1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Animated Gifs Allowed

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by ! !, Dec 8, 2004.

According to an eMail sent today to Adwords Clients

Google will be allowing "select clients" to begin using Adwords (probably "selected" by the amount of advertising revenue generated)

Will this potentially, act as a diversion from the Design theme of a Website

! !, Dec 8, 2004 IP
  2. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    You have to follow the google animated gifs rules though. I doubt that just any crap will pass though.

TwisterMc, Dec 8, 2004 IP
  3. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    you still have the right to display text only ads so it should be fine ... I wonder if there will be any additional costs for the advertiser .. or will it have a higher payout.

payoutwindow, Dec 8, 2004 IP
  4. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I won't ever do image ads. I never liked them in the 90's and I still hate them.

mopacfan, Dec 8, 2004 IP
  5. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    What if an image ad was worth at least $.15 where as a text ad could be $.02? Not sure how it works but what if? ;)

Now I'm kind of in the same as mindset mopacfan. I like the text ads but I would do image ads if they were nice like over at macthemes.net

TwisterMc, Dec 8, 2004 IP
  6. stephaneggy

stephaneggy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Image ads suck big time, everybody hates them (well the surfers I guess)

stephaneggy, Dec 8, 2004 IP
  7. gchaney

gchaney Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe dollar for dollar image adds pay 2 to 4 times more for same term. They have to as you are, as an image advertiser, paying for multiple add space.

I wish G would serve more image advertising on my site as I make more $. However, if they go animated it can be a BIG "motion" distraction to readers when using towers down the right or left margin as I do.

I believe I will definitely go text only if I start seeing animated images drive off visitors. I have not doubt this will happen as I hate them myself. Static images don't bother me at all as they're nothing more than a picture with a sales pitch.

This is bad news. Like serving spam up on your own content site. Ewwwwwwww....

Cheers

gchaney, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  8. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    You are all just use to ugly image ads. If done right, they can be wonderful!

TwisterMc, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  9. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. It really depends on the presentation. Some image ads can get attentions if done properly.

melfan, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  10. oziii

oziii Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not a big fan of them. I've had hardly any image ads served to my site - but I have to say that the ones I've had have generally been of a reasonably quality.

Would love to see something incorporated into the stats to show if they're paying off though...

oziii, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  11. snowalker

snowalker Member

Best Answers:
    I don't agree using animated gif but in particularly situations it works fine...

snowalker, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  12. princ.workfromhome

princ.workfromhome Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a 100% free membership, but you only receive 4 ads per day to read at that .... If you join, and are still hopeful that you will get paid 2000 dollars , .... although I do have to wonder just why anyone would pick a name like that. .... The bonuses, earnings and minimum payout were ridiculously high so I ...

princ.workfromhome, May 27, 2011 IP