1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EPN not reporting commissions? WTF

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by ZachG, Apr 19, 2008.

Okay, I had 127 clicks this week and ZERO commissions. I switched to EPN on April 1-2, and have had unsteady performance. Like having nothing for a few days then suddenly one day I get a lump of commissions, which seems like it would be all of those previous days combined. It's never gone for an entire week yet without posting a commission.

Anyone else having problems?

ZachG, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  2. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the club.

hanji

hanji, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  3. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    :( Where's the tree house...

---

Either the EPN reports are way off (and we just have to hope for a correction), or their tracking system is screwed and we're missing commissions. Something is definitely up. My eBay income is down to about 20% of what it was with CJ. Not a single ACRU for April....

Kerosene, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  4. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Kerosene

Was wondering how your were doing throughout this migration. I seem to be WAY more off than 20%. I still have more sites to migrate, but all my 'big earners' were moved early on to see good traffic and clicks.. and their numbers are way down.

No ACRUs for me as well.

I saw mention about '_' needing to be urlencoded() in the customid field which is weird. I just went ahead and striped all non-alphanumeric chars. I don't think this was a problem since I do see '_' within customids in my transaction download, so those tracked and earned for me. But anything I can do to help things get back on track is worth it.

Thanks!
    hanji

hanji, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  5. ZachG

ZachG Peon

Best Answers:
    I was getting great commissions at the start of the month, and it just suddenly stopped about a week ago, so I guess there must be a reporting delay. Or something. If I don't get my commissions soon though I'm going to be pissed. :mad:

ZachG, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  6. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm.. mine have been reporting daily. Anything change in your link code? You're showing clicks.. so I'd assume that it's tracking right. This is such a mess. I'm hoping that things get back to normal mid-May or something.

hanji

hanji, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  7. mr.omneo

mr.omneo Member

Best Answers:
    It has to be said, what little hopes I had that I'd make more money with EPN over CJ have vanished.. I've not had one single ACRU so far this month and usually I have at least 5 and as for commissions... the past 3 months I've been averaging about $250-$300 by this time of the month.. so far... $6.47!!

mr.omneo, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  8. mhaynes6

mhaynes6 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was getting 1 acru per day plus whatever sales i would make...same situation Im afraid to put any more effort into ebay...sad considering I was averaging almost a $1000 a month and spent months planning on really making money through ebay...

mhaynes6, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  9. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's too early to give up on eBay. I've personally stopped on new development in the mean time, but will continue my traffic promoting on the existing sites. I have a feeling mid-May things should be leveled out.

Sure seems like they've been having trouble with the ACRUs in the last couple of months.

hanji

hanji, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  10. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Only 127 clicks? I get about 200-300 clicks a day and some days I don't earn anything.

Oddly enough I changed one of my sites over to test EPN and got 2 ACRU's right off the bat (early in the month). I changed my other 8 sites and haven't got an ACRU since then. Kinda weird, I guess that's just how the chips fall.

webwork, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  11. MWD

MWD Active Member

Best Answers:
    Something is definitely wrong

I have only migrated 2 sites out of about 15 and I have 2k of clicks for about $5.

But what can you do? Ditch Ebay is my next option if things don't get back to what they were on CJ and promote someone else.

I'm really disappointed as I thought Ebay's own system would be top notch.

MWD, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  12. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have one site with 600 clicks with $0 commissions. Is that possible? I have another site with 198 clicks with commissions. I find that very odd.

mcmuney, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  13. ZachG

ZachG Peon

Best Answers:
    With CJ I was averaging 2 commissions a day from that number of clicks, and it all but evaporated once I switched to EPN. Who knows.

I had a commission show up yesterday finally, so maybe things are getting back to normal..I hope..

ZachG, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  14. kidder

kidder Peon

Best Answers:
    We have had to switch off all of our ebay related PPC, earnings are so bad, read non existant now that it looks like it will soon be time to dump ebay. ECM was@ $9.00 on CJ - Now with EPN it's dropped to 0.44 - so not even breaking the one dollar barrier. It's broken I think.

kidder, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  15. mmacgillivray

mmacgillivray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, - like many others using eBay prog, I'm seeing some strange after-effects. However, on the BANS forum, there's a thread going about the cookies - and it is puzzling BANS members as to which (if any??) cookie is set for 7 days ...

This was posted by one member and is similar to entries in my cookies folder.

Are we missing the obvious? Does anything here look like a 7-day cookie? or are we looking in the wrong place??

Thanks
    M

mmacgillivray, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  16. marcdonovan

marcdonovan Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to track cookies is with Fiddler. Its a freeware plugin for IE. I would stick with the older version unless you are a dotNet person. You can watch all cookies as they set, and you can see all headers, forwards, http status codes, etc, etc. Its a great tool to troubleshoot your epn setup.

Looking at fiddler output though, you are correct, there is no 7 day cookie. There is a 10 year cookie and this may hook into their db to compute the 7 day signup limit.

marcdonovan, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  17. mmacgillivray

mmacgillivray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply; it would certainly be good to have the eBay opinion on this. I asked the same question on the epn forum, so will keep you posted if anything crops up there.

Best
    M

mmacgillivray, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  18. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    Something definitely is wrong, but remove clicks from the equation. Ebay has already admitted clicks are being inflated due to bots. But putting that aside, I believe ACRUs at the very least are not being properly reported/credited.

seowarrior, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  19. syowr

syowr Peon

Best Answers:
    I have yet to see any ACRUs so far this month.
    And I've made a whopping $5 for 2k clicks....

bleh...

syowr, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  20. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes.. the whole ACRU deal blows for sure. I have a feeling that a portion of tracking is hosed (possibly related to tool/type.. geotarget.. not sure). Just don't get why some people are making the same or more with ePN, and others are showing 'normal' clicks.. but getting extremely low commissions.

hanji

hanji, Apr 23, 2008 IP