1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

March 2008 ODP Newsletter

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by budalata, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    budalata, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  2. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The usual BS. :rolleyes::D

gworld, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  3. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Highly disappointed that you's have decided not to start writing in the present tense - that ODP blog.dmoz.org is still Copyright 2007;)

I'm going to take a look into what you guys have got for the next couple of months - here's hoping it'll be less inflation than the tax rates and more adding and even more removing of sites:)

Spider-Man, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  4. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm amazed to find that the official (?) dmoz blog refers to this thread as the official (?) place where this newsletter is shared with the world. Since when is DP the place to find out about DMOZ? Alright, scratch that: it probably IS the place where dmoz wants to do most damage control as far as reputation goes.

kh7, Apr 3, 2008 IP
    compostannie and Qryztufre like this.
  5. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Those Newsletters are worth reading. A lot of you complain about our secrecy, so it's a pretty good look at the inside workings of the Directory. The Newsletter is intended for editors, but shared with the public, are you complaining about that?

No problem, gworld, we don't expect any less from you, :D.

Added - Note that the motsa you all hate so much is now an Admin. Congratulations motsa, and all the other new Admins, well deserved.

crowbar, Apr 4, 2008 IP
    compostannie likes this.
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    We have already determined and you agree that you are an A** kisser by nature, so it is no surprise that you think such BS "worth" reading. :rolleyes:
    Just the fact that Motsa has become an Admin, shows in what terrible shape the directory is in. Have you heard the proverb: "Sh*t floats to the top"?;)

gworld, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  7. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep paddling then, friend, ;).

crowbar, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  8. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am complaining about it.

There has been too many times where I have pointed to what editors have said outside of dmoz.org only to have other editors point out that what they are saying is NOT official. As the newsletter is posted on something other then the main domain it's just slightly less then official.

It would be nice if one of those new admin could make room at maybe newsletter.dmoz.org or something to make it a top notch, unquestioned resource.

Qryztufre, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  9. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    You are complaining because you don't like how it is hosted? If that is all you can find to complain about then that is indeed a high complement coming from you.

nebuchadrezzar, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  10. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Brother Q, take a look at the very first article, it's written by AOL Staff, how much more official does it need to be, ;).

crowbar, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  11. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    Crowbar, why do you take so much pleasure in being so adversarial? I don't hate motsa... please congratulate her for me and give her my best. If anyone deserves it, it's her.

compostannie, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  12. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It says it is, but is it really? If RZ is not official with all of the metas and other editors there, then how can any other DMOZ resource, regardless of WHO wrote it... it falls down to where.

Besides, it's on a .de domain that is not even an AOL affiliated site, at least not officially.

Anyone could make a newsletter and attribute it's articles to anyone they would like.

Now, do not get me wrong here. I have no doubt that it's official and that who they say wrote whatever really wrote whatever. However, I am pointing out that when such off site resources are pointed too they are often returned with "that's not an official site" reply.

*shrug*

Qryztufre, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  13. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, Annie, I didn't mean to be, and I wasn't refering to you at all. I've made a point of not knowing any details of any editors situation, it's none of my business, :confused:.

crowbar, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  14. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    No biggie crowbar, I still love you. :)

Seriously, I'm really happy to hear that ODP is rebuilding its admin team. Keep up the good work!

compostannie, Apr 4, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.