1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Intermediate php book suggestions???

Discussion in 'PHP' started by wallarookiller, Jan 24, 2008.

I need some good suggestions for an intermediate PHP Mysql book. I've pretty much got all the basics down from w3schools and other type learn php websites but most of them lack structure and only go so far.

I'm really interested in going further in PHP but have hit a wall when it comes to free information so I'm looking for a couple of good books to keep me busy for a while. Obviously I've searched amazon but theres thousands of books and the reviews vary so much that they are pretty much useless.

What I'm looking for is a book that skips the basics and moves on to more complex projects dealing with php and Mysql with Decent examples. I don't want them to just give me code and say there you go like some php snippet book but show me how and why they have come to that solution.

All suggestions are very welcome and if you could give the reasons why you like the book(s) and how much experience you think should be a prerequisite that would be even more helpful.

wallarookiller, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  2. walkere

walkere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Practical PHP Programming (http://hudzilla.org/phpwiki) is a great book. It starts out with the basics, but if you skip to the end there are some more challenging examples (creating a polling system, a message board, a guestbook, etc).

- Walkere

walkere, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  3. kmap

kmap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    kmap, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  4. wallarookiller

wallarookiller Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a pretty good resource actually walkere I'll defiantly check it out. But I really want a couple of books and don't really know where to start they all look good in there own way.

wallarookiller, Jan 25, 2008 IP