1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

TripleTags.com Steals Members Passwords

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Narutoboy, Dec 29, 2007.

Warning: Do not visit or register at the named website in the title. The owner of the site has a history of stealing the passwords of registered users, and could easily do the same to you. (The system is set up so that all passwords and email addresses are visible, so they're easily accessible).

I am seriously fed up with this website and its owner, because lately he’s been making my life a nightmare. Why? Well, he stole my business idea and all of my hard work (PS3Tag.com), then he took the userbase and went on with the website through a different domain name (I own the name PS3Tag.com).

Story:
    Ok, SectionZ (his name) and I were working on a project called PS3Tag.com. I had been planning to start up that website since march, but didn't have the ability until he came along and when I told him the idea (key part). He was a pompous, self-righteous, arrogant jack-ass throughout the partnership, and he started changing the direction of the site without my permission, so I decided to back out.

Ever since then, he’s been making my life a living hell.

1. He redirects the domain PS3Tag.com (my domain) back to his new site/domain. (he stole my password and logged into my free host)

2. He steals my account on N4G.com.

3. He logs into his own site and locates the password of an admin on one of my forums (SonyPG.com), which he uses to log into my forum and mess with things (I still haven’t totally figured out what he did yet, but I have proof that he did this).

4. (this is while I was still apart of the site) He used the mass email system to email all members telling them to use his new domain without my knowledge, basically screwing me over.

I am so pissed off, mainly that he stole my idea and now plans to possibly make a living from it (It’s potentially profitable).

Anything I can do about this? I spent hours and hours and hours advertising the site. When I was apart of the site, we had about 600, 000 indexed pages in Google, in just a couple of months, and that was 90 % me (other 10 is the system itself, I was the only one doing the advertising, at least what showed up in Google). I'd love to sue, if I had the time and money. This just isn't right though, I can't stand seeing the "new" website in operation, when it was I who built the userbase in the first place.

Narutoboy, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  2. p80i

p80i Peon

Best Answers:
    This coming from the same person that used his admin information to delete content on the tripletags.com site. The full story or at least "OUR" side of it is here:

http://www.tripletags.com/post.asp?id=165

I say OUR because its a community run site now with multiple owners who work hard every day to keep the site online who can all back the owner up in this persons claims of a stolen idea. Grow up.

p80i, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  3. ravenplus

ravenplus Active Member

Best Answers:
    hmmm, sounds fishy.

ravenplus, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  4. EvilChicken

EvilChicken Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey all, EvilChicken here! The guy whos only goal is to have a nice functioning site to let everyone come to and have fun.

Lets go ahead and tell you all the story about Narutoboy, through the eyes of a spectator.

Narutoboy has hacked my site TripleChat.com Under the impression that he is god. In fact he is a bullshitting liar! Yes, he has never taken the time to learn anything so he goes out of his way to make others feel special for a bit then uses them like tools! As so, he asked SectionZ to design and build this great system for the community and SectionZ does so without complaint.

Narutoboy then decides to make a tool out of him and starts wanting more and more. Then that is when SectionZ decided that enough is enough and stops working with NB. Then NB things it would be a great idea and delete almost everything from SectionZ system! What a complete fag!

I however, still on the sidelines watching all of this, see that this is way out of line. SectionZ then hacked Narutos stuff to get back which is what I will be doing to Naruto sense I have built many back doors in the SPG network. I built it all just so you know!

So now that Naruto is all pissed because people decided not to play by his rules, he decides to hack my site. I know my fault so it will never happen again and I have backup'ed all my stuff just recently so nothing is lost. I am going to strike gold from this event now as I will soon have the entire TripleTags.com community agents NB and everything will suck worse for him.

Nothing good will come from doing this Narutoboy...you sick son of a bitch.

EvilChicken, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  5. Raisin

Raisin Active Member

Best Answers:
    So far everyone in this dispute sounds like an immature little kid. I'd be seriously shocked if any of you are over the age of 18. Here's a bit of advise for you guys; in the business world breaking into any system whether you're "getting back what's yours" or responding to someones attack on your site, will result in legal action. Is a felony conviction really worth it all?

Raisin, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  6. qardinal

qardinal Peon

Best Answers:
    why don't you guys go suck on your bobby and take a nap?

on a side note, it's easy to steal a user's pw. simply login to mysql, change their email address to yours in the database, then request a lost pw. after the pw is sent to your email, change the user's email back. pretty simple man.

qardinal, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  7. Remotay

Remotay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats why you never work with a "partner" online.

Remotay, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  8. EvilChicken

EvilChicken Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, thanks for your advice. I am not over 18 yet but it is nice to see others thoughts on the situation.

I have gotten everything working again!

EvilChicken, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  9. Digital X

Digital X Member

Best Answers:
    You know, its never the owner or partners that lose in this kind of problem; its the users.

Both of you should be ashamed of yourselves. I mean, money should NEVER be your first priority, it should have been what ps3tag or ps3tags were built for; a social aggravrigator of PSN's over the internet...But greed gets to both of you, not just one. BOTH. You both think that this would be beneficial financially; while that may be true, you should NEVER think of money first. The first priority should have been SERVING your members, and visitors with what seemed like a nice site.

SHAME. SHAME. SHAME.

Being a member of both sites, I feel like throwing up right now. Both of you disgust me.

I mean, stealing passwords? WTF?
    And as for you, why do you feel the need to give this info out? Just so that you could inspire more crooks?

Digital X, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  10. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So he is making your life a hell yet you are the one here complaining and airing out the dirty laundry.

Not sure how he steals all this stuff. I bet you gave him access...that's your own fault. How can he point your domain elsewhere? It's either your domain under your control or it's not.

Could you have made this site without this person because it doesn't sound like it?

Next time be careful who you make a partner and make them sign an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) as well as add a non-compete clause. What you could have done is covered your arse better.

RectangleMan, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  11. Narutoboy

Narutoboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Whoa, I just noticed something. In this very thread, he states that he's going to try and hack my website through back doors in the system. What more proof do you need of their criminal activities? They haven't admitted to the information I've exposed, yet they state that they will be carrying out the same actions. That's just as good as admitting to what I originally exposed.

EvilChicken:
    Please, your entire post was filled with inaccuracies, lies, and childishness. Ex: "I am going to strike gold from this event now as I will soon have the entire TripleTags.com community agents NB and everything will suck worse for him.”

I'm far from immature, just a little upset over what has taken place and you would be too if you were the one experiencing this, so call me immature if you want (if you were referring to me) but I'm very serious.

It is very wrong and illegal, which is why I posted about this - The people I mentioned in my original post have been doing these things, like stealing passwords, illegaly logging into others accounts, and other illegal activity
    True. I know that now.

I agree with every word of this, which is why my intention was never about money. First and foremost, everything was for the community, the person that didn't have the same feelings as me was SectionZ, who even stated to me that he's relying on the system to PAY HIS MORTGAGE. I'm not kidding, those are his words to me.

It is pathetic for a webmaster to steal his own members passwords, which is why I created this thread, in order to warn any potential members. I'm a clear example. My passwords were stolen and thereby allowing him to pillage my accounts on multiple websites. The sadest part though, is that "p80i" (SectionZ) actually stole the password of "EvilChicken" to log-in to another site of mine and delete his own posts, which resulted in innocent members having their posts deleted. Yes, the same EvilChicken in this thread had his own pass word stolen by the same person he's defending.........am I the only one who finds that crazy???

What does that have to do with anything? Making someone's life hell by hacking into their accounts, stealing passwords, redirecting your domain to their competing site, and stealing your idea among other things is the result of what made me decide to bring the issue to light.

Ok, I'll explain. No, I did NOT give him access to my host or anything like that. We were partners originally, so he was aware of what my password was (i used to use a universal password), and he went to my free host at the time, then somehow made the system redirect to his website. He really just redirected the host to his website, which resulted in visitors being directed to his website when they entered in my domain.....that's why I just said domain to make it short, but it had more to do with the host as stated.

Simple answer is no, but what does that have to do with anything? I appreciate the fact that he was willing to bring my idea to life, but when someone then steals the idea, and commits all of these crimes afterwards, that kind of outways the original good deed.........yeah.

That's what everyone told me to do. I didn't. At least I'll know for any future endeavors.

Here are some other things that I didn't mention, since some people want to make me out as the bad guy:
    - The same "EvilChicken" in this thread, is the same person who actually illegaly began using vBulletin software stolen from my license. How was he able to do that, you ask? I'm sad to say, but this involved another partnership. He was an administrator on the other site I mentioned, and when he chose to leave my website for the other website, he simply downloaded the script like he paid for it and had the right to use it without my permission! I was the one who paid for the license, so he has no rights to that script whatsoever. He did end up paying for his own license after I threatned to report him to vBulletin, however, the deed was already done.

- During the partnership with the PS3Tag.com website, while I was still an administrator and co-founder, SectionZ, the other owner, sent a mass email telling all of our members to begin using his own domain to view the website without my permission. Remember, this is while I was still apart of the website, too.......

Narutoboy, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  12. EvilChicken

EvilChicken Peon

Best Answers:
    Well lets just say this, my only cause of being so pissed off is because I build the entire SPG network, I was then used as a tool and therefor I left.

I took no money as I enjoy the hobby of web design so much that it is my chosen profession, but it isn't so much as that these events are happening, it is more of the fact that even now I am still being attacked by Narutoboy on my site.

Everything on the TripleChat site is mine, nothing is stolen. I do not take a profite. I only care of TripleChat and nothing else. You ask anyone that that knows me and they will tell you that all I do is listen to what they want and do it. No complaning, no lieing, no BS.

Now something that I thought was interesting is that NB desided to go and get into my accounts on other websites. Posted and stole my accounts and I have now lost friends from around the net.

So this is my final post here, Thanks everyone that has listened and read, I know what I must do and that is to take care of the users.

And thanks Narutoboy for making me realize that you can trust no one, and to be more secure when giving others information.

Now I just hope that the users that once trusted you can find TripleChat to escape you.

EvilChicken, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  13. Narutoboy

Narutoboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Again, the majority of your post is filled with lies. You don't quit, do you?

I'll dissect your entire post.

"Well lets just say this, my only cause of being so pissed off is because I build the entire SPG network, I was then used as a tool and therefor I left."
    False. If something needed to be done, then you took upon yourself to do it or if I wasn't able to do something myself, then I'd ask (look up the definition of "ask") you and most of the time I'd follow that or end that with "if you could" or "whenever you had a chance", so it was all up to you.

"Everything on the TripleChat site is mine, nothing is stolen. I do not take a profite. I only care of TripleChat and nothing else. You ask anyone that that knows me and they will tell you that all I do is listen to what they want and do it. No complaning, no lieing, no BS."
    Yeah, maybe now, but you did illegally use a vBulletin software from my license. To avoid trouble, you had SectionZ buy you a license, which is why you immediatly switched. Do I need to provide email proof or will you stop lying?

"Now something that I thought was interesting is that NB desided to go and get into my accounts on other websites. Posted and stole my accounts and I have now lost friends from around the net."
    BS. Stop lying. I didn't do that. And, the only forum where you have "e-friends" that I'm aware of is pixel-nation, and those guys hate you too, because you did the exact same thing to them.

"So this is my final post here, Thanks everyone that has listened and read, I know what I must do and that is to take care of the users."
    Please, do me a favor and keep that promise.

"And thanks Narutoboy for making me realize that you can trust no one, and to be more secure when giving others information."
    Ditto. I've learned that from the both of you, clearly.

"Now I just hope that the users that once trusted you can find TripleChat to escape you."
    Escape me? I don't hold anyone captive.

Narutoboy, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  14. Stallion

Stallion Banned

Best Answers:
    Well put.

It's like a soap opera. Look, at this like a business. Be responsible. Professional. If you need help, pay someone to come in and do a defined job. Run your site as a CEO, not some democracy of 10 people that all have passwords. Be a big boy. Have the big boy login and password. Remain in control.

Drama makes me laugh.

Stallion, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  15. woods

woods Peon

Best Answers:
    That's awesome. I'm gonna go out to my car and leave a note saying that it's unlocked.. Oh and I'll modify the key so it works to the house too. ;) I'd be glad he didn't do worse things (writing crap to clients, telling your friends to go f themselves etc.)

And all these sites and even big companies (I know out of experience) with plaintext passwords are bothering me.. Surely anyone with access to modify the files can log all the password fields in plaintext.. but people coming through an sql injection and can just get the database = instant victory. (Likely to have such holes anyway if they don't bother about the passwords). So from a developers point of view this makes me shed a tear. At least use simple md5 hashing, it's better then nothing. <end of rant>

But seriously, yes this sucks - but I agree with Digital X. This seems much more like a personal issue, hence it should be argued about in private.

(okay, I gave this thread more drama status by bumping it but oh well.)

woods, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  16. Narutoboy

Narutoboy Peon

Best Answers:
    The same thing could happen to any member of that site (stealing passwords, hacked accounts, etc), including non-staff, which I think is worthy of being out in the open.

My opinion is that if someone is ruthless enough to steal from a supposed "co-partner" and from a current staff member, who happens to be here defending him, he could easily go through the system and use anyone's password - That's how the system works, too. The usernames, passwords, ip addresses, and emails are all visible. It's not secure.

(And I am definitely not the only one who made the mistake of using a universal password. I bet at least half of the members on his list entered in a password they consistently use or a password they have used before.

Narutoboy, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  17. Digital X

Digital X Member

Best Answers:
    EvilChicken has been mass e-mailing to its members saying that they need their help and support after the "attack" but what he said in the e-mail is read as a "childish saving face" bs. Both of you need to grow up, especially you, EC. Your post in the e-mail, and your news piece on your site triplechat.com has been extremely childish, making YOU look cheap in the process. You took some really cheap, and really weak attacks at SPG/NB.

I want to see a good, and clear winner out of this war, because its leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Digital X, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  18. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    EvilChicken...you should get a lawyer and sue this guy for some serious slander against you and your business.

He has no proof of anything he is stating and has basically lied directly here a few times.

Narutoboy..it's obvious to me at least that your maturity level alone makes you unreliable and untrustworthy. You don't think any of these problems are you fault when in reality...you have blame for everything that has happened.

caveat: I don't know anyone in this thread and I have never been a member of any of these sites...my posts are my opinions based solely on this thread

RectangleMan, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  19. Narutoboy

Narutoboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Please don't tell me you were talking about me here? I have told the absolute truth and have the information to prove it if I needed to.

Stop trying to speak for me, dude. I have already said that I (key word) made a mistake by using a univeral password and I've said that it was my fault for not being smart and drawing up a contract before hand, so you saying that I don't take the blame for anything is innaccurate. So what are you talking about? As for the "relationship" turning badly or anything like that, then no, I do not take responsibility for that and rightfully so.

Remember that even while I was apart of the website and on good terms, he sent out a mass email without my knowledge or permission to try and make my domain illegitimate.

20. Narutoboy

Narutoboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, I find it disturbing that I’m being called into question and considered unreliable and untrustworthy when the second guy (EvilChicken) has clearly stated that he is planning to hack into my website through a back door in the system. Did you miss that message? I mean, come on. What else does he need to say to prove his maturity? And, according to another member here, he's sending out emails stating a similiar sentiment.............

I'll even quote him:

"I however, still on the sidelines watching all of this, see that this is way out of line. SectionZ then hacked Narutos stuff to get back which is what I will be doing to Naruto sense I have built many back doors in the SPG network. I built it all just so you know!" - EvilChicken (his very first post in this thread and on Digital Point altogether)