1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with adsense, ads don't display all the time

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by ESehner, Apr 27, 2006.

Hi, I'm a complete noob and I have a problem with my adsense. The site I run has adsense on it's pages, some pages get no relavent ads. Possibly because it is a mainly media based website. (I can add the url if it's not against any TOS, google or this site, I decided to play it safe and not though) When you first visit the page no ads display but if I click one section and go back to the main page, lo and behold...ads. I'm using Mambo and I have the ads in modules. Some pages will not show ads at all no matter what.

I'm wondering what is going on here because I can't figure it out.

ESehner, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  2. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    If your site is new, Google hasn't had time to properly spider it yet to deliver you relevant ads. Sometimes all it takes is a refresh to get the ads to show up, sometimes not. How old is your site, and how long have you had Adsense on? Plus, are you in Google's index? Since you only have media on your page, it could be that Google is having a hard time reading for any keywords. If it's one of those, "Look what I found!" sites, with just links to videos or embedded YouTube videos (or something similar), then you've chosen the wrong niche for Adsense. It's been proven time and time again that these kinds of sites are horrible for Adsense.

P.S. It's not against TOS to tell your URL.

jackburton2006, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  3. ESehner

ESehner Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's pretty much a "look what I found" website at this time. I've focused on videos and games lately, original content similar to magazine articles are in the works. it's www.confuzi.com I also run www.bensboard.com but I dont have the ads up yet since I'm not sure if I have to register again for a new site. (yeah, I'm not the greatest with internet related things, I know) The thing is, it works for some pages with sometimes relavent ads(sometimes not) with little content, while other times a page will have seemingly enough keywords compared to other pages and ZERO ads will show up. There are two pages in perticular that refuse to show ads at all. I tried adding more keywords in the description with no success. Does AdSense have a filter for keywords that automatically removes ads from a page?

ESehner, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems like everyone with this kind of site has this problem, so you're not alone. As well, you may add as many keywords as you want, but if there are no ads for it, well, there isn't any ads for it. Once you get some good numbers, I would apply to a CPM network and try to make money that way. Besides lousy ads, your type of site gets lousy CTR, so don't be surprise when it happens. :)

5. ESehner

ESehner Peon

Best Answers:
    I definetly plan on changing the advertising once I get a larger user base. I started the site a week ago. I just obviously have to weigh out what program to use as I'm very new to making websites and advertising online. Thanks for the help though, I do appreciate it.

Why the ads wont show up on the same page initially and then when having visited another page is still beyond me and everyone I've talked to.

ESehner, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  6. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, don't sweat it, that's just one of Adsense's quirks. I stopped trying to figure it out months ago. :)

7. ESehner

ESehner Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the help!

ESehner, Apr 28, 2006 IP