1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Convert Drupal site to Wordpress

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by capebretoner, May 12, 2008.

I am wondering if anyone has had success in transfering a Drupal site into Wordpress, preferrably the latest version of wordpress and drupal 5.7

I have a site that I though Drupal was the choice but have since decided to just make it a blog, and wordpress is much more of what I am looking for, for that type of functionality.

capebretoner, May 12, 2008 IP
  2. Joomla Dude

Joomla Dude Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have posts in there in Drupal site,then forget about those posts,as Drupal cant be changed to Wordpress. The best idea is to start a new Wordpress site and get the contents via COPY PASTE

Joomla Dude, May 12, 2008 IP
  3. capebretoner

capebretoner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your kidding me....right

Are you telling me that there is no way to transfer the posts from drupal in the DB into posts in Wordpress? And then 301ing the old drupal to new wordpress?

I know that it is possible, but I am hoping that someone else out there has written the SQL to do the transfer.

I would do it myself but I am not familiar enough with the new Wordpress db structure and I have no idea about drupal.

(Not trying to be bitchy but getting frustrated and tired......shouldn't forum it up when tired)

capebretoner, May 12, 2008 IP
  4. mizaks

mizaks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This post has some pointers on it.

mizaks, May 14, 2008 IP
  5. capebretoner

Best Answers:
    I have found a number of people that have done it to Wordpress 2.2, however Wordpress 2.5 is out and I am lazy so I don't want to have to hunt down the old version, install it, transfer and then upgrade. I would rather simply go from Drupal 5.x to Wordpress 2.5

But thanks for the reply, I am thinking that no matter how lazy I am, I am going to have to make the move.

capebretoner, May 15, 2008 IP
  6. rebekka

rebekka Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried activating and using Drupal with
    taxonomy
    bloginfo
    blogtheme
    tagadelic modules along with blog module in drupal ? They do give very good results, moreover the bloggers
    can also enjoy a wiki, a social profile ( and even a gallery too ) just out-of-the-box !

rebekka, May 15, 2008 IP
  7. capebretoner

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply Rebekka,

I am trying to streamline myonline properties and Wordpress has almost everything I need out of the box with few plugins. More modules mean more things that I have to ensure are updated and if they aren't I have to take time from creating content to updating my scripts.

capebretoner, May 17, 2008 IP
  8. capebretoner

Best Answers:
    As an update I have been able to do it. I had to install 2.2.2, convert and then upgrade to 2.5.1

So far so good, I am going to be doing some work to clean it up and then I just need to 301 the old pages somehow

capebretoner, May 18, 2008 IP
  9. srk

srk Peon

Best Answers:
    I did for drupal 6.x to wordpress 2.7
    I just did it from the backend (by making some changes in database)
    If you want to do that from terminal or phpmyadmin have a look into this page it has all the procedure to be followed (step wise).
    http://www.srksworld.blogspot.com

srk, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  10. Caitlyn

Caitlyn Guest

Best Answers:

That's great work... thanks for giving your url as example

Caitlyn, Apr 4, 2011 IP
  11. softmodeling

softmodeling Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    In case anybody is interested, I created a simple Java class to perform this migration. Details here: http://modeling-languages.com/migrating-drupal-6-to-wordpress-3/

softmodeling, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  12. Adaba

Adaba Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the best way to convert Drupal to WordPress is the gConverter.com, I went through their portfolio and that was very impressive, this guys are really working perfect.

Adaba, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  13. softmodeling

softmodeling Peon

Best Answers:
    To move from Wordpress to Drupal (or the other way round) I recommend you to take a look at wordpressdrupal.com.

softmodeling, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  14. John.D

John.D Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've checked gConverter's portfolio, that's just a amazing. Thanks a lot Adaba, gConverter.com was the best solution for me, they converted my Drupal site and forum to Wordpress/Simple:press very quickly and smoothly. This guys are really professionals.
    Also I check wordpressdrupal.com, this site is very very expansive and there isn't even proper recommendations.

John.D, Mar 9, 2012 IP