1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can you determine low paying ads?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by vlad230, Dec 2, 2007.

Hello!

I hope this is the place for my question :)
    So, how do you find those $0.01 - $0.15 CPC ads ? :confused:
    Any advice on how could I find them so that I can put them on the "not allowed" list?

Thanks,
    Vlad

vlad230, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  2. ebookempowered

ebookempowered Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the CPC of the ads that are shown on your site is largely dependent on the main keyword/s that your use on your site. If you have a site about google adsense, then the ads displayed on the site will all have relatively high CPC, around $1+ or so. However, if you make a site about macromedia flash, then the ads on a whole will have a much lower CPC. So it is important to choose a keyword/s that have a high CPC, that way the majority of the google adsense ads displayed on your site will have high CPC.

You can determine CPC for different keywords on this website: http://www.vretoolbar.com/keywords/
    (click on the "Adwords Traffic Estimator" link for each keyword and it will take you to a page that shows the keyword's CPC)

As for specifically finding ads that pay $0.01 - $0.15, you can determine what the adsense ad is about, then search using http://www.vretoolbar.com/keywords/ for that topic to see what the CPC is. Again though, if you base your site around a high paying keyword/s, this problem of having low paying CPC ads on your site should fix itself, because google will provide adsense ads that are about the same topic (keywords) as your site, which you have already determined to have high CPC.

ebookempowered, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  3. vlad230

vlad230 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for the tips & the tool :)

I mean how can I detect the ads that are low paying? I saw some guys that where talking about ads that direct to MFA sites and they said that these are low paying.... Is it a constant monitoring process? Do I have to watch my ads and preview the URLs ?

vlad230, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  4. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It comes from your content. If you block out the low advertisers, then you're losing out on potential higher revenue if they start paying more.

ForgottenCreature, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  5. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Go on your site. Type in the URL of the ads you see on your AdSense ad units... if they look MFA, block the URL. DON'T click the ads. You can see the URL without having to do so (I need to put this disclaimer cause there are some nutty people out there).

Yes, it's a constant monitoring process. P.S: 15cent CPC is GOOD.

Fka200, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  6. vlad230

vlad230 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I know I shouldn't click my own ads :D But, 15 cents CPC is GOOD ?!?! I'm always reading people's posts that claim to get $1 CPC... Maybe they're lying :D

vlad230, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  7. rostau989

rostau989 Peon

Best Answers:
    Use the Google Adsense preview tool. Then check the urls. If they are coming from MFA sites you can block them in your competative ad filter on adsense.

rostau989, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  8. toufique ahmed

toufique ahmed Peon

Best Answers:
    its really hard to know, with tools too. i don't know how others do

toufique ahmed, Dec 3, 2007 IP
  9. Comenius

Comenius Peon

Best Answers:
    Just tried that tool and it wasn't working...

Comenius, Dec 3, 2007 IP
  10. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    15 cent is decent. for many niches 5 cent is average. Try to increase your traffic. The high paying niches with dollar plus keywords have a lot of competiton and traffic is harder to come by, so you make more per click but get less clicks.

wowhaxor, Dec 4, 2007 IP