1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google no longer indexing new pages

Discussion in 'Websites' started by 1-script.com, Apr 13, 2006.

Hello everyone!
    I'd like to tap into the collective wisdom of this great group of people.

I'm worlking on a site that lost about 1 million indexed pages during the Big Daddy update. Granted, there were not so many pages on the site at the time, so it's got to be some sort of duplication error on G's part (or index size inflation?). Anyway, a 500,000+ pages site is now down to 11,600 pages indexed and it stays at that ever since the fall out around 25th of January.
    G bot regurarily revisits the site and some pages get re-indexed but no new pages (since about Jan 2006) are added (cache for the pages brings no results). I am talking about manually written uniqe content pages relevant to the main theme of the site that used to be picked up by G in a matter of couple weeks back in 2005.

Do you think it's a sort of a penalty that might require human intervention like filing a re-inclusion request of some sort?

Could it be a technical error (algorythm change?) on G's part and what could be done in a case like that?

1-script.com, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  2. Nathan Malone

Nathan Malone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you PM me your url, I'd be happy to take a look...

Nathan Malone, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  3. kamdon

kamdon Peon

Best Answers:
    I just posted right after you did. I'm not getting any visits from the google bot at all.

kamdon, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  4. Nathan Malone

Nathan Malone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Kamdon, how old is your site? How many links do you have pointing at it?

Nathan Malone, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  5. wisam74us

wisam74us Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are not alone dude, same for me and with almost 15 websites(Age between 1-9 years), Google doesn t index new pages, Google dropping pages with PR3 from the index
    Googlebot still visiting the site and update the cached copy with updated ones.
    I v been complaining of this problem about a month and it seems that I ll complain more than that.
    So if you find a way to fix your problem please tell me, meanwhile I suggest that you concentrate on Yahoo optimization or MSN to get some visitors till things settle down with Google

wisam74us, May 15, 2006 IP