1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web Listings inc.

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by skelator, Feb 19, 2008.

I just got a letter in the mail from web-listings.net saying i need to send them 65 dollars for one of my domain. Im pretty sure its some kind of scam. Has this happened to anyone else?

skelator, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  2. kohashi

kohashi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    scam. tons of companies sending this crap out, just throw it in the garbage or delete it.

kohashi, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  3. Mminnc39

Mminnc39 Peon

Best Answers:
    I Got the same letter from web listings inc. I called my web site people and confirmed that it's a scam. I took the self addressed envelope that came with the bogus bill, went into the yard and let my dog fill it with payment.

Mminnc39, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  4. unseenghost

unseenghost Peon

Best Answers:
    The website that the letter is listed to James Madison one of our beloved presidents. The 800 number says thanks for calling and says to press 0 to talk to a rep. All it does is say invalid number try again, but 6 will let you leave a message. I say flood the number with messages. The law won't take care of this scam artist I say that we do. Oh and the regular number that is listed is the Niagra Aquarium.

unseenghost, May 8, 2010 IP
  5. divegy1

divegy1 Peon

Best Answers:
    i have a buss in key west,but i,m originally from the buffalo area,,i checked out this web- listings company,,the address is the post office in niagara falls n.y. on military rd,,prob a po box,,this is a SCAM,,,DO NOT SEND MONEY

divegy1, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  6. ciaoenrico

ciaoenrico Peon

Best Answers:
    It's astonishing that this thread is as old as it is, and that I received the same letter this week. Either there are a lot of poor saps sending them money for their "services," or they've been taken themselves by a traditional mail marketing outfit. I really hope it's the latter. I hate companies like this.

ciaoenrico, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  7. vintagebmw

vintagebmw Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using Web Listings Inc for several years. THEY ARE LEGIT!!! I know some of these companies are scams but these guys are not. My domain and website is www.vintagebmwlive.com - My site is certainly not going to show up on the first page of google... but it was listed with smaller search engines and definitely did help my website search optimization. Well worth the $65 per year!!! I highly recommend them... really!!!
    Al

vintagebmw, Dec 29, 2010 IP