1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marriage, how seriously do you take it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Blogmaster, Feb 24, 2006.

?

Where do you stand regarding marriage?

1. I'm married, I cheat, and am ok with it.

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. I'm married and I never cheat.

19 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. I'm married, I try not to cheat, but it happens.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. We have an open marriage, so we both do our thang.

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. I have cheated once and never again.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm seperated, so I have relationships but wouldn't if me and my spouse were still or back together.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Since I'm not married, I really can't answer any of the questions with certainty :)

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  8. If I ever get married, I will take it very seriously.

12 vote(s)
    18.8%
  9. I'm not married, and marriage to me is just a piece of paper.

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  10. I'm not married, but believe in being faithful regardless.

12 vote(s)
    18.8%
    This poll will be anonymous, just interested in seeing where DP members stand on the issue.

Blogmaster, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  2. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    hehe, would be cool if you made it public, so people can see who voted how ;)

jk

I'll take this: Since I'm not married, I really can't answer any of the questions with certainty

DomainMagnate, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  3. ramakrishna p

ramakrishna p Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All the ten poll options not applicable to indians. Once we got married we are together till death....No cheating....no misunderstandings...only happiness.

ramakrishna p, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  4. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Sounds good :) But does that really play out as planned? I'm sure that it's not something you want to openly do in India, but it does happen ... right?

5. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Reign of Chaos

Best Answers:
    Well, not anymore. I currently am dating a happily married women. Not dating actually, just the good part. :p

Anyways, society is changing fast, and swapping is on a rise in metros so is wives cheating.

Husbands cheat on their wives all the time. I am young, i have friends who just got married 1 or 2 or 3 years ago, and i know all their secrets.

If theres a little hint given by a women that she is intrested, a man would be on his job whether married or not. We are jerks :D

EDIT: BTW i am not married myself and i've selected the option 'Since I'm not married, I really can't answer any of the questions with certainty'

SumitBahl, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Interesting. Every society copies the bad habits of the Western World first ;)

7. ramakrishna p

Best Answers:
    Prostitutes exists all over the world. They are not wives. Iam talking about marriage relationships with homely women. Not about prostitutes of India.

8. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Reign of Chaos

Best Answers:
    Well, i am not having any sort of relationship with prostitutes. I HATE PROSTITUTES.

You cannot call a married woman having an affair a prostitute.
    Anyways, times sure are changing.

9. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    LOL I'd hate for someone here to get in trouble someday over voting honestly on DP ;)
    Something quite interesting I've read a while back. A survey was held amongst a few hundred participants who have been married 5 times. They were all asked which one of their marriages was the best. 95% stated ....

The first one!

10. ramakrishna p

Best Answers:
    A married woman with weak back ground can go nasty!

11. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    With all due respect, I think that there are many women unhappy in their marriages, and many of them do cheat as long as they get away with it. I don't think it matters where you are. Unless you are in a Muslim nation where those chicks would be put to death for it. I doubt that there is too much infidelity going on over there.

12. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Reign of Chaos

Best Answers:
    I totally agree here, women unhappy in relationship would cheat on you, whther you know it or not. That could be a livein relationship or a marriage or just an casual affair.

Women can drive you crazy. :)

13. ramakrishna p

Best Answers:
    As I said it depends upon how we brought up in society and the family background. The term "relation ship" totally belongs to genuine families. Not applicable to parents with nasty background who brought up their children in society the same way they grown. In forest tigers/lions are born to kill for their daily mutton. Their cubs will adopt same quality as of parents. They never go coward.

14. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    If I ever get married, I will take it very seriously.

MELLA, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  15. soul-healer

soul-healer Peon

Best Answers:
    The interesting thread blogmaster.

Things are different in different socities. Cheating is all over the place. i have noticed (i might be wrong) that most of the people arnt satisfied with the current relationship when people come close they expect each other to act accordinly and that needs commitment as the society is moving fast no one sacrifce for others here starts the problems husband dont listen to wife and wife wants to do what she likes. Actually the word commitment is disappearing.

I am not married yet and didnt plan to marry in 2-3 years as i take marriage very seriously it not a piece of paper is the one soul in two bodies and both have responsibilites till i find a good one who understand the word commitment i have no plan to marry a girlfriend who says i am not gonna do this infront of me and keep on doing the stuff while i am away. I always takes women seriously thats the problem i have but in the modren world emotions are dead. Thats why cheating cases increase over the past few years.

The above discussion is all my personal experience i didnt pointed anyone nor any society.

Regards.

soul-healer, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  16. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting comment Soul-Healer. I agree wholeheartedly. Marriage to most people is a joke. Aight so maybe not a joke but they don't take it too seriously Commitment doesn't mean much and everyone seems to be cheating without caring. Uhh wtf. I was brought up to be honest and respectful...I have never cheated on anyone and I never will (yeah never say never blah blah...but in this situation I can say never) If you love someone, or even had an ounce of respect for them you wouldn't cheat. You ALWAYS have a choice in life, so there is absolutely no excuse for cheating. If you felt anything for the other person, you would not cheat on them. simple.

If and when I marry - I would be 100% commited to that person. Marriage to me means alot, it's also not just a piece of paper. Naturally there will be ups and downs, just like in any relationship or friendship, the good doesn't come without the bad thats why you have to work at it.

I don't know what's up with this world...divorce rates are riddiculously high nowadays. My mum and dad got divorced when I was younger because one of them was unfaithful so I have seen what it can do to a person, it made me really cynical. But my gran and Grandad have just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and are still as in love as the first day they met, which does give me a bit of hope lol.

I saw on the television this really really old couple...they have been married 80 odd years and when the husband was asked ''How did you manage to maintain such a happy marriage after all this time?'' he replied ''With two simple words ...'yes dear.'' :D

MELLA, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  17. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Laps dances don't count as cheating, right? ;) :p

Crazy_Rob, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  18. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Not if your thoughts are pure while it happens haha

19. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

Oh of course! What if you go "upstairs" though? :eek:

Actually I think I've only received two or three lap dances before. :(

Crazy_Rob, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  20. soul-healer

soul-healer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mella this is an honour for me to have comments about my :) i am short of 15 Reps to get 100 so this might help me getting some reps ;)

Well comming to the point i am sorry to hear about your parents . But happy to listen when you say that your grand parents are still together and enjoying happy married life.

Also i would like to wish you that you find your soul mate 100% loving and caring as you yourself looks like to be.

Good people found good ones but on the way they meet some bad ones so there is no need to worry about :) Oh i am talking too much :)

Have a nice day all of you

soul-healer, Feb 24, 2006 IP