1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shared Server hosting & Page Rank

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by ahkip, Mar 19, 2006.

I 've just found out the sever that host my website handle 826 different website...

Just wonder if there is a relationship between #of domain from one IP address and Page rank of my website

ahkip, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  2. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    None. PR is for the page itself, it has nothing to do with the IP.

NetMidWest, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  3. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    how about PR pass out from link of my website?
    I seem many ppl selling link say that "these directory has different IP address"?

ahkip, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  4. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    you might want to clarify a bit, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your second post.

anyway, pagerank has nothing to do with who you're hosted by, at all. pagerank is simply about the number & quality of links pointed at any individual page.

why you're so worried about page rank rather than the rank of the page is moderately puzzling to me though :)

disgust, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  5. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    It is a common belief that other websites on the same server as you who link to you would not have as positive effect as sites linking to you on other servers (IP's) so you dont really need worry and it doesnt affect your PR.

sji2671, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  6. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have loads of links from other sites on your server then google may assume they are your sites and devalue the links a bit.

If you don't have loads of links from the other sites then you are fine :)

mad4, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  7. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    samskpunk,

if you are with a shared host, it is very much possible that there will be hundreds of sites on the same IP. This does not have any bearing on your pagerank. however, what you've read is regarding the incoming links benefits from different IP ranges. It is a commonly held belief that google favours links from different IP ranges, especially from different c-class Ip's.

onedollar, Mar 20, 2006 IP