1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unranked vs PR 0

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by drno, Feb 24, 2008.

I have quite a few unranked pages on several sites. The unranked pages are indexed in Google and quite a few pages, both internal and external, are linking to them. The PR 0 pages, of course, doesn't have that much of links. On one of my sites, the homepage was PR 3 before, and it is now unranked in spite of quite a few links. Why are some pages unranked that has quite a few links pointing to them? What is the difference between PR 0 and unranked for pages that are indexed?

drno, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  2. dillontim

dillontim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your site should be new. Unranked pr usually refers to site which are new and perhaps the links are still being "filtered off" and not counted into the page rank algorithm.

I could be wrong though... anyone?

dillontim, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  3. googleminigames.com

googleminigames.com Banned

Best Answers:
    If you are Unranked that is mostly because you dont have a lot of Backlinks to it.. And it can be the Age as Well Get Good Backlinks not just backlinks for a URL use Text in YOur Links preferable your keywords

googleminigames.com, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  4. pondlife

pondlife Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found that unranked means that you have multiple pages on the site with the same title tag - Google thinks they're one and the same page therefore won't index the page... this is why it's vitally important to have unique title tags for your pages (or unique pages!)

Good luck,

Cheers,p.

pondlife, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  5. mediapro

mediapro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a very good point! I've seen many "same title" pages get ignored by G myself.

mediapro, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  6. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even you are PR 0 still you have PR since we know that PR ranges from 0 to 10, so it's better PR 0 than unranked. :)

thunderbolt007, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  7. dtm32236

dtm32236 Guest

Best Answers:
    "so it's better PR 0 than unranked. :)"

really? I would think that unranked is better...
    PR 0 means your site lacks relevant content and/or backlinks.

Unranked just means that google hasn't 'got there' yet... it will often take a while for google to assign rankings.

I feel that PR is becoming less and less important, as PR isn't always reflected in SERPs.

(People will probably disagree - but I'd like to hear some opinions).

dtm32236, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  8. corlock

corlock Banned

Best Answers:
    physically, PR0 looks more nice into the eyes of the SEO instead of n/a LOL...

corlock, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  9. drno

drno Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks you all for your helpful hints.

I am aware of that the title tag is very important to get pages indexed and ranked.

Let me bring an example site, http://sokmotoroptimering.blogbeee.com/, that is more than a year old. It is a crappy site that I hardly update at all. Yahoo shows about 50 poor backlinks. All the pages are unranked. I wrote the content myself so I know it is unique. Most of the pages have unique title tags. This subdomain has eleven pages indexed in Google, some of them with the same title tag.

I am using the Firefox plugin SearchStatus 1.22 to view the pagerank. Maybe it is buggy and fools me.

drno, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  10. seanmullins

seanmullins Peon

Best Answers:
    Drno, I see a free parked page there?!

Interesting that this page thread itself is "unranked"
    I would have thought a page thats been around this long and has a few posts would at least be ranked (even if a zero?)

seanmullins, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  11. Groovystar

Groovystar Peon

Best Answers:
    if it's a 0 at least it's accepted and there. Most web pages are a 0!

Run any search you will see this is true. My site is a 0 and it is doing very well, so far. Considering that it is not that old, only a few months.

Groovystar, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  12. v2interactive

v2interactive Peon

Best Answers:
    NA means Google has not processed or crawled yoru site yet. a 0 means it has processed your site and everything is OK, time to link build to raise your PR.

v2interactive, Jun 24, 2010 IP