1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is this okay

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by invisible, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    If you see a thread which say "$XX With Shipping" and you order it and other day you get a PM that "Pay Me $XX more as it costed me more to ship to you place" and he says "Pay me $xx else you'll get -ve iTrader"

Will you pay more?

invisible, Feb 12, 2008 IP
    Halobitt likes this.
  2. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No. If it says that the price stated includes shipping then it is unreasonable for the seller to ask for more. The seller should have done their homework about shipping costs first.

CountryBoy, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  3. Agni

Agni Banned

Best Answers:
    I certainly won't pay more for shipping. The seller stated that he's gonna ship item for free. He/she should have think about it before listing the item.

Agni, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  4. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    User is giving out false information.
    "Pay me $xx else you'll get -ve iTrader" is not a direct or correct quote. This transaction is regarding me; I said if you cannot cooperate with my negotiation I will be leaving negative iTrader, which is entirely fair. Please read my post further for more information.

This user is creating this thread in regards to an item that I am selling.
    I sold this item for $20 thinking shipping to India would be $10. It used to be at my local post office. It cost me $27.50 - more than the entire sale - to ship the item to the user.

I am simply requesting more funds from the buyer but instead the buyer is creating this thread. It is fair that I am asking for more funds. I already shipped the item out. I am even asking for, if he/she is not willing to pay, for a trade of domain names or service.

This is entirely fair. Does anyone have to argue with this? I think not.

EGS, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  5. Angelia

Angelia Banned

Best Answers:
    This is not fare , if you stated once You've have to give for that price

Ain't I right ?

Angelia, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  6. CountryBoy

Best Answers:
    Are we talking about your wireless mouse and keyboard sale?

Pretty unequivocal I would say. You're making a big, indisputable, promise with that statement EGS.

7. prudence

prudence Guest

Best Answers:
    i never ever treat this kind of thread

prudence, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  8. Coolalex

Coolalex Banned

Best Answers:
    I would say its completely fair, IF he stated the price of shipping was to India only.

Coolalex, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  9. invisible

invisible Banned

Best Answers:
    invisible, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  10. vijaychandarr27

vijaychandarr27 Banned

Best Answers:

You should have enquired it about first before selling the item . Its your fault and you cannot Blackmail him for -ve iTrader as OP stated.

You should stand with your statement and ship the item to OP at the same price you mentioned at your thread !

vijaychandarr27, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  11. Coolalex

Coolalex Banned

Best Answers:
    If it says anywhere in the world he should honor that, Now if he said Only India then its fair to ask for more, but he said anywhere in the world so its very unfair to ask for more.

12. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Invisible, you can cooperate with me or not. If you don't want to cooperate, you're going to get a negative iTrader.

It's pretty sad you're even making this thread. You're getting the item regardless. Everyone will be able to see if you can't cooperate. I already stated that I made the mistake of miscalculating shipping...

If you can't trade me a domain or service, at the least, for my loss in this transaction, that really reflects on what kind of member you are. I kept my word with the sale, and shipped out the item even when the lady at the post office told me how much shipping would be. I thought, from your iTrader rating, that perhaps you were a decent member and could negotiate this with me - apparently all you want to do is try to create this thread and make me look bad.

Sorry, but that's not going to work. :) I've already gone out of my way with this transaction. If you cannot cooperate with me, I'll just leave you a negative iTrader, but please note: this is totally up to you. You can trade me a domain or service with a click of a mouse and nothing is lost for you. I already lost money out of this.

You're not going to waste my time either. I'll give you a couple of hours to make your decision. People will be able to see just what kind of member you are if you really can't comply...I'm being extremely nice and patient here.

EGS, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  13. twistedspikes

twistedspikes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, if it states that the price includes shipping then do not pay more, even if it means -ve itrader (this is false itrader, it can be fixed).

It's the sellers fault for saying it includes shipping. If they had said it includes shipping up to $XX amount then they could have asked for more to cover the rest of the cost.

Oh and EGS you made a mistake, asking for more money reflects on what kind of a member you are, not paying does not reflect badly on the buyer.

twistedspikes, Feb 12, 2008 IP
    Halobitt likes this.
  14. CountryBoy

Best Answers:
    Okay, here's what I suggest.
    - EGS: You made a rash statement there but it was obviously a genuine underestimation of the postage costs.
    - Given the post you made in the thread, "$22.50 anywhere in the world", you aren't really in a position to be leaving negative iTrader for the potential buyer in this case. He is only asking for you to honor that price. Unreasonable? I think not.
    - invisible: I urge you to recognise EGS's genuine mistake and withdraw from the deal. It would not be right for EGS to incur costs well above what he actually paid for the items.

15. Coolalex

Coolalex Banned

Best Answers:
    Just go ahead and leave him a - right back :)

16. CountryBoy

Best Answers:
    No. No iTraders. I WILL REPORT the first person to leave iTrader in this deal. It is not right for anyone to be blackmailing someone else over iTrader.

Thanks EGS. It's appreciated.

17. twistedspikes

twistedspikes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think EGS has already sent the item in question, so I don't think withdrawing from the deal is an option now. Just thought i'd mention it.

twistedspikes, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  18. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    CountryBoy-

It's unfortunate but you do not have any jurisdiction over this transaction. The iTrader system was used for feedback regarding transactions, and is appropriate to be used in this transaction as a negative or positive - whichever experience I get out of it.

I have done my part as the seller and no matter what provided the product to the buyer. Simply put, if the buyer isn't willing to negotiate this loss with me, he/she will be receiving a negative iTrader as I will be having bad experience out of this transaction.

Thank you.

I am now out of this thread and don't plan on returning. This dispute does not need to be publicized as once again, I am the one in the loss. I don't understand how the buyer is complaining when I am the one that lost both money and a product.

Either way, all's I am asking for is negotiation, which if cannot be worked out, well...you know the result.

Thank you all.

EGS, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  19. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Smel like a scam ....

w3bmaster, Feb 12, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.