1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Advice: illustrator banner for printing

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by rajautara, Feb 22, 2008.

Hi All,
    I want to ask for member's expertise here about printing a banner.
    Im begginer in graphics, my friend ask me to do a banner for printing. So i just make it one in photoshop.
    The problem is the printing company want it in illustrator so they can print it in big size. I wonder how to convert it all of my art work to illustrator (in vector), because my banner is combine together with picture.
    This is the sample;

[​IMG]
    Can some one advice me?
    Thanks in advance.

rajautara, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  2. DomGatto

DomGatto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, unless you have high resolution photos of those pictures, it is going to be distorted when you print it. As far as keeping things in paths, you can preserve things like text.

DomGatto, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  3. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    okay. so you've got your template for the baner done in photoshop.

Find out how big the banner is going to be (the dimensions) and create a file in illy that size.

Now bring in your photoshop document, stretch to the whole canvas, 50% transparent, then lock it.

Create a new layer.

You've still got the font you used, so re-type in all the text and size it to the template you've made.

Boxes with colour borders can be made easily with rounded rectangles, no fill, coloured stroke and make the stroke wider

Photos might pose a bit of a challenge resolution-wise, but it is a banner and not meant to be viewed from 2 inches away. place your images, resize them so they're under the see-thru boxes with the border.

Depending on how much of the corners show through, youe may have to copy and paste the rectangle and select it and the photo and create a mask.

Just some basic general hints for your course of action. Illustrator has great documentation, I use the help all the time because it's quicker than looking through the menus if you forget where something is.

Remember, it's made by the same people as photoshop, they still think the same way. The tools are the same, the workflow's the same. The only thing that's different is that you're making vectors, not pixels.

You can do this. Best of luck, innovati!

innovati, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  4. rajautara

rajautara Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks sir.
    Atleast i got an idea after read your suggestion..:)
    The job is done.. i have print it and the customer is satisfied..

rajautara, Mar 2, 2008 IP