1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you click-o-phobic ?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by jacksmith, Apr 27, 2006.

Hi,
    Couple of days ago I was surfing mindlessly and came across a blog. It was a personal blog with some adsense ads. Pretty normal. But had written something that disturbed me, he said even though he is hosting some adsense ads on his blog he personally doesn't click on any ads he come across (ofcourse not on is site but on ANY site he visit).

So i was thinking that is it just this guy or do we all have such thinking just because we know that what those ads can do? When you see a relavant ad do you click on it because you know you will find something useful or irrespective of the ad content something inside you shouts not to take that path.

jacksmith, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  2. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    How does one surf mindlessly?

But anyways, I do click on interesting ads. I have no such phobia. I suspect that the reason some people doesn't click is because they've either trained themselves to ignore all ADsenes ads completely, or they don't like the idea of making someone money, which isn't difficult to understand, as we are all, in a way, competitors in the same business.

jackburton2006, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  3. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, I will always click an interesting relevant ad, or if I really like someone's site, I always try to click an ad.

Tyler Banfield, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  4. vlasta

vlasta Peon

Best Answers:
    ... I do not click ads, unless I am actively looking for something to buy.

It feels unfair to waste someones PPC budget when I know I am not going to buy anything form them. Call me a webmasters' nightmare.

vlasta, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  5. Sara

Sara Guest

Best Answers:
    If there is something interesting then yes, of course I will click! :) I did it before I became an adsense publisher and still do it. If I am at a site in which I am interested, and it shows relevant google ads, then I'm off via a google ad. And if that site has something I want, then, yes, I buy.

Sara, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  6. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    i plan to buy a domain name in near future and i was searching for it yesterday. So when i saw some that i liked i clicked on them.
    @jackburton2006: mindlessly like last night.. having dinner, talking on phone, and replying to some posts.

jacksmith, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  7. mohdsoft

mohdsoft Peon

Best Answers:

I totally agree with you.

mohdsoft, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  8. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    I am one of the internet users who ignore advertisements although I do publish ads on my blogs

kawebspy, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  9. finaldestination

finaldestination Guest

Best Answers:
    i do click on ads...but only on sites where i like the content...just to pay back the webmaster and encorage him to do good waork but never on made for adsense only sites....even if i like an ad on such sites and am tempted to visit it i just type in the URL....this is my cotirbution to keep adsense working...

finaldestination, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  10. vlerian

vlerian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i click interesting ads, but i have to limit it. i know i'm just a window shopper. the advertiser don't need my visit. :D

vlerian, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  11. Jamsi

Jamsi Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep thats me too. However, I'm finding that Google are getting better and better at contexual advertisements, and find myself clicking on things that interest me. (Especially crappy eBook advertisements. CLICK HERE TO EARN $1999 in just 7 days ... I like to laugh at their stupidity)

Jamsi, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  12. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a phobia about clicking ads born of my carefulness not to accidentally click ads on my sites. Terrible phobia, for sure.

Rod, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  13. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    whenever i searched proper ****** KW... if his relevant to them on ads which they telling about in adsense... then i m sure... i am click-o-phobia.... may be i will check 20 ads per day... on the basis of search engine...

Pammer, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  14. mariush

mariush Peon

Best Answers:
    In my case it's the contrary, If I visit a page that has quality information and not intrusive ads ( that give me the feeling i'm forced to click on them ) i feel the need to somehow reward the owner by clicking on one of the Google ads.

But only if it's quality and serious looking site. No ads blended between menu options or very close to links so that I may accidentaly click on ads. Those sites "suck" in my world.

mariush, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  15. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree, I click on relevant ads that catch my eye, but also to reward webmasters offering me something, whether interesting information, free scripts, freeware etc.

However I do hate those misleading websites intended solely to make clicks, as in example, doing a research you use a complete phrase to find relevant content and then a hijacked-like site comes across with nothing but nosense words and plenty of Google ads and even popups or auto installers.

I simply close immediately all the windows in response to such trick

Mystique, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  16. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    apart from being a publisher we are also web surfers and as web surfers we should not be anti ads just because its benefiting someone while we are wishing from the deepest of our heart to get those magical hit number. Of course it does not mean that you go on a click spree. Just be neutral

jacksmith, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  17. lonecrow

lonecrow Peon

Best Answers:
    Clicking on an ad just because you like their site seems a silly and dishonest.

Perhaps all your doing is getting them smart priced because of the lack of conversion from your click? Maybe that advertiser will stop buying adWords because of the bogus clicks and then he won't have any ads on his site. If you think your "helping" them your not.

Maybe everybody should have $0.25 paypal donate button on their site then you could reward them WITH YOUR OWN MONEY.

Heck maybe thats how google can launch their rumored "GCash" project. They could make a quick "reward this site" button.

lonecrow, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  18. Surf_Dude

Surf_Dude Peon

Best Answers:
    "I have a phobia about clicking ads born of my carefulness not to accidentally click ads on my sites. Terrible phobia, for sure."

Ditto to Rod's statement.

Surf_Dude, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  19. Olney

Olney Berserker

Best Answers:
    Totally Click-a-phobic
    I work at a company where I show people my sites as example & usually as examining they always want to click on ads.
    I don't concentrate on Adsense too much now because I make tons more in sales but my phobia extends to people in the same company, because we all share the same IP.

Olney, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  20. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    sharing same ip is really some big problem, you never know who is clicking ur ads . better to warn all your friends about ur sites.

jacksmith, Apr 30, 2006 IP