1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense Black List

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by mika, Mar 25, 2006.

Anyone tried www.adsenseblacklist.com yet?

I implemented the Top 30 about 24h ago. The CPC was a little bit higher today. But maybe it's because it's Saturday? I'll be having an eye on it in the next few days.

It would be nice to hear other people's experiences.

mika, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  2. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Havn't even heard about it. I must wait and see more comments...

maldives, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  3. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    Darren the ProBlogger posted a comment about this -- I don't know if it is a good idea.

If AdSense shows the best paying ads on your site, blacklisting ads means lower paying ads.

The other side of it, though, is if the ads aren't contextual and relevant. Maybe blocking non-relevant ads might show ads that pay a lower CPC but might grab a higher CTR if they're more relevant.

dadasays, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  4. w3bmistress

w3bmistress Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm well a few of the domains on this list appear frequently on my site.. and would be considered competitors anyway so i banned them. We'll see what happens.

w3bmistress, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  5. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    I seriously don't like the usage of the term MFA on this site. While many of the sites on this list are just that MFA sites some are not.
    In fact, many of us have bought low cost adwords traffic and sent them to our high paying pages of our site does that mean that eventually we will end up on this list? Then our quality sites would be associated with MFA?

I'm ok with some of my fellow adsense publishers blocking the low paying ads but if everyone does this then there may be a problem. soon google may just remove the filter and make us suffer. While I hate getting those 1 penny ads I feel that blocking an ad just because it is low paying defeats the whole FILTER idea of blocking competitors ads. So I personally do not block low paying ads.

EDIT: I think the Removal of MFA would make me respect this website much more. It is a good idea but calling site MFA when they are not is just BAD.

toomuch72, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  6. commandos

commandos Notable Member

Best Answers:
    commandos, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  7. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I smell a cease and desist order.

:D

TommyD, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  8. rubberduckie

rubberduckie Member

Best Answers:
    Jim Boykin, in his blog, posted a link to another blog that shows that the adsenseblacklist site is run by someone who publishes MFAs. Totally sketchy shit.

rubberduckie, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  9. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.corruptdmozeditor.com/2006/03/adsense-blacklist.html

Not only <ahem> questionable content </ahem> but some TOS violating nude photos to go along with it.

directask.com/index.php?term=fitness One of the examples the blog used.

When it does come down to it, there is something to be said about questioning the motives of the person(s) behind the site...

Jenstar, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  10. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe Google can issue such an order. This site does no more than explain an issue that all site publishers with Adsense should be aware of.

Publishers need all their wits about them to keep ahead of Google's tactics. Remember, they are out to maximise their profits, not yours.

Rod, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  11. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well discussion on this forum made me join, but I still don't have permission to reply to this topic so I'm doing it with help of member "Rod". Thanks Rod!

Ok, first of all, I was very surprised how deep people dugg, and I don't have anything to hide. I am ashamed owner of DirectAsk.com. That site was actually some sort of experiment (made in a name of science) and one of the primary reasons that inspired me to create AdSenseBlackList.com
    DirectAsk has never and will never be advertised on AdWords!! So there is no chance you'll see THAT ad running on your google ads!
    Right now, directask is kind of profitable and intend to use this money into blacklist site development. By doing so I belive I'm doing more good than bad.

AdsenseBlackList.com URL was banned from google adsense becuase of the buzz it has caused by using "AdSense" in URL. Since that's their trademark, they suspended ads on my pages. That's why I'm changing url in next few days (probably AdsBlackList.com) and it will be focused on YPN and MSN ad center too.

For banning proof, check this pic if you don't trust me:
    http://www.slibe.com/image/0be8394f-Slibber_jpg/

Now I don't want to keep Rod waiting to publish this post, but if you have any additional questions, please post them here.

Regards,
    Emir Pilavdzic
    AdSenseBlackList.com

THANKS a LOT!

Rod, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  12. PiLe3D

PiLe3D Peon

Best Answers:
    ok, just a minute ago I got e-mail with activation code. thanks anyway! :)

btw, I'd appreciate if anyone could tell me how can I drop a comment at that corruptdmoz site? thanks

and to be honest with you, ABL site increased my revenues for up to 20% on my other sites. It won't hurt you to try it. ;)

PiLe3D, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  13. rubberduckie

rubberduckie Member

Best Answers:
    Emir,
    Your post is interesting mainly because it does not mention celebrityworld dot tv and the nude women it publishes on the same page as the Google AdSense Search Box.

Can you please address that part?

Thanks!
    :)

rubberduckie, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  14. dreamedia

dreamedia Peon

Best Answers:
    great idea. well done.

dreamedia, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  15. PiLe3D

PiLe3D Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Celebrityworld is my website totaly indeptendent from directask (althought it was linked from directask). CelebrityWorld was officially approved by google adsense team (I have mail proof), so as such, I have right to put google search box on that site.

DirectAsk and sexy lady was part of the experiment because I read somewhere that hot babe bring lots more "attention" (read - clicks) to ad that is displayed near it. I don't belive it was against AdSense TOS, was it?

And once more, please don't tie these sites with AdSenseBlackList because that site is fully automated and user edited. I might delete some "abuse links" from time to time, but that's all. And I also recived many great feedback on how to improve it. I just need cash now and it should be next best thing after adsense itself. ;)

Kind regards,
    Emir

PiLe3D, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  16. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't making public exact communications with G an Account bannable offense? TOS violations?

:confused:

TommyD, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  17. PiLe3D

PiLe3D Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, you're probably right, but I don't think it bannable if the mail doesn't containt some important and extreemly private data such as CTR, page impresssions, etc.

PiLe3D, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  18. PiLe3D

PiLe3D Peon

Best Answers:
    ok, it's now official. I changed domain and made personal statement on
    www.adsenseblacklist.com

thanks,
    Emir

PiLe3D, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  19. rubberduckie

rubberduckie Member

Best Answers:
    What's really funny is how Emir outed himself in message #11 with that link to Slibe.com.

That website is a 100% MFA site, too. The more you click around, the more apparent it becomes that Emir went to great lengths to create one of the worst examples of an MFA site I have ever witnessed. It features zero content and purports to offer free image hosting but it does not. Slibe.com only exists to induce AdSense clicks. It even has hidden text at the top of the page!

Hey Emir, the game is over. If AdSense doesn't ban your account, then at least people are now aware of what kind of person you are.

rubberduckie, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  20. Fret-Less

Fret-Less Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey yeah, you're right. There is hidden text at the top of the page. I didn't think people were bothered with doing that nowadays?

Fret-Less, Mar 28, 2006 IP