1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hey all at Digital Point, I am just saying hello ...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tayiper, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hey all, I just want to say "hello" and shortly introduce myself to the community. I am a 25 years old male, born on July the 13th, 1980 and live in a small green town Ljubljana (and I still live there), which is a capitol of Slovenija (it's a country located in the heart of EU), where I study at the Architecture College.

My hobby is, or yet better, I am interested in computing in general, basic programming/scripting (HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Python etc.), custumizing OS and so on. I use mainly Windows XP (occasionally also Linux, the Slackware distribution), so yeah, I also I like batch processing and Vbscript. Otherwise I like to listen to various music, watch movies and series (South Park, Dilbert, Futurama, Simpsons are my favorites, browse World Wide Web (news and techy sites, message-boards etc.), hehe, listen Alex Jones's show about conspiracy theories and stuff. I just adore mother nature, I worship herb, fairy tales, mystics, walking, stalking, avoiding job, I like meeting with my friends, occasionally going to rave/reggae parties, enjoying my home-town and coast in summer here in Slovenija, I worship nature, herb, like mystics, music, movies and series, love walking, WWW, Alex Jones, walking, stalking, fairy tales, smoking herb etc.

While I hate going to job/work, then I hate with passion if I've run computer over the night and in the morning I discover that no DC projects were running for all night long, i.e. that I forgot to execute SETI before going to sleep, or forgot to trigger "continue" or "start" commands for FAH (with the Psservice CLI program from Sysinternals), then similarly I hate if I forgot to execute BeWeS MouseTracker program (also "projects software"), and so I am clicking for more than an hour or even two, three hours without MouseTracker monitoring it and saving the results, i.e. the distances and number of left/right clicks. And finally I also totally hate if some user of Soulseek (the p2p sharing-program I am using) deletes or moves some file, that I am currently downloading, especially if it is more than 50 % finisihed live set or a video file (short clip, serie etc), but I hate especially when I downloaded some, for instance 70 MB .avi or 30 MB .rm file till 90 % or so finisihed (the usuall size of South Park episodes), and then that user doesn't log-on for few weeks or even months - and then I use a Soulseek's Search Files function and find out that there exists an only 19 MB in lenght .avi file (or whatever the extension)

P.S. -- Btw. this text was copied and pasted from various pages on my home-site (I just can't wait to be able to post a link to it, lol), while I also need to say that I am looking forward to posting my web-design related questions here, since so far I've posted them in the "Programmer's Symposium" section of ArsTechnica forums (my nick there is "shirker")

cheers all, tayiper

tayiper, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  2. *Mayank*

*Mayank* Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to Digital point!

*Mayank*, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  3. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks "forumsolutions" for a friendly welcoming post ...

tayiper

tayiper, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  4. alien

alien Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, tayiper Welcome to DP:)

alien, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  5. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    /EDIT: OK, I see now that my "hobbies and stuff" part above is actually a total mess. It is so because I copied and pasted the text almost straightly from my home-site (i.e. without modifying it much) and later "merged" it with my various Occupation, Interests, and Biography signature and profile templates. Of course, I first wanted/tried to just edit the post in question, but I couldn't do it anymore. Anyway, originally it should be more or less like this text quoted below:

tayiper

tayiper, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  6. mavahntooth

mavahntooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hello! welcome to the forums have fun :D

mavahntooth, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  7. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, tayiper. Welcome to DP :) Good to have you here!

rosiee007, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  8. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    welcome to the forum whats reggae parties

chachacallis, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  9. mcmaktoby

mcmaktoby Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello tayiper and welcome to DP :)

mcmaktoby, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  10. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hi, and welcome here... enjoy to stay here...

Pammer, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  11. rubeina

rubeina Invisible Staff Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Welcome to dp, enjoy your stay :)

rubeina, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  12. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for nice welcoming posts once again ...

cheers, tayiper

tayiper, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  13. caligurl

caligurl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome Tayiper, I'm new too!

caligurl, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  14. Glitter

Glitter Peon

Best Answers:
    welcome :)

Glitter, Apr 28, 2006 IP