1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tweak ZANGO Gateway with this code and increase installs/revenue

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by andheresjohnny, Jan 24, 2008.

I have been receiving alot of PMs and Live Messenger requests pertaining to a recent Zango-related post that I made in another thread. I will post the technique here instead of continuing to answer each request individually.

For those unaware, Zango is company that pays webmasters money for each visitor that downloads the Zango toolbar .. a "pay-per-install" affiliate program. This can be quite lucrative, with many webmasters earning hundreds or thousands of dollars per day.

You must signup with Zango to make use of this program and technique. Go to their website either by Googling them or via the link in my signature below.

This technique makes use of the Zango "gateway" which is a page that appears when visitors try to access protected content on your website (videos, music, games, downloads, etc). The page explains to the visitor that the content they are about to access is free, but in order to get to it they must install a small "toolbar" to try. When they install it then they are taken to the content. If they don't install it then they will or will not be taken to the content ... depending upon what type of gateway the webmaster is using.

A good example of this Zango gateway in operation is www.glitterfy.com. Click the "Glitter Maker" tab, and you will be prompted to install the toolbar, but even if you decline you still have access to the glitter maker option.

I have several blogs with content where I have installed the Zango gateway. By the very nature of a blog visitors can enter by any page. I discovered that many people were just "clicking away" when the first page they saw was popping up the Zango gateway right off the bat. The visitors weren't getting a taste of what I had to offer ... they weren't getting "hooked".

I decided that I needed to allow visitors to sample several blog posts (content) before I hit them with the gateway to continue. I figured they would be more likely to install the toolbar if they liked what they already saw.

What I did was add some PHP code to the top of each page in the blog. This was easy to do since the blog software (wordpress) was structured more or less with templates. Add the PHP code to one of the templates (ie; header) and it would be available on every page that included the template. You can use ths code even if you are not using a blog. You just have to make sure that it appears on every page.

The code below uses what is called PHP sessions. Basically these are variables that exist for the life of one visitor's browsing "session". All it does is keep track of how many pages a visitor has viewed. After a pre-determined number of pages have been viewed the Zango gateway will begin poppng up.

Hopefully by this point the visitor is "hooked" and will be more likely to install the toolbar. Well it works very very well.

The code below is written in PHP, so the server hosting your account must be able to process PHP. If your server is Microsoft-based you will have to write this code in another language. At least you will know what it should do ... hire a script writer!

The code:

<?php
    session_start();
    $_SESSION['zango'] = 0;
       if (isset($_SESSION['views'])) {
          if ($_SESSION['views'] < 2) {
             $_SESSION['views'] = $_SESSION['views']+ 1;
          } else {
                 $_SESSION['zango'] = 1;
          }
       } else {
              $_SESSION['views'] = 1;
       }
    ?>

<?php
    if ($_SESSION['zango'] === 1) {
    ?>
    <!-- zango gateway code START -->
    <!-- zango gateway code END -->
    <?php
    }
    ?>

Code (markup):
    Place the gateway javascript between the 2 lines:

<!-- zango gateway code START -->
    <!-- zango gateway code END -->

The above code will allow the visitor to view 2 pages of content before popping up the gateway. To change the number of pages that you want the visitor to see before they get the gateway, change the number '2' on the line if ($_SESSION['views'] < 2) { .

Now I'm not a professional PHP coder, and I'm sure there are cleaner ways to write the code ... but the extra money this generates doesn't care.

I have several other techniques that I use to dramatically increase my install ratio when using the syndicated content. If I find the time someday I'll do a post regarding that.

Good luck folks.

andheresjohnny, Jan 24, 2008 IP
    EGS likes this.
  2. Logo

Logo Peon

Best Answers:
    thats sweet!

Logo, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  3. andheresjohnny

andheresjohnny Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hopfully I didn't screw up the code as I was typing it in.

I tell you though ... the technique works very well.

4. atomicvenom

atomicvenom Peon

Best Answers:
    I sent you a PM, and I am glad I did, because it really works great. Now I am just waiting for the popover gateway so that the content can still be seen behind the installer. I was doing good with zangocash already. Now it will be that much better. I really appreciate the little snippet.

atomicvenom, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  5. andheresjohnny

Best Answers:
    You contacted your account manager for the popover code, right?

6. CashCowBoy

CashCowBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    But glitterfly is not using it now. I am not seeing anything like that when i clicked their tabs

CashCowBoy, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  7. andheresjohnny

Best Answers:
    They were using it yesterday when I went back to test it before I posted it as an example. I just now tried it again and it worked.

Did you click on the "Glitter Maker" tab at the top? That is what is triggering the pop-over gateway.

Also, have you already installed the Zango toolbar on your own PC? The gateway will not appear if you already have the toolbar installed.

andheresjohnny, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  8. CashCowBoy

CashCowBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    I clicked. I think i have installed from other site.Thats why..

CashCowBoy, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  9. andheresjohnny

Best Answers:
    Then you can uninstall it and try again .. that should work.

10. iBoot

iBoot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they accept warez forum?

iBoot, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  11. andheresjohnny

Best Answers:
    I doubt they would allow you to signup with an "illegal" website. I believe a warez site might fit that description in their eyes.

12. anil595

anil595 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What An IDea? I joined one week back in zango cash,My site is games site I got your php code,let's try,I will edit your php to 5 pages(you kept 2 pages), and I will keep the gateway which will not allow to play the game if visitor or user click 'no'.he can play the game only when he clicks 'yes'.How is my Idea?Somebody is saying that zango is a spyware don't use,some times I am confident about zango when I see's like this thread.Sometimes when I see post's like zango is a spy then I am really confusing.Somebody is saying we will loss our repeated visitors but I got confidence when I seen Your php code again.By your php code we can get Install from others after sometime when they enjoyed littlebit in our site.it's good idea.I solved one problem from your thread now.There are other problems that are I am going to use google adsense(just applied today waiting for thier approval) ,I seen one thread in this Dp that one person said that google banned his site for using the gateway of zangocash.Is it True? But everybody saying that no problem with money and easy money with zango.Please provide me more details abt zango.

anil595, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  13. andheresjohnny

Best Answers:

I've been using Zango with no problems from any seach engine. Zango is not spyware.

andheresjohnny, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  14. anil595

anil595 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am believing zango I am keeping the zango in my website.

anil595, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  15. andheresjohnny

Best Answers:
    Are you placing zango on the games site in your sig? Because that site has so much zango potential.

Post in this thread if you'd like some suggestions on that games website. I'l post my thoughts here so all can see.

16. usmanzali

usmanzali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How many sites can you sign-up with?

Also do they allow gaming sites? What are the reqriment?

usmanzali, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  17. andheresjohnny

Best Answers:
    You initially signup with 1 website. This is the website that the zango folks will use to approve/disapprove your account. They love entertainment websites (movies, videos, music, games, etc), so if you have one of those use it first.

Then you can add an unlimited number of websites. Tracking is done by website, so you can see how well each site performs.

Actually, their entire tracking reporting is excellent. I have used their stats to determine what should go where.

The requirements are that you do not put zango on illegal sites. Be sure to read their TOS to stay on the straight and narrow.

usmanzali likes this.
  18. usmanzali

usmanzali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    andheresjohnny Thx alot :D

usmanzali, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  19. DanLar75

DanLar75 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in LOVE! Installed a Zango popover gateway yesterday on ONE of my TWENTY sites (getting the same amount of traffic around 3.000 unique a day and are dedicated to video/television) and made over $80 in 24 hours!

I am placing the code on 10 more Monday and plan on taking a long vacation!!

DanLar75, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  20. DanLar75

DanLar75 Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, if anyone needs help. Feel free to msg me!

DanLar75, Jan 26, 2008 IP