1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A question about the "SenserelyYours" service

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by tayiper, May 6, 2006.

You see, it's that right after I've registered an AdSense account, I got an e-mail invitation to register an account at SenserelyYours site: http://www.senserely.com ...

So since I don't know nothing about it, I am interested: what is this all about, is it recommended to sign-up or not etc. ??

thanks, tayiper

tayiper, May 6, 2006 IP
  2. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont like placing my adsense ID on sites that I cannot control. Can run into issues if they do something that google doesn't agree with.

ServerUnion, May 6, 2006 IP
  3. Gurpartap

Gurpartap Peon

Best Answers:
    if anyone has to, they just open up ur ad code and use the pub ID to spoil up :D

Gurpartap, May 6, 2006 IP
  4. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    JamesColin, May 6, 2006 IP
  5. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had issues with user "wwwSENSERELYcom" targeting noob Adsense publishers in the past. He's admitted that he's only going after the noobs. I've questioned why this was the case, and I think it's obvious -- it's easier to convince a noob to join him than a veteran.

I would be very, very careful about handing over your account to someone you don't know from Adam or Eve. Remember that if he does something illegal with it, you are gone from Adsense for good.

Caveat Emptor.

jackburton2006, May 6, 2006 IP
  6. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, but why would I or another ad revenue sharing webmaster do something illegal with his website? Do you think I want my adsense gone too?
    You've questionned why this was the case and I've answered you, because adsense newbies are looking for help when someone already making lots of money with AdSense would feel his time is better spent on improving one's network of sites.

I don't try to convince anyone, I think it is obvious that if you're already a writer, you can subscribe in as many ad revenue sharing websites and write away: you earn more money than with your blog alone and AdSense is OK with that, I've asked them personnally and it's fine.

As you could see by visiting Senserely.com there are many members who are not AdSense beginners but have already subscribed to several sites sharing AdSense revenue and simply like to write and increase their audience.

JamesColin, May 7, 2006 IP
  7. khin007

khin007 Banned

Best Answers:
    http://www.senserely.com/how-does-it-work.php

khin007, May 7, 2006 IP
  8. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know you, I don't know what you're capable of, and to risk a potentially huge money earner with a total stranger with a website and a Internet handle is taking your life into your hands.

And I think there's a difference between giving "help" to noobs and trying to rope them into a scheme. Your tactics continue to bother me. It's my 2 cents and I'll keep mentioning it rather you like it or not.

jackburton2006, May 7, 2006 IP
  9. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    He is basically giving away a service.
    Which is his right and I hope he does good at it.
    As said by two others here, giving your adsense pub id to another site is putting your adsense account at risk.

Let me get clear on this part though...
    Senserely wants you to join, and drive visitors to your page, correct?
    Would it not make more sense, at least for me, to spend that time and money promoting, to spend it all on a present site?
    And it seems, correct me if I am wrong, that in the process of driving this traffic to your page at that site, you are also helping the owner get traffic to make some money on.

Just my nickel's worth.

iowadawg, May 7, 2006 IP
  10. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    To jackburton2006: Yes, ok I understand your position, so please keep on being bothered and mentionning it, I don't mind it's just one more post to write to answer you :)

I use Digital Point ad revenue sharing option by giving my adsense publisher ID in my profile, I don't know the webmaster and I'm not afraid in any way because I understand what I'm giving them: a public information available on every webpages where are my adsense blocks and not my adsense login and password: as Gurpartap said it's very easy to mess up with your AdSense ID anyway, at least when you join an ad revenue program/scheme you know the webmaster has some interest in keeping his website safe and compliant with AdSense's TOS.

And before loosing your account Google will be contacting you, so you can explain yourself, there's no risk involved, have you heard one story that someone lost his google account by being abused on someon else website? I've not yet heard such story, but many other stories.

Anyway I think I give help to noobs in answering their questions on forum and I also contact some of them (not all noobs as you said) but that's it, I'm not harrassing them as you can see, once information only, some took the offer some not, I don't mind it's totally normal.

11. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    To explain how I see ad revenue sharing programs to iowadawg here is a background information:
    the way to go with ad revenue sharing programs is don't be afraid of copy and paste your own content, from your blog. No it will not be seen by google search as a duplicate content since the websites are very different, and on each ad revenue sharing programs you can put links back to the original source: your blog, which should stay the central place of your self on the web, the place where new readers you get from contributing in other websites will know they can get the latest content from your blog directly. So for example you write something new on your blog, wait some days before going through all ad revenue sharing programs and paste it there with a link to your original post.

This should not be seen as temporary and quick way to make additionnal adsense money, rather as another source of income that needs to be built in the same ay as you build your own blog. And contributing content will not take long time at all, just login, add content, be gone.
    Why need time? Because it will take time to get your content on google, msn, yahoo search engines on senserely, on writingup, on bloggerparty, etc.
    Join many such websites, put them in a bookmark folder in firefox, have firefox remember the login and passwords. When you want to send content, simply click on the folder with the mousewheel button to open all sites in tabs and start pasting your content, it would take 5 minutes maximum to contribute one piece of content to half a dozen such websites. And the rewards in adsense will be good not tomorrow, not in one month maybe, but think about it in 6 months when you will have so much content everywhere with your adsense working on each of them and every pages linking to your own blog!

That's the way you should think of it, I don't know if I've convinced you, but at least I'd have tried. :)

12. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    ... totally unrelated, but I will ask it anyway.

I am just interested about the following (just in theory), so consider this example. I for instance connect to the Internet with a dial-up connection, so as first, I have a new IP-address each time I connect. Therefore IMO the only way for Google to actually know that it was me who was clicking the ads, is in case if I would be logged-into the Google AdSense, and at the same time, I would click on my own ad. However, even then, what if this particular computer is used by more than one person; like for instance my family members or other people who also work with my work-computer ??

Futher, I have three separate dial-up accounts (i.e. three different ISPs), so what if I would always use one of them to login to Google AdSense, and use othe other two for clicking my own ads ?? And yeah, what about public computers in countless libraries and cyber-caffes ?? I think that there is no way for Google to know was it me or someone else that clicked on an ad. So could please anyone explain all this to me !!

Yeah, but AFAIK anyone can see/get my AdSense ID simply by viewing the souce of my site, isn't it so ??

thanks again, tayiper

tayiper, May 7, 2006 IP
  13. Kngavl

Kngavl Peon

Best Answers:
    For the whole public computers thing, wouldn't it be true that those ip addresses would still be broadcasting from the same area and google may get suspicious that those ip's are all coming from the same city/part of town?

Kngavl, May 7, 2006 IP
  14. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't know, I think Google may also use cookies to track, but honestly I'm not really interested in technics on how to trick AdSense, not interested at all, usually I'm open on lots of things, but on this one I consider learning anything for this purpose is purely loosing time because I am not going to try anything to trick adsense since there are so many legitimate web surfers ready to click on your adsense ads if they happen to come on your site and your ad placement is correct.

JamesColin, May 8, 2006 IP
  15. dirtyc

dirtyc Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd like to propose some food for thought:

What are the long-term implications of these "revenue sharing" sites?

Incentivized clicks are illegal. That is clear. You cannot directly encourage people to click on ads. However, I would think that as a community grows it would foster a "I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine" mentality.

For example, I'm at digital point. I know that I can't click on my own ads and make myself money. However, I can click on other people's Adsense ads and make them money. That person is going to be happy about their income and spend more time at digital point as a result of it. Even if through no concious effort, they'll click on more ads as a result of being here. Perhap they'll even click on a few more ads than they should just because they're excited and want to share the accomplishment with their peers. After all, winning is great, but winning together is even better.

No one ever actually says "hey lets all click on each others ads" but we all know that we communicate in more ways that the written word. Does anyone else see how something like this could happen and eventually "snow-ball effect."

By saying "revenue sharing" are we not also saying "click on ads and we'll all make money together"?

dirtyc, May 10, 2006 IP
  16. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    All those noobs, with dollar signs in their eyes, gathered in one place trying to earn money... Hmm... I like your chances. :)

jackburton2006, May 10, 2006 IP
  17. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I understand, but that is up to members to do what they want and it is not yet forbidden to clicks on ads when you are an adsense publisher. What I wrote in the rules on the sign up form and in the member's profile is simple:
    Never click on your own ad
    Never ask others to click on your ad
    Never tell others that you clicked on their ads

And if I happen to know that one of those rules has been broken I will not wait a day or tell the member not to do it again: he/she will be banned from senserely, I don't care how many time he/she invested in the site. There are many such ad revenue sharing websites and there will be more in 2006 so they can use others. In fact I recommend them to use as many as they can AND to have their own network of sites, based on WordPress or Drupal or handmade HTML.

The important thing to understand is that the fact that your adsense publisher id is on a website you don't own doesn't change the rules that you would follow on your own sites.

JamesColin, May 10, 2006 IP