1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A totally basic/newbie AdSense-related question

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by tayiper, Apr 29, 2006.

Although my friend has already explained this to me (or at least he attempted to, btw. he's an ex-class-mate of mine, who is also a member of this forum; his nick is "ruph"), I will rather ask this question here once again, just to be 100 % sure ...

So you see, the thing is that I currently have 6 variants of my home-site, all of them hosted on free-type hosts. Some of these hosts are my dial-up ISPs (i.e. my ISPs featuring free web-space/storage), some offering just hosting-services, and some offering hosting and various other services; for instance I am talking about free-hosts like "50webs", "Atspace", "Bravenet", "Geocities" etc.

Well, and my question is the following: since you need to enter one particular URL on AdSense sign-up, I am wondering, should I create a separate AdSense "account" for each one of them (i.e. each of free-hosts), alternatively use the same account but start a new "project"/"campaign" for these separate free-hosts/site-variants (not sure if this is even possible), or simpy use the same code on all the six site-variants, i.e. the one (code) that I will get after creating an account and submitting the "orginal" URL as mentioned above.

P.S. -- And also, what about if I decide to register my "real" domain-name in future (in fact, this might happen very soon); should I re-submit the "orginal" URL, change it in the AdSense account's settings or what ??

thanks for help, tayiper

tayiper, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  2. LinkSales

LinkSales Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im pretty sure you have to have a domain to use adsense.

Once you set up your account you can create different channels for each site to track the amount of clicks and amount earned from each site.

LinkSales, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  3. #Darren

#Darren Guest

Best Answers:
    You can apply with ONE domain, and if approved, then you can use adsense on ALL your domains.

Darren.

#Darren, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  4. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for a quick reply. However, my friend said that I do not need one (my own domain)

tayiper

tayiper, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  5. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As long as you have a website, just apply to AdSense, and once your account is approved, you can use the ads on any page that complies with TOS.

Tyler Banfield, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  6. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It is not allowed by Google (unless you ask and they give you permission) to have several AdSense accounts for one individual. I think having a domain name is better to apply, but probably not necessary especially a many people simply have a theirblog.blogger.com address and get adsense because it's included in blogger, very easy to sign up to adsense from there, so may want to open one and copy your content over there, yes, another version of your site.

JamesColin, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  7. sakuragi

sakuragi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you really wants to use free hosting, maybe you should try creating a blog with blogger.com and ofcourse, fill it up with unique and good content before applying for adsense. Good luck.

sakuragi, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  8. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    As others have said, you are allowed one account unless you ask for permission and they give it to you. If you create multiple accounts without their knowledge, you risk being banned, and all your earnings null and voided. But as others have suggested, simply sign up for a blog site, throw some content on it, then apply. Then use that account to put ads on all your other pages.

jackburton2006, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  9. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for further and quite educative replies ...

cheers, tayiper

tayiper, Apr 30, 2006 IP