results Playing by the Rules?

It takes just as much time to do things by the rules as it does to try to achieve results by breaking them. In an 8 hour day of working, the savvy webmaster works the same 8 hours as the other webmaster. At the end of the day the savvy webmaster makes more money because they operate under very clear guidelines that are not blurred by speculation.

The savvy webmaster makes more money because he is rewarded by the search engines for doing things the way they want them done on their playing field.

Evidence

I have personally tested every trick in the book, from IP based cloaking to setting up massive amounts of blog and ping jobs in an effort to make more money. I have followed the blog and ping trend from the start and watched the search engines battle against it to enforce their rules.

After testing new aggressive methods against my tried and true methods, I have to say that the old tried and true method of following the rules always turns a higher dollar for the same time invested when I average everything out.

The Simple Formula

The following formula was derived after scouring Google’s patent for days. I had been using a very similar formula for quite some time based on bits and pieces of information that Google provided years prior and pure gut instinct derived from thinking as if I owned Google myself.

Here is the formula I came up with that earned me over $200,000 last year from Google AdSense ads alone:

1. Build a quality content based web site with original content (5 pages)
    2. Gain relevant backlinks with varying keyword anchor text to get indexed (24 hours - 3 days)
    3. After indexing occurs create 1 new content page for the site every week.
    4. Continue to gain relevant backlinks with varying keyword anchor text.

This formula is greatly simplified because I have reserved my full formula that I call, “The Backlink Report - The Plan“, my exact strategy for achieving over $200,000 a year from AdSense ads alone for a special PDF report that I have prepared for your reading pleasure.

I have put together a report on exactly how to get indexed fast using natural techniques that the search engines love and will reward you for. You will be rewarded with higher placement in the SERPs, higher click revenue from AdSense and the comfort of knowing that you won’t be de-indexed or lose pagerank because a penalty has been inflicted upon you.

This is the difference between making a few dollars a month and making thousands working the same 8 hour day as the other guy.

Download my PDF report, "The Backlink Report - The Plan".

Just for taking the time out of your busy day to read this report I will give you a free copy of Net Audio Pro to quickly add streaming audio messages to your websites. I use this to get higer CTRs from Adsense & increase orders to my niche products.

Please let me know what you think. I have put a ton of work into this and your comments and questions will help me to imporve it. :D

Thanks,

Netwhip

P.S. This report is probaby basic for advanced SEOs but it may give you a new insight or two.

netwhip, May 15, 2006 IP
  2. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I downloaded the report and was impressed. It was very clear and well written. Well done and very informative.

My only coment is that I believe that is will become more important to not have all your links pointing to your home page.

CanadianEh, May 16, 2006 IP
  3. Subzero

Subzero Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, nice read.

I suppose you won't show us a example of such a site that you build netwhip ;)

Subzero, May 16, 2006 IP