1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sites That Yield Mega Traffic Mega Quick

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by TheBrokenOne, Apr 1, 2006.

Ok so every time I check General Marketing forum I'm looking to find information on how to get mega traffic as fast as possible for free i.e. The Holy Grail of Traffic or something to that effect. Now naturally enough I'm constantly disappointed to see the same ole tired advice like exchange links, submit to directories, post in forums yada yada yads *yawns*

Yeah we know all that. So I've decided to compile a list of sites that can send mega uber server killing death traffic along with an approximation of the amount of traffic one can expect to receive from each site. If you can add to the list it would be appreciated but please no more generic marketing advice like the ones mentioned above.

Digg.com - Sites that get dugg to the front page receive upwards of 50,000 visitors in a single day I hear. I've never been dugg but I did receive 200+ visitors shortly after submitting a story...then it got buried. Digg will end your server...Oh you can digg me here if you want

i-am-bored.com - If you have a site or something on your site thats cool or interesting then i-am-bored is the place to submit it. My site got listed and received nearly 20,000 visitors in 2 days. I still get traffic from i-am-bored to this day. Funny story goes with this one, the day it got listed I needed to upgrade my web hosting plan to cope with the traffic. My web hosts decided to upgrade the mysql version at the same time which had a bug that causes MYISAM tables to become corrupted if they have deleted rows. So anyway that messed things up that whole day pretty much, was a bit gutted to be honest.

Slashdot.org - I don't know too much about Slashdot but I've heard they send traffic on a par with digg. If anyone here has been slashdotted then feel free to share your experience. Your site needs to be Tech related for this one, not sure how strict they are on that??

ebaumsworld.com/ - The Link Dump section on eBaums. Ok I've never been able to submit a site to this cus the stupid login yolk doesn't seem to work but if you did get listed here you could expect crazy traffic going by their adbrite stats: 23,245 visitors per week and I do know that elinks stay on the front page for 7-11 days usually. Feel free to submit Rate My Doodle cus I can't get that login thingy working but anyways.

Cool Site of the Day - Submitted my site 2 months ago and got no response which was a bit odd but I hear you can expect to receive 1000-5000 visitors if it makes the cool site and some traffic from the archives for a long time afterwards.

wallpapervault.com - If you have an image based or wallpaper site you can expect to receive a solid 200 visitors a day for about a month by being listed here, then you'll probably get buried to page 10 or something depending on the title you enter. Pretty good for a month though.

metafilter.com - I dunno anything about this site yet but I've heard they send ultra traffic, you need to pay $5 to register. (thats no good we want FREE traffic :) ) If you have any experience with metafilter then post away.

Some other sites I've heard send high traffic are:

bored.com
    boredatwork.com
    fark.com
    ubersite.com
    milkandcookies.com
    davesdaily.com
    majorgeeks.com

shoutwire.com/ - 1000 visitors approx

Got any more? List them here and give details, if you've been listed on any of the above sites then share your experience. And again don't post any generic marketing advice, just mention sites or indeed new methods that generate uber traffic uber fast :)

TheBrokenOne, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Nice post!

It's true, those sites can send MEGA traffic.

Also, http://www.shoutwire.com has been pretty good as well.

Crazy_Rob, Apr 1, 2006 IP
    JeffC likes this.
  3. Roxyyo

Roxyyo Peon

Best Answers:
    My question is how targeted is that traffic?

Roxyyo, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  4. TheBrokenOne

TheBrokenOne Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll add shoutwire to the list Rob, any idea what level of traffic shoutwire can send?

Roxyyo thats a good question actually, the i-am-bored traffic was completely un-targeted although i did get 100+ visitors that return almost daily to the site out of it and a rake of links to the site from myspace profiles and such. Wallpapervault is uber targeted if you have a wallpaper site, you'll do well from getting listed there. The rest I can't really say yet, I'd be interested to know how well people did from Cool Site of the Day. I know Digg and Slashdot traffic tends to die off fairly quickly but getting that much traffic can surely never be a bad thing. I do think that sites like this can really help to get the word out about a new site and getting started is always the hardest part. Targeted mega traffic, well that really is the Holy Grail of Traffic...

5. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

I had a site on the front page last Sunday and ended up getting about 900 visitors in 24 hours.

6. TheBrokenOne

TheBrokenOne Peon

Best Answers:
    Shoutwire is pretty cool actually. Tis basically digg but fast, digg is shockingly slow on dial-up...

7. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    HA! I just noticed that a site of mine is on Shoutwire's home page and has already sent me 1,200 visitors today.

Looks like a lot of people use torrentspy too.

8. quaffapint

quaffapint Active Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I noticed is that shoutwire doesn't last as long as a digg post. Meaning I get hits from comments in digg months after the digg, but shoutwire's posts just seem to disappear into the ether...

quaffapint, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  9. koolkid

koolkid Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey- About how many Digg's do I need to get my site to the top?

Just Wondering

Thanks

koolkid, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  10. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Whats the point of getting mega traffic to a site if it's not qualified traffic...
    If its hopeing people will click on Adsense ads I can see the point but apart from that I just can't see the point unless the traffic is related to products you are trying to sell.

Cyclops, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  11. inerte

inerte Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not a fixed, magic number. Speculation:

The rate of Diggs vs. the submit timestamp (burst of diggs) and the submitter previous stories (trust factor) are major factors.

For example, if you submit a story now, and it gets 50 diggs in 5 minutes, you'll probably hit the front page. And if you have a lot of stories that already hit the front page, any new one has a higher chance to hit it again.

Minor factors: Who diggs your story (friends vs. strangers), reports and number of comments (burst and number).

At least that's how I would do it :)

inerte, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  12. MindStyle

MindStyle Peon

Best Answers:
    I just got on the front page of digg about 26 hours ago. So far I've received about 15,000 uniques. However, there's also a lot of other traffic that comes indirectly from digg.

For example, the entry also made delicious popular and I've seen about 2000 uniques. diggdot.us sent about 1000. I've also been linked to by about 50+ other blogs and that is bringing in some nice traffic, the links will also help with SERPs.

The problem with Digg traffic from what I hear is that you can't really monitize it. I can't vouch for that personally because I don't run any ads on my blog.

MindStyle, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  13. MindStyle

MindStyle Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes about 40 diggs to make the front page, a little less if the diggs happen rapidly. I'm pretty sure this is how it works, when my entry was getting close I watched for awhile and it seemed like every time a story got 41 diggs it would go to the front page. If the diggs were coming faster they would go aroud 35.

MindStyle, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  14. tulip4heaven

tulip4heaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing , very helpful for beginners

tulip4heaven, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  15. InfinityGuy

InfinityGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Shoutwire can bring mutch mutch more that 1000 but it`s hard to get on top.

InfinityGuy, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  16. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I ended up getting 3,000 on Saturday.

Crazy_Rob, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  17. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    I was first on shoutwire for 3 days in the movies section. Never got much traffic and then my listing got removed :(

www.blogreporter.biz is an amaizing one for blogs! You might even get a few daily clicks if you are at the top but you will stay there for a long time :D

mightyb, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  18. chris_surfrider

chris_surfrider Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been on ebaumsworld, fark, i-am-bored and bored.com

They all sent me about 10,000 visitors each...

-Chris

chris_surfrider, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  19. Haichi

Haichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ebaumsworld sign in sucks :(

Haichi, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  20. brizzad

brizzad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adult sites can submit to fuckingmotherfucker.com .. they approve most sites within 24 hours and send a minimum of 1500 hits.

brizzad, Apr 4, 2006 IP