1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Co Op Success.

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Colindb, Jan 23, 2005.

Just thought I would highlight the success I have achieved with CoOp.

I started my site only 6 weeks ago and now have 1850 links in Google and 600 on MSN. I am achieving 5th placement on MSN from 33 million sites for my main keyword "camping". Yesterday, I had 400 hits on my site and the nmbers are increasing daily.

Absolutely superb.

A big thank you to Shawn for his software and fellow member Jay who has continued his support throughout.

Regards

Colin :)

Colindb, Jan 23, 2005 IP
  2. LegalClipper

LegalClipper Peon

Best Answers:
    That's really great. Congrats. :)

To get so high in only 6 weeks is quite something.

Just wondering what your weight is roughly to get so high a ranking so quick?

LegalClipper, Jan 23, 2005 IP
  3. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    - And wondering too: How many pages approximately do you have?

(great succes story by the way... I love to hear stories like this describing in facts and numbers how well what did. I'm gonna give it a go this week :) )

miko67, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  4. linkgangster

linkgangster Peon

Best Answers:
    I've top5 ranking for more than 96% of my keywords in MSN. I usually achieve this within 2 weeks.

My understanding in MSN algo is that we need lots of links. My estimation is at least 500 links. By the way, this is not completely accurate.

However, there's a risk of not getting any ranking in Google because the algo. doesn't seem to like web sites getting links too fast.

If I want fast results, I'd pick to work on MSN first using at least 20 competitive keywords. This will pick up lots of traffic. And I'll dump Google :)

If I want long term results, I'd work hard get high ranking in Google, and then work on MSN later.

Then again, nobody knows the future. Will MSN search conquer Google? Or, it's just a wild horse on the cliff? :)

linkgangster, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  5. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am a little puzzled here... You don't seem to take advantage of the signature-link abillity, so where else do you get 500+ links in two weeks :confused: Is there some good tricks ;) in there or is it a trade secret :cool: or is it just that you run some PR8 site that can allways throw in some 5 gazzillion links whenever you have a new keyworded-page :D

miko67, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  6. Vic

Vic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Colin, can you share your weight to get all those links?

I don't have a high weight so i wonder when and how many links will show up for me, my weight is now only 1500 or so.

Vic, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  7. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    You should see quite a few links then, Vic.

schlottke, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  8. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a success story as such, but I am quite surprised how quickly the coop is working - the links were only live on my forum for 48 hours and I've started already to see backlinks to me in MSN.

DarrenC, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  9. rtheodorow

rtheodorow Peon

Best Answers:
    Vic,
    Don't expect much. I have been using this thing for about a month now with roughly 3000 weight. I haven't received 1 single hit or any backlink increase (I actually lost)...

rtheodorow, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  10. Vic

Vic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm, have to wait and see then.

Does your weight updates automatically when you have more backlinks or does the script look at more at PR and total pages?

Vic, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  11. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I've seen similar success - albeit with less competitive keywords. I have more weight, but I do see click throughs from the network regularly. Usually it's a site I don't recognize and I go in and take a look and yep, it's a co-op site. I think the value of click-throughs is an undersold feature. I know that not everybody sees click-throughs like I do, but it's definitely happening for me.

We can't just rely on the network though - on-site optimization, other link-building methodologies, and content building are all things that can't be ignored.

There are a lot of people in the network with a weight under 5,000. I'd be really surprised to see a drop in backlinks. Google doesn't show all backlinks - check yahoo or msn beta search (beta.search.msn.com - link:www.yourdomain.com) I don't know absolutely for sure about this, but I really would be surprised if there was no gain whatsoever.

nevetS, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  12. rtheodorow

rtheodorow Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks at PR and total pages. Only your site's homepage PR is used. Coop automatically validates every so often, but I check google "site:www.yourdomain.com" and when I see a jump in pages revalidate to see how much weight I will gain.

rtheodorow, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  13. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Weight is based on 2 things:
    The pagerank of your home page or directory index if you are just putting up ads in a subdirectory.
    The number of pages indexed by google.

Regular updates to your weight happen when: More pages get indexed by google, or pages get taken out. The pagerank of your home page changes.

I believe it's like the toolbar PR, where PR updates are whenever google gets around to it, but I'm not absolutely sure.

nevetS, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  14. Vic

Vic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, i know Google doesn't show all the backlinks, it's better to use Yahoo for this.

Thanks for the answers everyone.

Vic, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  15. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have went from 300 backlinks at google and 400 or so backlinks at msn and I am now at 900 for google and closing in on 4000 for msn.

I target 3 keyword phrases, one of them are extremely competive. On MSN I am rankings 1st, 6th and 14th for these 3 phrases. Not doing so well in google, but I figure I will in time. Google gets in no hurry for anything. This has been a great tool for my site.

Edit- my weight fluctuates between 27,000 and 30,000

SportsOutlaw, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  16. viavr

viavr Peon

Best Answers:
    We signed into the co-op just before the christmas holidays with a couple of properties. Here's our experience thus far:
    3-5 Properties used
    Each property mature in google - one with 300 google indexed pages, several with over 1000 pages indexed by google, one with 30,000 pages indexed.
    one site online over a year, the rest over 2 years
    No properties are forums
    Aggregate weight ~60,000

We are directing all ads at a single site; that site is NOT in the coop, has 7000 pages indexed in google, and we're targeting phrases. We're running 13 ads - Main widget currently get ??56% of weight, and blue widget, red widget, yellow widget, etc up to 9 other widgets for a total of 12 each get 3.7% of weight.

The main widget page prior to joining the co-op had in excess of 1000 links when using link:URI in yahoo and beta.msn. Our google count is pretty steady around 130 when using link:URI.

#### Since joining the co-op (elapsed time 6 weeks)
    we have picked up maybe 20 or in yahoo and msn and none in google (when using link:URI)

google SERPs have not picked up; the last google dance and re-pageranking have us bouncing from 3-100 for over 4 dozen targeted phrases.
    Yahoo and MSN spiders have agressively spidered our widget site for a long time now, I remember when msn's bot first showed up they'd pull a thousand pages a night.

MSN and Yahoo SERPs have pretty much stayed the same, we rank high across our range of target keyphrases.

##### questions #######
    i) if anything, according to link:URI, we're picking up 10-20 links from fellow co-op members, but only from 3-5 domains. it would seem that our weight would have our ads show up on more than just 3-4 sites when the bots show up - after a six week period. this kinda defies logic, unless 60K weight is *really not that much*. any ideas, postulations, humble opines, guesses?
    ii) same question - different preamble - we read quite a few posts, and note we *are not sandboxed; *are not a new site; *are not suddenly picking up 50-100-1000 new links (at least accoriding to link:URI), so the oft-discussed link fastgain shouldn't apply here.
    iii) i've seen many comments regarding patience. do any of you have similar base parameters of decent ranked sites, decent page counts in the indexes, mature site (not one just built), and with decent inbound links, have started the co-op - how long did you wait to see *results?

viavr, Jan 24, 2005 IP
    miko67 likes this.
  17. linkgangster

linkgangster Peon

Best Answers:
    Use the advantage of being coop members :)

linkgangster, Jan 25, 2005 IP
  18. Vic

Vic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Viavr, thanks for sharing your story. I think it's a bit weird with 60.000 weight and only a minimum number of backlinks. Other members report thousands of backlinks with that weight.

MSN and YAHOO are pretty quick with backlink updates so I wouldn't know what the problem would be then.

Vic, Jan 25, 2005 IP
  19. viavr

viavr Peon

Best Answers:
    so thanks for that!

I agree. The widget site we are advertising is fairly well placed in all the search engines, (actually outstanding in yahoo and msn, given our target phrase/market) and has seen increasing competition in google. in google, for our secondary widget phrases we target, the 'good 'ol days' were when we more or less duked it out for spots 1-5 with other widget e-commerce plays. These days, it's either .org sites, and .edu sites we need to overcome.

The lack of link:URI growth is disconcerting over the period. I actually went back and counted the pages linking to our main widget (60% weight driven ad) - we've now got a total of either SIX or TWELVE pages (click the more results from this site) since two domains were listed twice.

broken out - - it goes like this at yahoo's link:URI -->
    1300 linking to mainwidgetpage
    6 or 12 from co-op ad sites
    1288 or 1295 from links into that page pre-co-op

Any more humble opines, guestimates, postulations, etc.?

viavr, Jan 25, 2005 IP
  20. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Hmm... strange to see such a small increase in IBL's, but I'm a relative newbie. I know that I see more than that with less weight spread accross a couple of different sites.

Couple of things...

1) make sure your ad's are enabled.
    2) make sure your ad's are approved.
    3) make sure you have weight in the account that is displaying the ads.
    4) jump up and down and swear. :) (sorry... I have nothing else.)

nevetS, Jan 25, 2005 IP